Due Spec

Rinlian
Guardian

Postby Rinlian » Jan 02, 2018 04:58

Hello everyone! Was wondering if any vets could push me in the right direction for builds for my Shaman. I'm mainly going to be duoing casually with my husband who plays a Skald. So far we are getting along well with mainly aug and mend, but we are only level 9 so things can change a bit and I am unsure which way to head with my points. Eventually we hope to do some RvR, but mainly focused on PvE right now with our limited play time. I've been reading and saving some point specs from other postings on here, but msot seem to be geared towards strictly RvR.

Thank you in advance!

~Rin

:grin: :grin:

OGCFTW
Warder

Postby OGCFTW » Jan 02, 2018 08:58

Hey there!

Good on you for rocking the Skald/Shaman combo! I've played a ton of Shaman (including these 3 specs) throughout the years and I can definitely add some thoughts to your question. Since secondary-heal classes have pretty weak spec heals, I tend to stay away from anything above speccing for cure disease/poison. Here are my thoughts:

High Cave - Probably your best bet for PvE-centric spec. Maximizes shaman DPS, gets yellow endo so you can permasprint with LW1. My go-to Skald/Shaman duo spec. If you want to farm with AoE dots purely for PvE, you can go 46 Cave/28 Aug/4 Mend, and give up cure disease/poison.
41 Cave
32 Aug
14 Mend

Split Cave/Aug - sacrifices a little DPS but gets yellow specs all around. More group-friendly, but still requires everyone to have LW1.
37 Cave
38 Aug
9 Mend

High Aug - More geared to RvR. Purple endo and purple heat buff, definitely the most "group friendly", still gets you the 31 AOE root and 27 insta-pbaoe disease.
31 Cave
43 Aug
10 Mend

Hekabe
Warder

Postby Hekabe » Jan 02, 2018 12:20

For high AugSpec I would prefer

46 aug
27 cav
8 mend

it is def the most used spec here for sham - appart from cave sham.

With lower aug you miss out on the 46 str/con buff and exchange it for some dmg in your bolt and dd.

I agree, it might be an option for duo - though strictly for duo I would use one of the other specs.

But with that skill you can go duo and fg without a problem.

Rinlian
Guardian

Postby Rinlian » Jan 03, 2018 00:34

Awesome thank you guys!

Return to Shaman