Hammer? Sword? or Axe?

Wellzy
Myrmidon

Postby Wellzy » Feb 06, 2017 17:44

Having a hard time answering this question, and it all comes down to how a skald plays compared to the other classes.
What weapon type has the most useful styles for a Skald? Since we don't use a shield, block styles are pointless.

>Axe has a nice frontal chain, but skalds dont spec 50 axe for the followup.

>hammer doesn't have a good attack speed reduction style, (no block). couple of 2 sec stuns

>Sword has a parry attack speed debuff, but the really nice stun is off block only =\

-- I'm leaning towards Axe, has a decent parry chain, frontal that can be used as a good substitute for an anytime, and a nice 39 combat speed debuff side style.

Any thoughts? insight? Something I am missing or am not thinking about?

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 06, 2017 17:57

seems that hammer has some nice snare styles
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Pezzor
Warder

Postby Pezzor » Feb 06, 2017 20:18

50 sword you get ragnarok. That would be the only reason you go 50 sword I believe.

Hammer is the most popular because it has effective style and has extremely low Endo use. Especially since endo pots are 2 minutes only, hammer seems even more amazing.

However, Ragnarok.... lol

eckso
Warder

Postby eckso » Feb 06, 2017 20:30

Hammer is most consistent and popular spec for Skalds. That is due to the rear and side snares, cheap endo cost, and decent damage versus Hib Scale, and Alb Chain.

Both Axe and Sword are more for solo spec.

tivook
Warder

Postby tivook » Feb 14, 2017 17:42

eckso wrote:Hammer is most consistent and popular spec for Skalds. That is due to the rear and side snares, cheap endo cost, and decent damage versus Hib Scale, and Alb Chain.

Axe and sword solo oriented and hammer isn't? Lol, have you ever played a skald?

Hint: Hammer is easily the preferable weapon for a solo skald thanks to low end cost plus you can go 44 hammer 46 bs 17 parry which gives you another DD, damagesong and much needed parry. Sword is far too end consuming for any solo play.

If you have no clue don't give advice! Not surprised it's coming from you tho Eckso, no clue noob from the Real Addictz guild.

Numak3
Warder

Postby Numak3 » Feb 19, 2017 02:41

eckso wrote:Hammer is most consistent and popular spec for Skalds. That is due to the rear and side snares, cheap endo cost, and decent damage versus Hib Scale, and Alb Chain.

Hib scale and Alb chain are both resistant to crush, so I dont know why you mention people speccing hammer in order to get decent dmg vs hib scale, alb chain.

Firstarget
Warder

Postby Firstarget » Mar 13, 2017 12:04

People spec hammer because you win Side snare and backsnare its better in group /solo
50 sword is only decent if you play in Assist but skald in assist ....
only go FFA on caster/healer and snare tank so yes hammer its really better

Daredent
Warder

Postby Daredent » May 07, 2017 22:13

Grenouille
Myrmidon

Postby Grenouille » May 10, 2017 16:59

You also get the stun on parry with hammer, some skalds landed it on me it's pretty surprising.

Return to Skald