Left Axe penalty explained

Mayuki
Warder

Postby Mayuki » Mar 27, 2017 17:51

Fiordiluna wrote:Moreover Mayuki, if you don't mind, i would like you to note what you wrote yourself, which was:
I took the anytimers of both speccs, and compared, which should be the logical thing to do. And while doing this, my mainhand damage was higher on the Crit specc, with only 1 in LA.

Forgive me, but this was written with hibernia or albion in mind. Like if we were talking about dualwield / celtic dual.
In these two cases, the offhand swing is some sort of a bonus damage, while in midgard you have to consider the offhand damage as the other half of your total damage output.

You say that you can do higher damage on mainhand while using garrote.
Let me throw down some 'invented' numbers.

You may hit for 150 mainhand garrote with 34CS + 1 LA spec, but your offhand in this same case would hit for .. dunno. 15. Total damage in this case would be 165.
BUT In the case of 34LA + 1 CS you would hit with doublefrost (lower growthrate) for 120 mainhand PLUS 60 offhand. Total damage in this case would be 180.
Again, invented numbers, but with the data above you should be able to calculate hypotetical numbers and prove yourself that even if CS styles have higher growth rates, neglecting the LA spec will lower the TOTAL damage output. Mainhand hits for higher damage, yes, but offhand hits for ridiculously low damage. And THIS IS THE DRAWBACK of midgard's LeftAxe.
This is NOT AlbDualwield, nor HibCelticDual. We mids cannot think of offhand as a 'damage bonus'.

Or, if you prefer, you could go 1h + small shield with NO leftaxe (or 2h), and you will deal 100% mainhand damage (if it's composite 50), taking every bit of advantage from CS styles growth rate (but then again you'd lose the offhand envenom chance AND inflicting the 50% evade penalty to the enemy thanks to your dual wielding).

No worries, can always quote.

Basically, I was here just referring to OPs statement that mainhand damage should be lower, but we talked about two different things here - misunderstanding already cleared.
Mayuki - Berserker
Veromos - Shadowblade

l00ri
Warder

Postby l00ri » Mar 29, 2017 19:20

Fiordiluna wrote:
Or, if you prefer, you could go 1h + small shield with NO leftaxe (or 2h), and you will deal 100% mainhand damage (if it's composite 50), taking every bit of advantage from CS styles growth rate (but then again you'd lose the offhand envenom chance AND inflicting the 50% evade penalty to the enemy thanks to your dual wielding).

Can you explain what you mean pls? I don't get it. :?
Zoreia, Tila, Mareia
< Barun >

Exercia Devoras
Myrmidon

Postby Exercia Devoras » Mar 29, 2017 22:38

l00ri wrote:

Which part exactly? :D
Exercia - RR11 - Shadowblade - Lyonesse/Midgard
Drexe - RR10 - Bonedancer - Lyonesse/Midgard
Drechse - RR9 - Valkyrie - Lyonesse/Midgard
Wummz - RR8 - Savage - Lyonesse/Midgard
Kalirien - RR7 - Hunter - Lyonesse/Midgard
Exercio - RR6 - Warlock - Lyonesse/Midgard
Gorbard - RR5 - Thane- Lyonesse/Midgard

Never forgotten and forever missed: Froedel - Buffbot Shaman - Lyonesse/Midgard

Fiordiluna
Myrmidon

Postby Fiordiluna » Mar 31, 2017 02:15

l00ri wrote:
Fiordiluna wrote:

My Jedi senses feel a trollish question...
But i like your avatar. She has two big beautyful eyes.

l00ri
Warder

Postby l00ri » Mar 31, 2017 10:19

I didn't really get it the first time reading the last part of your post, but I was just to dumb to read. :oops:
Zoreia, Tila, Mareia
< Barun >

Turano
Myrmidon

Postby Turano » Jul 27, 2017 18:49

A little question that I think fits here just fine: is there a cap to the base damage increase for left axe similar to the 65% swing chance cap for dual wield / celtic dual?

m0e
Myrmidon

Postby m0e » Aug 12, 2017 00:05

There is no 65% offhand swing cap for DW/CD. For example, a 50 DW/CD spec plus Dualist's Reflexes 5 at RR10 would result in 87,6% chance to swing your offhand.

Previous

Return to Shadowblade