Uthgard 2.0 low RR shadowblade specs

Exercia Devoras
Myrmidon

Postby Exercia Devoras » May 10, 2017 19:03

Grenouille wrote:Funny to watch your comments guys. Try to play without your charges, then come back and cry us a river :-P. Atm you walk toward a stealther, spam doublefrost and 5 shot them.

Doublefrost? hahaha no chance. High endu, low growthrate...everyone who does this has no clue about this class.
Exercia - RR11 - Shadowblade - Lyonesse/Midgard
Drexe - RR10 - Bonedancer - Lyonesse/Midgard
Drechse - RR9 - Valkyrie - Lyonesse/Midgard
Wummz - RR8 - Savage - Lyonesse/Midgard
Kalirien - RR7 - Hunter - Lyonesse/Midgard
Exercio - RR6 - Warlock - Lyonesse/Midgard
Gorbard - RR5 - Thane- Lyonesse/Midgard

Never forgotten and forever missed: Froedel - Buffbot Shaman - Lyonesse/Midgard

Ichindar
Warder

Postby Ichindar » May 11, 2017 07:39

Funny to watch your comments guys. Try to play without your charges, then come back and cry us a river :-P. Atm you walk toward a stealther, spam doublefrost and 5 shot them.

Lmao Grenouille. I have to tell you honestly, some of you guys are crying about those charges for days now and it's damn ridiculous. You tried to find a reason to justify the fact you die so much, but you should know this : some infils are dealing with it pretty good.

I've seen your post about our crazy S/C charge which is balanced by poison but ... damn we also have d/q red !
Let me tell you than not a single shadowblade use D/Q red, we only use S/C charge. And you know what ? you also have red charges on Albion, by at least 2 items you can get this d/q red buff. But let's push it more, did you EVEN ONCE thought about buffing yourself with your epik hauberk (nununu what is this ?? :gaga: :gaga: :gaga: ) ? Change your template which does not fit stealth war ? Use more pots ? Nope you're losing and crying.

Instead of complaining about ******, please think a bit.

Edit : average RA's ? both of us ? Damn saying Vanish is average compairs to our speed buff ... And don't forget the DragonFang :hammer:

Grenouille
Myrmidon

Postby Grenouille » May 11, 2017 09:28

Like the other guys said, our d/q charges are worth 50-100p on albion. I don't know what you're talking about talking about my template not fitting stealth wars, not sure you know what you're talking about either. Can't use AF charge atm, I'm already using 2 charges.

Vanish is crap really, probably better than your class RA but still it's bad. Using more pots is the only valid option, I'm already using 10 switch weapons.

Dragonfang is damn strong that's true, except it's purged 90% of the time. Sometimes you even lose fights vs buffed sbs even if it's not, I how you guys don't realize how strong sbs are right now. Probably thinking your good skills are the reason of your victories

Seb
Warder

Postby Seb » May 11, 2017 20:26

Keep in mind they've got 5 relics (i'm still doing reasonably fine though) before you cry about Str/Con charge being imba.

Also, being rr2 vs rr4 opposition usually doesnt't help. These things add up.

Played an infil on classic during this patch and always felt like king of the praerie till buffbots became a thing and shades starting having all kinds of funny buttons.

And about df being purged 90% of the time: my diamond back gets purged a lot too, still, it's a 30 min ra, no way in hell that it is up in 9 out of 10 fights, thats a bit of an exaggeration mate :hammer:
Neshi - Nightshade
Neshy - Minstrel

Ichindar
Warder

Postby Ichindar » May 12, 2017 08:19

But they have 1 str relic, we have 2. So we both have +10% physical damage, this is what matters right ? (Idk how mana relics affect dot and procs).

Grenouille, what i meant with the template that does not fit the best stealth war is : The hardest fight i had against infils here on uthgard were against Lunenoir, and Mordouce before she respec >> Shadow merc. I'm would say that 50 DW / 50 Thrust works great against SB, far better than the template most of you have now (this is the feeling i had fighting you guys).

What are the 2 charges you are already using ?

The point was, maybe you got something wrong and this is why those fight seem hard to you, maybe you have to reconsider some points before saying "this is broken".

Seb
Warder

Postby Seb » May 12, 2017 10:18

3 mage relics are nothing to scoff at imho, since dot damage is an important part in 1on1 situation. I'm not 100% certain whether they also affect procs (I think they do), so having 20% there is AT LEAST another 10% damage.

So given how many fights end with one guy being at 20% hp or so, this ****** definitely matters
Neshi - Nightshade
Neshy - Minstrel

Grenouille
Myrmidon

Postby Grenouille » May 12, 2017 15:00

So when you're talking about infis performing well against sbs you're talking about Mordouce and Lunenoire which are both 50 DW spec, meaning they had to skip perforate artery and creeping death and thus have 0 burst dmg, I'd feel gimped by doing that even if I respect their choice. Sbs can play shadowzerk with 34 CS tho :?

I'm using AF and dmg add charge.

And btw having 1 relic gives u 0 bonus, 2 is 10%, 3 is 20%. Mana relics affect Sbs dots and procs, but that's not the problem, even without that Sbs would be stronger. The only way I found is being prepared WAY MORE than they are

Kutsuu
Warder

Postby Kutsuu » May 15, 2017 14:54

Grenouille wrote:So when you're talking about infis performing well against sbs you're talking about Mordouce and Lunenoire which are both 50 DW spec, meaning they had to skip perforate artery and creeping death and thus have 0 burst dmg, I'd feel gimped by doing that even if I respect their choice. Sbs can play shadowzerk with 34 CS tho :?

I'm using AF and dmg add charge.

And btw having 1 relic gives u 0 bonus, 2 is 10%, 3 is 20%. Mana relics affect Sbs dots and procs, but that's not the problem, even without that Sbs would be stronger. The only way I found is being prepared WAY MORE than they are

You're complaining that you think SB is stronger than infiltrator at this patch level? The only case where I would agree with you is at high RR - it was always the case even at later patches (IMO) that at high ranks, RR9+ basically, SB pulls ahead of the other realm stealthers because they finally get enough spec points to have near 50 (or 50 at RR10) LA while still maintaining 34 CS and comp poison/stealth/weapon, and investment in duelist reflexes increases their base damage.

Still, I also think they're the weakest of the 3 at lower rank. And to call infiltrator weak is utterly ridiculous. Thrust is only 50% affected by str/con poison and dragonfang is at its peak power now with a 30 minute timer on purge. The only reason to feel weak against SBs is that they're resistant to thrust - if you really want to be a SB hunter maybe you should go composite slash and utilize your spec point advantage to the fullest.

Exercia Devoras
Myrmidon

Postby Exercia Devoras » May 16, 2017 17:08

Kutsuu wrote:You're complaining that you think SB is stronger than infiltrator at this patch level? The only case where I would agree with you is at high RR - it was always the case even at later patches (IMO) that at high ranks, RR9+ basically, SB pulls ahead of the other realm stealthers because they finally get enough spec points to have near 50 (or 50 at RR10) LA while still maintaining 34 CS and comp poison/stealth/weapon, and investment in duelist reflexes increases their base damage.

Still, I also think they're the weakest of the 3 at lower rank. And to call infiltrator weak is utterly ridiculous. Thrust is only 50% affected by str/con poison and dragonfang is at its peak power now with a 30 minute timer on purge. The only reason to feel weak against SBs is that they're resistant to thrust - if you really want to be a SB hunter maybe you should go composite slash and utilize your spec point advantage to the fullest.

So much truth and knowledge :) You know what you are talking about. I like that.

Grenouille
Myrmidon

Postby Grenouille » May 16, 2017 19:57

The problem isn't about the class, it's about the buffs. Without buffs infi would probably be stronger for sure. I'd love to see those shadowblade playing an inf and face a sb purging their stun, then get wrekt in 4 hits.

And no at higher RR NS are definetly stronger, they got avoid pain and viper which makes them really strong if they dump RAs.

Exercia Devoras
Myrmidon

Postby Exercia Devoras » May 17, 2017 18:33

Grenouille wrote:The problem isn't about the class, it's about the buffs. Without buffs infi would probably be stronger for sure. I'd love to see those shadowblade playing an inf and face a sb purging their stun, then get wrekt in 4 hits.

And no at higher RR NS are definetly stronger, they got avoid pain and viper which makes them really strong if they dump RAs.

1. Reroll on Briton
2. Spec wyrdspec Slash.
3. ????
4. Profit

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

Turano
Myrmidon

Postby Turano » May 17, 2017 23:28

It pretty much depends on what you want to do with your Infiltrator. If all you wanna do is killing SB's and Hunters, then by all means, reroll to Briton and do wyrd slash spec with 50 DW. What you will still be missing obviously is a str/con charge. What you would obviously gain is the 20% more damage versus mid leather and studded armor compared to thrust damage.
The Wyrdspec in and of itsself of course gains you a ton of skillpoints over 50 thrust Dragonfang specs which enables you to get both 50 DW and 34 CS.

So what do you loose just by specing slash?
1. you're more vulnerable to str/con debuff poison
2. you loose base damage (a lvl 50 Brit with no points spend on char creation has 75 str and 105 dex, a lvl 50 Sara 65 str and 125 dex)
3. no Dragonfang, obviously. yes it's purged often, yes it's 600-1000 skillpoints "wasted" depending on the RR, but it's still a 9 sec stun if not purged
4. you loose 10% more base damage against Rangers and Nightshades thanks to their armor being slash resistant
5. no str/con charge in Alb at all, dex/qui charges are at least existant

All that pretty much leaves you with 4 options away from the 39/44 CS 50 Thrust specs (which just doesn't work vs Shadowblades reliably on uthgard2)
1. 50 DW 50 Thrust - The classic Mercfiltrator - infight monster with Dragonfang but no utility other than that
2. 39/44 CS 51 composite Slash - Wyrdspec Slash Critfiltrator - will still suck i suppose
3. 50 DW 34+ CS (depending on RR) 51 Composite Slash - gained utility with the CS line but having all the disadvantages noted above
4. 50 DW 34+ CS (depending on RR) 51 Composite Thrust - yes, a Wyrd Thrustspec. Obviously loosing Dragonfang in favor of 50 DW, thus gaining damage.

I guess there is no ONE way to go, but the options are limited
The unequally distributed charges will stay a balancing problem until SI hits the Server in 2025 (you heard it here first!), so we will have to live with it

Previous

Return to Shadowblade