H2H weapon speeds

Flammablecamel
Guardian

Postby Flammablecamel » Feb 11, 2017 16:11

I believe the dual wield classes generally average their weapon speeds (when they both swing), so that if a say, zerker, is using a 4.0 mh and a 2.5 offhand, they would have a swing speed of 3.25. This made it beneficial to have a slow MH and fast offhand.

Do savages function in the same way, or is it a fixed attack speed based on the mainhand, and the offhand just happens to participate if it triggers?

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 11, 2017 17:23

h2h doesn't count as dual weap attack, counts as single hand attasck for this savage is blocked a lot attacking a guarded target
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Sakimoto
Myrmidon

Postby Sakimoto » Feb 11, 2017 17:42

Ilerget wrote:h2h doesn't count as dual weap attack, counts as single hand attasck for this savage is blocked a lot attacking a guarded target

This doesnt actually address anything that he asked about man.

To the OP. In late beta I started testing this myself. Wondering if the hand speed for main and offhand were averaged out like other DW mechanics in the game. A lot of the log parsers for DAoC are old and not all that good, but I did find overall swing speed differences when my Offhand and mainhand were different speeds compared to swinging the same speed claw in both hands. Seemed barely noticable but it was definitely there from what I tested.

In the end though after testing it for dps also, I still came down with the final impression of using 2 slow claws >> alternating claw speeds. It doesn't seem like the faster offclaw benefitted me nearly as much as both claws being slow in terms of raw dps over time.

I didnt test any further than that to get the exact details.

Return to Savage