Aoe camps lvl 20-40

Vkejai
Myrmidon

Postby Vkejai » Jan 03, 2018 04:09

Hi any advice on where to aoe dot some nice tight camps at lvl 20-30 please ?

Hekabe
Warder

Postby Hekabe » Jan 03, 2018 17:15

I am not an expert on this field, but to provide you with some answer:

Muspelheim skeletons seems to be your best bet. Idk on top of my head which lvl they are, but they also drop salvage loot.

Easy to pull and club, 3 spots close by, drop salvage loot.

Vkejai
Myrmidon

Postby Vkejai » Jan 03, 2018 22:52

Hi, thanks for reply, i will try them when I gain a few more levels. If anymore comes to mind please let me know. Cheers.

Hekabe
Warder

Postby Hekabe » Jan 04, 2018 11:58

Np,

how about bloodfelag camps near hugin? Again not sure which lvl they are.

Vkejai
Myrmidon

Postby Vkejai » Jan 04, 2018 17:59

Done those, they were good. Spent a few hours roaming but didnt find much better than askhiem and spuder and ants in Musp. Pity SI isnt available.

Zob
Myrmidon

Postby Zob » Jan 04, 2018 22:31

Once you get 36 aoedot, Varulvahmn main room is by far the best camp.

46+ would be Dodens Crabs

Vkejai
Myrmidon

Postby Vkejai » Jan 05, 2018 00:40

^^^ Thanks for that , are you able to kite at all in that dungeon then ?

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Apr 24, 2018 16:22

I have been doing musp skellies/ghouls since my shaman was 28. He is now 41 and still only killing mobs there. I habe made well over 40 plat from salvage loot, which i have used to template and level various crafters. I honestly think I wont level the shaman beyond 41 so i dont lose the valuable farming spot. If you get lucky, you can get 100g from a single pull.

Dmge
Myrmidon

Postby Dmge » Apr 30, 2018 11:51

Rendiviel wrote:I have been doing musp skellies/ghouls since my shaman was 28. He is now 41 and still only killing mobs there. I habe made well over 40 plat from salvage loot, which i have used to template and level various crafters. I honestly think I wont level the shaman beyond 41 so i dont lose the valuable farming spot. If you get lucky, you can get 100g from a single pull.

Dodens crabs are higher level so they surely give better returns for salvaging?

Also, does anyone know where is the best safe spot when Dodens is camped?

I am lvl 49 (46 augm spec) and I still need to farm to buy my template, I only have 2 plats. :/

Respeccing to cave:
Do you think it's worth to respec to 46 cave (last aoe dot) and 26 augm (blue dexagi), farm a lot and buy a respec stone later on to respec back to augm?

If anyone has a skill respec stone to sell please send me a message, I don't have other farming chars, I guess this is the only option for me.

Thanks!
Hlinn - Shaman 3L2

DEIRA - O: Killaloth - Bluntmaster 10L0 OFF

Past Shards:
Thidranki Classic: Troya - Nightshade 11L0; Troya - Healer 11L0
Ariadolis: Troya - Scout 10L8
Uthgard 1.0 - Hlin - Shammy 6L9

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Apr 30, 2018 14:45

Dmge wrote:
Rendiviel wrote:I have been doing musp skellies/ghouls since my shaman was 28. He is now 41 and still only killing mobs there. I habe made well over 40 plat from salvage loot, which i have used to template and level various crafters. I honestly think I wont level the shaman beyond 41 so i dont lose the valuable farming spot. If you get lucky, you can get 100g from a single pull.

Dodens crabs are higher level so they surely give better returns for salvaging?

Also, does anyone know where is the best safe spot when Dodens is camped?

I am lvl 49 (46 augm spec) and I still need to farm to buy my template, I only have 2 plats. :/

Respeccing to cave:
Do you think it's worth to respec to 46 cave (last aoe dot) and 26 augm (blue dexagi), farm a lot and buy a respec stone later on to respec back to augm?

If anyone has a skill respec stone to sell please send me a message, I don't have other farming chars, I guess this is the only option for me.

Thanks!

I've leveled a cave sham exclusively for farming and at level 41, I've made over 45 plat doing so. The end spec will be 46 cave 26 aug 9 mend. Ignore doden's, kill Habui in vanern for asterite salvage. Otherwise, spind is always a good bet. I make roughly 1p and hour on my level 41 shaman killing skellies and ghouls in musp.

Keoki
Warder

Postby Keoki » Apr 30, 2018 15:29

Rendiviel wrote:I've leveled a cave sham exclusively for farming and at level 41, I've made over 45 plat doing so. The end spec will be 46 cave 26 aug 9 mend. Ignore doden's, kill Habui in vanern for asterite salvage. Otherwise, spind is always a good bet. I make roughly 1p and hour on my level 41 shaman killing skellies and ghouls in musp.

How exactly did you or do you get into salvaging? Did you have to take up a certain skill to do it? And when you have, do you farm weapons or something, salvage them and then sell the salvaged items to merchants? I've never crafted or salvaged as you can tell in all these years. It's foreign to me.

Tulkar
Myrmidon

Postby Tulkar » May 01, 2018 16:31

42 - 50 pennie mountains near boldiam theres tons of tree's can easly be body pulled
No tears please, it's a waste of good suffering.

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » May 02, 2018 19:49

Keoki wrote:
Rendiviel wrote:I've leveled a cave sham exclusively for farming and at level 41, I've made over 45 plat doing so. The end spec will be 46 cave 26 aug 9 mend. Ignore doden's, kill Habui in vanern for asterite salvage. Otherwise, spind is always a good bet. I make roughly 1p and hour on my level 41 shaman killing skellies and ghouls in musp.

How exactly did you or do you get into salvaging? Did you have to take up a certain skill to do it? And when you have, do you farm weapons or something, salvage them and then sell the salvaged items to merchants? I've never crafted or salvaged as you can tell in all these years. It's foreign to me.

I had to level up my metalworking as a shaman, which meant I needed to be an armor crafter. I got my AC up to 750. Then, I went to an area where there are a lot of weapon and armor drops (skeletons and ghouls in muspelheim). Crafted weapons sell for about 1/3 to 1/2 their material value. Materials sell for 50% of their cost to purchase. However, if you make the raw materials into anything from a secondary trade skill (clothworking, metalworking, woodworking, etc.) it will sell at 98% of the cost of the materials. This means that it's more profitable to take a 2h sword you find, salvage it into however many metal bars it makes, and then make those metal bars into hinges/brackets through metalworking when you return to town. You can salvage without a forge, but can't make hinges without one. So when I farm, I usually stay in my spot until I have 1000+ metal bars. The bars from my spot are Mithril and Adamantium, meaning that they're worth about 1g per mithril bar and 1.4g per adamantium. Certain items salvage for more materials than others, but generally speaking weapons give the highest amount of material. I don't even bother carrying the cloth/wood drops, since it just takes up space and weight. My shaman is currently camped in Musp holding 300 adamantium and 1000 Mithril, which will net me just under 1.5p when I suicide to trinket them.

Keoki
Warder

Postby Keoki » May 03, 2018 15:45

Rendiviel wrote:
Keoki wrote:

I had to level up my metalworking as a shaman, which meant I needed to be an armor crafter. I got my AC up to 750. Then, I went to an area where there are a lot of weapon and armor drops (skeletons and ghouls in muspelheim). Crafted weapons sell for about 1/3 to 1/2 their material value. Materials sell for 50% of their cost to purchase. However, if you make the raw materials into anything from a secondary trade skill (clothworking, metalworking, woodworking, etc.) it will sell at 98% of the cost of the materials. This means that it's more profitable to take a 2h sword you find, salvage it into however many metal bars it makes, and then make those metal bars into hinges/brackets through metalworking when you return to town. You can salvage without a forge, but can't make hinges without one. So when I farm, I usually stay in my spot until I have 1000+ metal bars. The bars from my spot are Mithril and Adamantium, meaning that they're worth about 1g per mithril bar and 1.4g per adamantium. Certain items salvage for more materials than others, but generally speaking weapons give the highest amount of material. I don't even bother carrying the cloth/wood drops, since it just takes up space and weight. My shaman is currently camped in Musp holding 300 adamantium and 1000 Mithril, which will net me just under 1.5p when I suicide to trinket them.

Wow I never realized it was so worth it to get into salvaging and stuff. Great explanation too by the way. I appreciate it. That's something I'll have to start messing with from here on out. :D

Return to Shaman