Uthgard 2.0 low RR shadowblade specs

th0msdk
Myrmidon

Postby th0msdk » Feb 02, 2017 11:40

Ilerget wrote:
th0msdk wrote:Nobody seem to understand we play 1.65, YOU DONT NEED LA on a critblade ffs.... Seriously i need to make a thread about this, before we get gimped trash sb's roaming RvR.....

SB Critblades were the dominating stealther in 1.65, of all 3 realms, for a reason...

Using 2H all the time?

No? Just for PA, or just with 1h, if you prefer that. CS line don't get any bonuses/penalty from LA in 1.65.

RR2 38/38/39/44
At RR5, my spec will be 35/35/39/48, same as every other sane SB. At RR6, maximum you'll have in LA is 4 points :)

Those who made, Shadowzerker/Soulblade, are only gimping themselves, and most don't care, they just want to play a different style or doesn't know any better. But like i said 1000 times, it still doesn't change the facts, that the Critblade build is the ultimate best till you're like RR8-10.

Honestly, if it was a PvP server, i wouldn't give advice, but since it's RvR, i just want my fellow stealthers to succeed better, other than that, i don't give a sheet. Take it or leave it.
Last edited by th0msdk on Feb 02, 2017 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 02, 2017 13:29

Do you mean that with low LA spec your dualwield damage is low only if you use LA styles?
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

th0msdk
Myrmidon

Postby th0msdk » Feb 02, 2017 13:48

Ilerget wrote:Do you mean that with low LA spec your dualwield damage is low only if you use LA styles?

I'm tired of explaining, i told the best spec now... Forget all about Left Axe, its a dead specline for proper RvR'ing sb's untill you're RR8+.

Use the styles from CS specline ONLY...

The only time you'll be using LA is from lvl 5-40, for grouping, then you respec out of it.

/TheEnd

deadlycupcakez
Guardian

Postby deadlycupcakez » Feb 02, 2017 21:09

Hey Thomas - I know you said you're done explaining but I was hoping you would try one more time (I did search for your posts but didn't see it answered). My thread in this forum asks about leveling up as SB - from what I've read into mechanics, both my main hand and Off hand damage will be significantly lower without LA spec.

I love the idea of crit speccing, so is what you're saying that:

high CS and no LA, you're normal attacks with a sword style would do 15 DMG but when using a CS style the LA penalty gets negated and you're doing 40 DMG?

Thank you again for continuing to explain!

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 02, 2017 21:23

for the answer I've got seems that having low LA spec only lowers the damage for styles in the LA line but not the styles in your weap line (sword/axe) or the styles in CS
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

th0msdk
Myrmidon

Postby th0msdk » Feb 02, 2017 23:25

Ilerget wrote:for the answer I've got seems that having low LA spec only lowers the damage for styles in the LA line but not the styles in your weap line (sword/axe) or the styles in CS

Your CS styles does not do less damage. It was not untill version 1.75+ or something(don't really remember), that you needed LA in order to maximize your damage output on SB's CS specline.

Also you don't get any to-hit penalty on your offhand, when using CS styles only, even if you got 0 points in LA.

I hope this clarifies it for everyone.
Last edited by th0msdk on Feb 04, 2017 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Feb 03, 2017 01:36

I"m spec'ing mine:
31 Envenom
36 Stealth
37 Axe
34 CS
39 LA

At rr5 i'll lower axe + stealth 1 pt and raise envenom, keep doing that every new Realm Rank until envenom hits 50 for lifebane.

deadlycupcakez
Guardian

Postby deadlycupcakez » Feb 03, 2017 02:12

So this article explaining Left Axe mechanics from patch 1.62 and how speccing in it directly impacts the penalty to damage is not accurate? (it wont let me post the link):

Google: talsyra tripod LA CD DW for the article

To sum it up, DW/CD does not swing every time and increasing DW/CD skill increases opportunity to swing. LA swings every single time and has an innate damage reduction to both main hand and LA (at 50 LA you swing for ~79% of your weapons potential).

The case you are making is that this damage reduction actually does not exist?

th0msdk
Myrmidon

Postby th0msdk » Feb 03, 2017 02:47

deadlycupcakez wrote:So this article explaining Left Axe mechanics from patch 1.62 and how speccing in it directly impacts the penalty to damage is not accurate? (it wont let me post the link):

To sum it up, DW/CD does not swing every time and increasing DW/CD skill increases opportunity to swing. LA swings every single time and has an innate damage reduction to both main hand and LA (at 50 LA you swing for ~79% of your weapons potential).

Offhand swings 100% when using CS on shadowblades in v1.65... Speccing LA, is not worth it compared to the extra damage you get from speccing 39cs 44-50 sword, on lower RR's.. END OF DISCUSSION.

Just do as you please.. Search my post, for my spec, if you don't like it. Go LA.

Honestly i don't get why people have a hard time understanding this.. I played SB for 10 years straight since beta, i tried every possible spec. Either you listen, or you don't.

Incredible, how misleading info can screw up entire SB community. I lose my sheet over such stuff.
Everytime i give tips, some tard who is stuck on Live patchnotes, ****** it up for everyone.

People think you need the LA evade stun, in order to be successful as SB... They're very wrong...
SB's got the most OP specline in 1.65 of every single melee class, you get CS which don't benefit/penalize from LA..
Not Nightshade nor Infils get this superpower... An Incredible amount of extra spec points to use on pure damage and utility.

Just look at isocleas2, giving a trash spec, without even knowing wtf he is talking about.

If you're in doubt, ask yourself why SB's got a nerf in later patches, so they needed to spec LA. And that was not until ToA arrived, ahead of uthgard current patch.
And i remember this, cause i logged in on Camlann pvp server, Stygian Delta zone in ToA, found out about the nerfs, and it was the worst day of my SB career.
Last edited by th0msdk on Feb 04, 2017 17:37, edited 2 times in total.

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Feb 03, 2017 17:01

th0msdk wrote:
deadlycupcakez wrote:So this article explaining Left Axe mechanics from patch 1.62 and how speccing in it directly impacts the penalty to damage is not accurate? (it wont let me post the link):

Offhand swings 100% when using CS on shadowblades in v1.65... Speccing LA, is not worth it compared to the extra damage you get from speccing 39cs 44-50 sword, on lower RR's.. END OF DISCUSSION.

Just do as you please.. Search my post, for my spec, if you don't like it. Go LA.

Honestly i don't get why people have a hard time understanding this.. I played SB for 10 years straight since beta, i tried every possible spec. Either you listen, or you don't, this is my final post on this matter.

Incredible, how misleading info can screw up entire SB community. I lose my sheet over such stuff.
Everytime i give tips, some tard who is stuck on Live patchnotes, ****** it up for everyone.

People think you need the LA evade stun, in order to be successful as SB... They're very wrong...
SB's got the most OP specline in 1.65 of every single melee class, you get CS which don't benefit/penalize from LA..
Not Nightshade nor Infils get this superpower... An Incredible amount of extra spec points to use on pure damage and utility.

Just look at isocleas2, giving a trash spec, without even knowing wtf he is talking about.

If you're in doubt, ask yourself why SB's got a nerf in later patches, so they needed to spec LA. And that was not until ToA arrived, ahead of uthgard current patch.
And i remember this, cause i logged in on Camlann pvp server, Stygian Delta zone in ToA, found out about the nerfs, and it was the worst day of my SB career...

Man people are tired of listening to your same pointless rants over and over again, do everyone a favor and /q this thread. I gave my opinion on a spec thats all, which btw I did quite well with on beta and will do so again. But hey you played SB for 10 years since beta so clearly you know everything :lol:

Dream on.

th0msdk
Myrmidon

Postby th0msdk » Feb 03, 2017 19:19

isocleas2 wrote:Man people are tired of listening to your same pointless rants over and over again, do everyone a favor and /q this thread. I gave my opinion on a spec thats all, which btw I did quite well with on beta and will do so again. But hey you played SB for 10 years since beta so clearly you know everything :lol:

Dream on.

Speak for yourself... Use your trash spec, i dont care :) - I obviously have more knowledge about SB, since people keep posting trash and misleading information.

You just show you have no clue about current patch, or how SB work...

udsevenzz
Warder

Postby udsevenzz » Feb 03, 2017 19:49

isocleas2 wrote:
Man people are tired of listening to your same pointless rants over and over again, do everyone a favor and /q this thread. I gave my opinion on a spec thats all, which btw I did quite well with on beta and will do so again. But hey you played SB for 10 years since beta so clearly you know everything :lol:

Dream on.

You got it backwards mate, we're tired of gimp specs like yours cluttering up this thread; go and be "quite good" kthxbai.

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Feb 03, 2017 21:28

Besides a couple of good infs landing dragonfang on me when my purge is down I never lost a fight against a stealther and rarely against a tank. But go ahead and pretend no other spec could possibly work I'll continue to get the kill spam when your one trick pony PA fails.

If I want advice on how best to create Fins drama I'll come to you Balthazar, until then I don't think you have anything to offer me.

th0msdk
Myrmidon

Postby th0msdk » Feb 03, 2017 22:20

isocleas2 wrote:Besides a couple of good infs landing dragonfang on me when my purge is down I never lost a fight against a stealther and rarely against a tank. But go ahead and pretend no other spec could possibly work I'll continue to get the kill spam when your one trick pony PA fails.

If I want advice on how best to create Fins drama I'll come to you Balthazar, until then I don't think you have anything to offer me.

What is your name ingame? Pretty much doubt you remember v1.65 or you're even 50 yet on uthgard 2, otherwise you wouldn't be spilling such bullshit on the SB forum.. It sounds to me like you compare Live patch spec to uthgard 2..

TreeHugginHibby
Warder

Postby TreeHugginHibby » Feb 04, 2017 00:52

Is it possible to still level if I was to swap to Critblade at 20?

18 CS
16 Sword
15 Poison

Is Garrote just super expensive to spam as an anytime?

I would normally group with friends, but in the case I have to solo are the CS styles just too expensive? My only options, since I won't have stealth until 48, would be Pincer (assuming I can get a side hit), Hamstring (on evade), and Garrote for anytime spammage.

It does seem like LA is the good way to level, but it seems more boring since you're basically a Vendoless Zerker.

PreviousNext

Return to Shadowblade