Shaman AOE farming

Cir
Guardian

Postby Cir » Mar 07, 2017 18:40

Hey

Can a shaman DOT farm like a cabalist can? The damage of the spells should be identical, but is the shammy on another damage table or something? Is there some other thing that gets in the way, like lack of suitable camps of mobs maybe?

On paper it looks like a shammy should be a great aoe farmer. End for kiting, aoe dot with buffs for fast casting etc...

If it's a viable farm tactic, any tips on camps with blue-greens to a 50 where this would work?

Fensus
Warder

Postby Fensus » Mar 09, 2017 02:00

Yep, you thought right... Shams make great AOE farmers. Even better than most aoe farming classes, they get endo+aoe disease which makes kiting mobs super easy after they're aoed

The problem is that there aren't as many tightly packed camps in Mid as there are in alb/hib so you just don't have as much opportunity to make use of it.

Cir
Guardian

Postby Cir » Mar 09, 2017 18:18

Thanks for the reply!

Alright, i see. That's interesting, and a bit of a shame that such an effective technique is not feasible. Any tips on what camps could be farmed this way?

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Mar 09, 2017 18:38

Any area where mobs are aggressive or tightly packed can work. I used my cave shammy at level 18 (end 1 first AE DoT) in the northwest corner of west svealand to kill the bloodfelag wolfwarriors in the huts there, basically just DoT the one in the center and run. The best way to do it for blue/green is to body pull, for yellow/orange to DoT pull I've found.

Return to Shaman