Sword or Axe ?

Dearen
Warder

Postby Dearen » Aug 13, 2018 17:59

I'm new to SB .. so I would know what weapon is better ? Sword or Axe ?
Thank you

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Aug 14, 2018 17:38

Both are pure str weapons, so it's all about preference. Most go double axe, because you can make those sweet axe puns.

"Axe me about that solo kill"
"That infi Axed for it"
"Axe her? I barely know her!"
"I killed that SB. She had a nice axe"

baracked
Myrmidon

Postby baracked » Aug 18, 2018 20:34

I am axe but i use zero axe syles. The only styles I use from the left axe line is comeback + frosty glaze while using garrote and ah as anytime. If you are going to go shadowzerker which I dont recommend then I would go axe since sword doesnt have a anytime haste debuff. If you plan to go 5 spec like most sbs choose which one you like the look of best

Dearen
Warder

Postby Dearen » Aug 20, 2018 17:13

Ok .. thank you for answers

Tulkar
Myrmidon

Postby Tulkar » Mar 11, 2019 12:33

If you want a bette front load you go axe, axe can go up to 4.2 speed
combined with a 4.0 offhand hits like a truck.
Besides the axe line has a useful style called pillager 20 % haste debuff anytimer.

sword i could only go if you use faster weapons like 3.0 2.9 offhand or so + weapon swap
No tears please, it's a waste of good suffering.

Skurk
Myrmidon

Postby Skurk » Mar 12, 2019 09:25

Even with Axe spec i would still do weaponswaps since the dmg is just way too good to miss out on.

i only went sword spec since i had the 2hander from the dragon which is the slowest 2hander that an SB can get for that tasty PA!

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Mar 23, 2019 18:35

Skurk wrote:Even with Axe spec i would still do weaponswaps since the dmg is just way too good to miss out on.

i only went sword spec since i had the 2hander from the dragon which is the slowest 2hander that an SB can get for that tasty PA!

Can confirm. As a dead cloth wearer, I recommend listening to Skurk. Toughest SB I've fought. He probably had relic bonus, keep bonuses, and a crit... But one time he one shot PA'd me for 1337 damage through full buffs/max temp/+75 armor buff. When that didn't happen I was usually dead with a PA + CD.

Getting PAd by an axer I can survive more often than not. VS Skurk was basically impossible.

Return to Shadowblade