Crit blade spec

tvick
Warder

Postby tvick » Aug 12, 2017 21:08

hi i normally spec at rr5

Stealth 36 (i swear 51 stealth makes a difference)
39 LA
34 evenom
36 sword/axe
34 CS

but from what i have ready everyone is spec crit blade what is this spec and what do you use a 2h or 1h?

Synderen
Myrmidon

Postby Synderen » Aug 14, 2017 07:36

I am not sure if you are correct on the statement that everyone is Critblade, as i see alot of evade stuns out there, however at RR5 i would spec a Critblade like this:
35 stealth
35 Env
5 LA
39 Sword/axe
50 CS

Or

35 stealth
35 Env
13 LA
44 Sword/axe
44 CS

You only use a 2h for PA, as you will be evaded out of a 1v1 assasin fight if you use a 2h.

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Aug 14, 2017 14:53

I think a lot of sb are critblades until they reach rr5 and can go 5 spec like the one op listed. I think you'll want 35 + 15 envenom btw for lifebane.

m0e
Myrmidon

Postby m0e » Aug 15, 2017 15:06

Either you go for 47 env (last debuff poison) or 50 env (lifebane) but not 49 env like in your rr5 spec above.

These are the specs i would use.

RR4
37 Axe
28 LA
44 Crit
36 Stealth
33 Env

RR6
35 Axe
39 LA
39 Crit
35 Stealth (could be 34)
31 Env

RR8
33 Axe
39 LA
44 Crit
33 Stealth (could be 32)
29 Env

Btw, i would not use a 2hand at all because it will often put you into disadvantage and sometimes forcing you to waste your purge. What you want is a quick CD stun after 1.5 sec, so your enemy got less time to react (to stun, apply debuffs on you, or even qc mezz/stun you incase you use a 2hand). Incase you try to PA a speed class with BT up and you fail, you will want the offhand swing to break his speed, using 2hand would let him run at speed until the tick ends.

I also think damage wise a 2handed PA will only be superior if you oneshot your target.

Lets say your 1hand will perforate a target for 600 mainhand and 50-80 offhand dmg and you applied a str/con debuff (mh) and dot (offhand) thats an additional ~60 damage tick. So you hit the enemy for round about 710-740 dmg in total, your next swing will hit the enemy after 1.5 second delay.

If you perforate with 2hand, you may also want a str/con debuff on your weapon (also incase you fail to perform the PA) and you will maybe hit the target for lets say 800-900 dmg, your next hit will come with a 2.5-3 second delay.

By perforating with 1hand weapons you already perform the third style (stunning stab) of your PA combo while with 2hand perf you will be at the second style (creeping death) so you also lost nearly 1 weapon swing (would be ~250 damage MH+OH) due to longer delay with 2hand weapon.

So IF you need to perform a second style to kill your enemy, the 2hand PA will deal 800-900 damage while your 1hand PA+CD dealt 960-990 dmg in nearly the same time. Note, this is just an example and i know 2hand won't have twice the delay of 1hand weapons, so those numbers are not accurate.

Sure you can use the 2hand if you like to see some big numbers but i think in the end you will be better off using 1hand all the way.

tvick
Warder

Postby tvick » Aug 15, 2017 19:07

m0e wrote:Either you go for 47 env (last debuff poison) or 50 env (lifebane) but not 49 env like in your rr5 spec above.

Btw, i would not use a 2hand at all because it will often put you into disadvantage and sometimes forcing you to waste your purge. What you want is a quick CD stun after 1.5 sec, so your enemy got less time to react (to stun, apply debuffs on you, or even qc mezz/stun you incase you use a 2hand). Incase you try to PA a speed class with BT up and you fail, you will want the offhand swing to break his speed, using 2hand would let him run at speed until the tick ends.

I also think damage wise a 2handed PA will only be superior if you oneshot your target.

Lets say your 1hand will perforate a target for 600 mainhand and 50-80 offhand dmg and you applied a str/con debuff (mh) and dot (offhand) thats an additional ~60 damage tick. So you hit the enemy for round about 710-740 dmg in total, your next swing will hit the enemy after 1.5 second delay.

If you perforate with 2hand, you may also want a str/con debuff on your weapon (also incase you fail to perform the PA) and you will maybe hit the target for lets say 800-900 dmg, your next hit will come with a 2.5-3 second delay.

By perforating with 1hand weapons you already perform the third style (stunning stab) of your PA combo while with 2hand perf you will be at the second style (creeping death) so you also lost nearly 1 weapon swing (would be ~250 damage MH+OH) due to longer delay with 2hand weapon.

So IF you need to perform a second style to kill your enemy, the 2hand PA will deal 800-900 damage while your 1hand PA+CD dealt 960-990 dmg in nearly the same time. Note, this is just an example and i know 2hand won't have twice the delay of 1hand weapons, so those numbers are not accurate.

Sure you can use the 2hand if you like to see some big numbers but i think in the end you will be better off using 1hand all the way.

why not used 2h to PA then switch to 1h for CD?

tvick
Warder

Postby tvick » Aug 15, 2017 19:07

hehe also thank you guys for spec :grin:

tvick
Warder

Postby tvick » Aug 15, 2017 19:09

also forgot to say does it make a difference having 50 stealth or 51?? or is it in my head??? by my game play i have noticed a difference i see other stealther before they see me with 51 stealth

Geawiel
Warder

Postby Geawiel » Nov 02, 2017 00:19

I finally started to level my SB. How do you spec a crit blade as a fresh 50 that is sub rr5?

baracked
Myrmidon

Postby baracked » Nov 02, 2017 01:32

Geawiel wrote:I finally started to level my SB. How do you spec a crit blade as a fresh 50 that is sub rr5?
44 cs comp stealth comp weapon and if you want lifebane go comp env and put the rest in la

Spewy
Guardian

Postby Spewy » Nov 02, 2017 01:46

Before RR5 its better to full Critblade before 5spe or SZ?

baracked
Myrmidon

Postby baracked » Nov 02, 2017 07:00

Spewy wrote:Before RR5 its better to full Critblade before 5spe or SZ?
Ive done plenty of testing before and after respecs and here is the deal. Critblade anytime (garrote) does pretty much the same damage as shadowzerker anytime (doublefrost). Even at 39 la and 34 cs garrote and achillies heel does do a bit more damage than doublefrost hence why I never use doublefrost. So we have established each spec is close in anytime damage. Critblade can kill infils and nightshades in straight up fights without needing to pa. Hell I used a shield for a couple weeks just to f around and killed infils with a shield. Shadowblade is strong no matter what spec you go. So its up to you how you want to play. Do you want to be pressing more than 4 buttons during a fight or only 2? Shadowzerker is the simplest. The evade stun has won me a lot of close fights against high rr people so might aswell go 34 cs and 39 la to have the best of both worlds. I started out at 34 cs and 39la and have tried plenty of different specs since then but I have come full circle and have stuck with 39 la and 34cs. BTW There isn't a big difference between 34 and 44cs with garrote/achillies heel damage. Ive never lost a fight and thought "Oh I lost because I wasn't the right spec". However if you are gonna be one of those people that only rvrs in df go critblade coward

patouch
Myrmidon

Postby patouch » Nov 02, 2017 15:00

pretty much what baracked said:

Going low LA high CS: higher penalty on your DW base damage but higher style dmg from your CS line styles which have higher growth rates in the first place.

Going 39 LA 34 CS reduces the DW base dmg penalty with slightly lower CS styles dmg, which are still strong. It pretty much gives the same damage output as the critblade spec, but now you have a stun on evade chain. The difference of your PA damage won't be huge either, providing you can land it.

This is assuming you're using garrote/AH, which gives better utility than double frost anyway. DF should be kept for pve only or if you have some kind of disability that allows you to play with only 1 finger.

darksousou_
Myrmidon

Postby darksousou_ » Nov 03, 2017 12:03

baracked wrote:
Spewy wrote:Before RR5 its better to full Critblade before 5spe or SZ?
Ive done plenty of testing before and after respecs and here is the deal. Critblade anytime (garrote) does pretty much the same damage as shadowzerker anytime (doublefrost). Even at 39 la and 34 cs garrote and achillies heel does do a bit more damage than doublefrost hence why I never use doublefrost. So we have established each spec is close in anytime damage. Critblade can kill infils and nightshades in straight up fights without needing to pa. Hell I used a shield for a couple weeks just to f around and killed infils with a shield. Shadowblade is strong no matter what spec you go. So its up to you how you want to play. Do you want to be pressing more than 4 buttons during a fight or only 2? Shadowzerker is the simplest. The evade stun has won me a lot of close fights against high rr people so might aswell go 34 cs and 39 la to have the best of both worlds. I started out at 34 cs and 39la and have tried plenty of different specs since then but I have come full circle and have stuck with 39 la and 34cs. BTW There isn't a big difference between 34 and 44cs with garrote/achillies heel damage. Ive never lost a fight and thought "Oh I lost because I wasn't the right spec". However if you are gonna be one of those people that only rvrs in df go critblade coward

Thanks for your insight.

So for what you say

the spe: 39 LA - 34 CS/Sword is the most accurate one?

Did you test (or anyone tested) the diff between 50CS / 39 Sword & 44 CS/Swo?

I am wondering what I want to play - I know Evade stun is definitely usefull but It's good to know DPSwise what deal the most as well.

Forgot to Mention - I dont think it's good to use Double Frost due to high stamina, if the guy IP you are ******.

darksousou_
Myrmidon

Postby darksousou_ » Nov 03, 2017 12:06

Synderen wrote:I am not sure if you are correct on the statement that everyone is Critblade, as i see alot of evade stuns out there, however at RR5 i would spec a Critblade like this:
35 stealth
35 Env
5 LA
39 Sword/axe
50 CS

Or

35 stealth
35 Env
13 LA
44 Sword/axe
44 CS

You only use a 2h for PA, as you will be evaded out of a 1v1 assasin fight if you use a 2h.

did you test it ?:P what's ur feedback

darksousou_
Myrmidon

Postby darksousou_ » Nov 03, 2017 12:53

last question :p

I read (on this forum) based on the infamous Th0masdk:

He said 50 Sword / 39 CS / 0 LA will increased massively DPS.

Anyone tested?

I think that will cost me a lot in respe haha

Next

Return to Shadowblade