How's savage?

siccolein
Guardian

Postby siccolein » Mar 15, 2017 17:26

So seeing that Uthgard 2.0 is launched several weeks now, and I'm just about to start, I wanted to check how the status of savage is on this server. I really love savage and remember playing it in the past was a blast, it is just my favourite class in terms of style and gameplay (next to merc and warrior). Asking this because I am not yet over the whole class-decision phase yet, and I definitely don't want to play a DD which is later on just replaced by a Zerk anyway once everyone knows how the server and its mechanics work.

So currently I think about:
- Savage -> Play what I always played and liked
- Runemaster -> Play something new
- Warrior -> Play what I changed to after Savage nerf, also really liked it until BG was added to the game (on live servers)

Lawdawg
Warder

Postby Lawdawg » Mar 16, 2017 04:23

49 on mine. h2h Troll. straight damage dealer. doesnt tank very well (compared to warrior or thane), but hits like a truck, especially after level 40 ish. 2 hand may actually be better for leveling? but, the rear stun is really nice for xp groups as well (44 h2h get the 9 sec. side chain stun)

over all, i'm happy with it. Probably the worst choice in Mid if you want to do any solo.

Lumie
Warder

Postby Lumie » Mar 16, 2017 06:02

Doesn't tank very well? I tank PvE super easy. Savages aren't that tanky in PvP so much but in PvE they're pretty equal to warriors in terms of tankiness.

siccolein
Guardian

Postby siccolein » Mar 16, 2017 10:21

Lawdawg wrote:49 on mine. h2h Troll. straight damage dealer. doesnt tank very well (compared to warrior or thane), but hits like a truck, especially after level 40 ish. 2 hand may actually be better for leveling? but, the rear stun is really nice for xp groups as well (44 h2h get the 9 sec. side chain stun)

over all, i'm happy with it. Probably the worst choice in Mid if you want to do any solo.

I remember it was always a beast in PvE, a lot more tanky than zerks and a little more utility because of the stun, which is nice for exping. However my question aimed at RvR since I don't want to spend more time than I need to in PvE :grin:

Gunnora_Wulywyf
Warder

Postby Gunnora_Wulywyf » Jan 21, 2018 21:54

Lumie wrote:Doesn't tank very well? I tank PvE super easy. Savages aren't that tanky in PvP so much but in PvE they're pretty equal to warriors in terms of tankiness.

lol

Return to Savage