grp role in pve

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Jul 03, 2018 12:28

I play Cleric atm and i buff and heal and with a theurg in grp it can be insane boring in pve.
and shaman does buff ofc
but do they have any other role, pulling, healing or dps?

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Jul 03, 2018 12:31

Shaman can root pull, can root adds, can assist heal, can dot (base spell).
If you go full cave spec, you become a cabalist with regen endu... EZ farm solo
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Jul 03, 2018 12:45

Requin wrote:Shaman can root pull, can root adds, can assist heal, can dot (base spell).

Sounds way better than my cleric. I leveled up a matter cab but Cave will have to wait, do you even have many good spots for it?

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Jul 03, 2018 17:35

Stasis wrote:
Requin wrote:Shaman can root pull, can root adds, can assist heal, can dot (base spell).

Sounds way better than my cleric. I leveled up a matter cab but Cave will have to wait, do you even have many good spots for it?

Depends how early you go cave. At 19 (with end 1 and first AE dot) there's a spot at the north end of West Svealand, 2 huts with bloodfelags inside. You can AE the middle mob and kite groups of yellows. At around 21, you can go to Muspelheim and get the spiders on the hills near the entrance. From 24-28, there are skeletons near the Shade of Gunnar mob that will con yellow/blue. From 29-41 I leveled at the Seared Skeletons and Mephatic Ghouls. From the entrance to Musp, you head straight until you see 2 valleys as a fork, and take the left one. There are 2 groups of aggro mobs on opposite hills. As I said, I leveled from 29-41 in this spot exclusively. If you have a trinketer, you can make ridiculous money. I made well over 50 platinum in that time, but I also intended to solely farm the spot for money. Lifter 2 OP.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Jul 05, 2018 09:02

Hard choice, Cave for solo or buffs for grp.

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Jul 05, 2018 17:38

Stasis wrote:Hard choice, Cave for solo or buffs for grp.

One thing that a lot of people do (since the ideal spec is 22 aug for end 3) is level full aug until level 22, then drop all points into cave. By the time you're level 32, you'll have your 2nd AE dot (23 cave) and endurance 3 (22 aug). The skeletons in musp will be blue, and the spot available for farming. They will all remain green through level 41 (possibly 42, I didn't check), which means you'll still have a solid 9 levels to farm in the spot. Level Armorcraft to 750 (necessary to get high enough metalworking) and salvage any metal drops you get into the mithril/adamantium bars (1g and 1.5g per bar after making into hinges). The best drop is called Sleeves of the Dauntless which trinkets for 42 gold, the worst is a pair of gloves that trinkets for about 12 gold. I usually left musp carrying 1200 metal bars, netting me over a plat per trip. Either way is fine, but if you go cave first I suggest End 1 -> AOE DoT 1 -> End 2 -> AOE DoT 2 -> End 3 -> Full cave beyond that point. After you get 2nd DoT and end 3, you can also drop 9 points into mending for your end game spec (46 cave 26 aug 9 mend) since it gives you first friggs which reduces downtime between pulls.

Return to Shaman