Cast speed and dext

Hyunkx
Warder

Postby Hyunkx » Apr 16, 2017 19:13

hello gues i wonder what is the cast speed cap and dext cap on 2.0 uthgard ?

Miiyomo
Gryphon Knight

Postby Miiyomo » Apr 19, 2017 14:57

Hyunkx wrote:hello gues i wonder what is the cast speed cap and dext cap on 2.0 uthgard ?

Good question, any number passionate that is able to illuminate us?

However, good rule of thumb:
Get best buffs you can
Get Dex 3
Be Kobold
Enjoy Life Miiyomo.
-DAoC- BIT
-WoW- Rock n' LoL
-Warhammer Online- Warp Legio
-DiabloIII- BIT
-GW2- XxX

Erlexx
Myrmidon

Postby Erlexx » Apr 25, 2017 14:45

According to Blue in a post that I don't want to look for, there are no "caps" or breakpoints on Uthgard. Every 1 point of dex is .1% casting speed up til 200 dex, then every point is .05%.

So basically, more is better.

Also, assuming Blues math is correct, Master of Art is way way better than any level of Aug Dex.
Retired Professional Twitch Broadcaster
R5 RM Erlexy
R6 BD Bonerlex
R5 Druid Xelre
Currently Playing Caberlex

Miiyomo
Gryphon Knight

Postby Miiyomo » May 09, 2017 16:20

Erlexx wrote:According to Blue in a post that I don't want to look for, there are no "caps" or breakpoints on Uthgard. Every 1 point of dex is .1% casting speed up til 200 dex, then every point is .05%.

So basically, more is better.

Also, assuming Blues math is correct, Master of Art is way way better than any level of Aug Dex.

Do you know if MOArts considers the base dex or also the one derived from buffs ?
Enjoy Life Miiyomo.
-DAoC- BIT
-WoW- Rock n' LoL
-Warhammer Online- Warp Legio
-DiabloIII- BIT
-GW2- XxX

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Sep 14, 2017 13:57

Do i get this right???
lvl 50 Inconnu With 15 dex at creation=108 dex, 63 spec buff, 48 base buff and 75 from template thats a total of 296 dex.

1-200 = 200*0,1=20
200-296=96*0,05=4,8

a 50 baseline lifetap for a Cabalist is delved With 2,5s cast. (2,5*24,8)/100=0,62 aka i cap the 2,0 castspeed ???

If there is not a "cap" how do the MoA add to this. If MoA 3 i get 9% total 33,8 discont? and a lifetap takes 1,7 ???

I most have missunderstood someting for sure.

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Sep 16, 2017 02:11

Hyunkx wrote:hello gues i wonder what is the cast speed cap and dext cap on 2.0 uthgard ?
I have not done in-game testing myself on this subject, but many players have, and some important input can be found here. Essentially, it seems there is no hard cap on cast speed, as far as a regular player is concerned. Someone specifically tailoring their character to cast as fast as possible might find the cap at 40% of the spell's original cast speed, but it is not something anyone spec'd effectively for RvR needs to worry about.

Miiyomo wrote:However, good rule of thumb:
Get best buffs you can
Get Dex 3
Be Kobold
Getting any Aug Dex is a bad idea for casters. As you can see in the thread above, it is established that the "soft cap" for Dex is 250, and anything above that will raise your casting speed by only 1% every 20 points. Almost every caster will be well above 250 after buffs.

To put this in practical terms, getting Mastery of the Art V is more efficient, realm point for realm point, than getting even Aug Dex I (MoA V costs a total of 34 RPs for a 15% increase, which equals 2.27RPs per 1% increase. Aug Dex I costs 1 RP for a 0.3% increase, which equals 3.33RPs per 1% increase).

Miiyomo wrote:Do you know if MOArts considers the base dex or also the one derived from buffs ?
Even if it did, let's say you have MoA V, and Aug Dex I. On top of the 0.3% increase, you get 15% of 0.3, which brings it up to a total of 0.345%. Still not enough to make it anywhere near cost effective.

I hope this is helpful! High dexterity is still important to improving your cast speed, though it's role is a bit shadowed by Mastery of the Art, especially in the case of Aug Dex.

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Sep 16, 2017 07:48

15 dex @ creation is standard for most casters
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Return to Runemaster