Kobold Shadowblade

Trip Fontaine
Guardian

Postby Trip Fontaine » Jun 16, 2017 23:58

Hello,

I am new to this server and I would like to play a Kobold SB.
I saw the below post about Kobold vs Norseman but I could not draw a conclusion from it.

Is there anyone playing thos class and race combo who could share his/her experience on this?

Mqny thanks
Trip

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Jun 17, 2017 00:34

Back in the day I remember reading one of Wyrd's posts regards the SB class.

For maximum bang-for-your-buck he stated it had to be Norse (there was quite a bit more detail in his post including a suggested spec) for optimum performance.

From what I remember he was considered quite the authority on DAOC game mechanics etc.

No doubt it will still be lurking on the internet somewhere, might be worth having a look for.

More dex / qui for a class that uses strength based weapons, don't see the point going kobbie. Yeah you might evade ever so slightly more, doubt it will make up for lower damage.

All the 'small' races in the game are in a similar situation, play them if you like the 'look' (ie: Luri Hero etc) but they are not the best min/max choice.

With all this being said, good players/gear/skill can make most things work.

Just my 2 cents.

Trip Fontaine
Guardian

Postby Trip Fontaine » Jun 17, 2017 08:23

Hi Morry1000,
thanks for your reply. This is unfortunately the answer I was hoping not to read ;)
I loved my koby back in the days.
At least you made things clear.

Trip.

Synderen
Myrmidon

Postby Synderen » Jun 19, 2017 14:08

I agree with Morry1000

A Norse is the way to go if you want to min/max your SB, however a kobold SB can still kill stuff, so if thats what you want to play i suggest you do so. Its not game breaking like picking a troll shaman or a dwarf zerker.. :hammer:

Hasbulat
Myrmidon

Postby Hasbulat » Jun 22, 2017 05:53

What about a staff sb using crit styles?
I made one for Thidrani long time ago and it was very funny and he did a significant damage.
I dont know how it looks with lvl 50.

Synderen
Myrmidon

Postby Synderen » Jun 22, 2017 09:31

Hasbulat wrote:What about a staff sb using crit styles?
I made one for Thidrani long time ago and it was very funny and he did a significant damage.
I dont know how it looks with lvl 50.

Since you cannot spec into Staff your Weaponskill will be hilariously low, as CS skill does not raise your WS = That is a very bad idea :wink:

Gian
Warder

Postby Gian » Feb 25, 2018 17:59

its still doable to CS enemies with a staff (perf especially)

but its more in line and preferable for Hib and Alb stealthers like Luris, Elves and Saracen because they got loads more dex than the usual Norseman. and also they cannot use spec 2h weap for PA like only MIdgard can.

but if you insist on using a staff as a mid just for lolz ? then go Kobby for the higher dex, play it like you want!

a templated kobold SB with high skill will be nothing to joke about, sure they get less str than a norse, but bucketloads more defence with their higher dex evade skill , good for pulling off those stuns.

I seen many kobby SBs on live back in the day and they did fine! (keep weapskill high, and put all your starting pts in str and con)

Elodus
Myrmidon

Postby Elodus » Mar 01, 2018 20:44

Gian wrote:its still doable to CS enemies with a staff (perf especially)

but its more in line and preferable for Hib and Alb stealthers like Luris, Elves and Saracen because they got loads more dex than the usual Norseman. and also they cannot use spec 2h weap for PA like only MIdgard can.

but if you insist on using a staff as a mid just for lolz ? then go Kobby for the higher dex, play it like you want!

a templated kobold SB with high skill will be nothing to joke about, sure they get less str than a norse, but bucketloads more defence with their higher dex evade skill , good for pulling off those stuns.

I seen many kobby SBs on live back in the day and they did fine! (keep weapskill high, and put all your starting pts in str and con)
20 dex is basically nothing for evade rates. You're going to be talking a fraction of a percent increase.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Motark - Runemaster
<Shocker>

Gian
Warder

Postby Gian » Mar 06, 2018 17:13

Sure, on paper, the stats favour the higher strength and con of the norseman
The only real reason to pick a kobby as a SB would be for its size, and looks! :)

Ive seen a quite few kobby skalds/SBs/ warriors running about , yes, some ppl wouldve told them to go Norse for higher str, and that still didnt stop them. (except classes which love the kobbys hi dex like bow specced hunters and thrust savages)

anways, play whatever race you like and have fun, once a character is geared and templated, and in the hands of an even slightly competent player, then the RPs and killings will come, no matter who or what race you pick.

there's another similar thread here.

https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=36143

Synderen
Myrmidon

Postby Synderen » Mar 14, 2018 11:49

Gian wrote:Sure, on paper, the stats favour the higher strength and con of the norseman
The only real reason to pick a kobby as a SB would be for its size, and looks! :)

Ive seen a quite few kobby skalds/SBs/ warriors running about , yes, some ppl wouldve told them to go Norse for higher str, and that still didnt stop them. (except classes which love the kobbys hi dex like bow specced hunters and thrust savages)

anways, play whatever race you like and have fun, once a character is geared and templated, and in the hands of an even slightly competent player, then the RPs and killings will come, no matter who or what race you pick.

there's another similar thread here.

https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=36143

As a sidenote i can inform you that ALL h2h weapons, slash as thrust, is based on 50/50 str/dex :)

aksta
Warder

Postby aksta » May 12, 2018 22:10

Trip Fontaine wrote:Hello,

I am new to this server and I would like to play a Kobold SB.
I saw the below post about Kobold vs Norseman but I could not draw a conclusion from it.

Is there anyone playing thos class and race combo who could share his/her experience on this?

Mqny thanks
Trip

i realize how long ago this was postted, but having the quickness benefits from a kobold might tip a battle in your favor more than having 20 more strenght, seeing how reactionairy styles work on uthgard, swing speed is pretty essential

Return to Shadowblade