dark RMs - any problems getting RvR grps?

Gameover
Guardian

Postby Gameover » Feb 24, 2017 17:30

I can't decide on my final RM spec. I want to go dark but from my experience so far (i have a 50 zerk) groups only want a supp RM for rvr - especially if you are running with a proper 8man.

rekro
Warder

Postby rekro » Feb 24, 2017 17:37

Dark rm with 10s pbt should be fine for 8 man. Good dd+dmg add &utility like pbt and small ns

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

Miiyomo
Gryphon Knight

Postby Miiyomo » Feb 27, 2017 17:53

Gameover wrote:I can't decide on my final RM spec. I want to go dark but from my experience so far (i have a 50 zerk) groups only want a supp RM for rvr - especially if you are running with a proper 8man.

I'm hearing stuff in this uth2 that are based on pure fantasy theorycrafting
IMO you should avoid those grups :)
Enjoy Life Miiyomo.
-DAoC- BIT
-WoW- Rock n' LoL
-Warhammer Online- Warp Legio
-DiabloIII- BIT
-GW2- XxX

tharid
Myrmidon

Postby tharid » Feb 27, 2017 18:23

Who in all worlds would take a Supp over a Dark RM? Even in spots where Supp RM is good (vs. heavy Alb/Hib caster groups), you'll most likely want to take a third healer instead.

Dark RM is in a good spot at the moment, at least in theory. I think we have to play far too reactionary right now, which is why I personally dislike playing caster in Mid (at least right now). That might change with running caster setups in a week or two.

Miiyomo
Gryphon Knight

Postby Miiyomo » Feb 28, 2017 12:54

My 2 cent

DARK only sensible spec for RVR 1L to 6L.
"Your hands shouldn't stop casting" cit. Nerobit

Suppression is something you might want to experiment after the 6L or 7L.
- Too mana costy without proper ra
- As the only mage in a group setup your role is to quickly burn down tanks out of position ( overextended ), of course after choosing your position to avoid being sharded in 1/2 sec
- Cleaning pets, you HAVE to oneshot cheap Theurgist pet. 2 casts are too much a waste of time and in supp spec you need RAs to 1shot them

RC LOVE IT !
But is situational if you have a Dark rm in assist and/or Dark SM
Enjoy Life Miiyomo.
-DAoC- BIT
-WoW- Rock n' LoL
-DiabloIII- BIT
-GW2- XxX

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Mar 13, 2017 04:14

I've heard this "everyone wants supp runies" thing multiple times on Uthgard and it's bewildering. My first 50 was a supp runie and absolutely *no one* played them at that time (SI days and later). It was very rare to find anything but a 47/26 dark runie. Supp runies have really good nearsight, but dark runies still have good nearsight. Supp has snare nukes but your group has to be build around that because root blocks snare, and if they're not built around it, the snare nuke is simply a really slow weak hitting nuke. Supp runies have PBT but so do dark. I dunno, I really like the utility of it and that it was different, but dark is simply way better for groups because it can hit like a truck and still gives the group probably its most important tool: nearsight.

(I imagined supp as a good solo RvR spec - nearsight + snare nuke means no one will ever touch you if you do it right - but it's still not a good solo class and every group I ever came across was more interested in the damage of dark.)
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

bm01
Gryphon Knight

Postby bm01 » Mar 20, 2017 08:20

I've actually never heard of any group looking for "pure" Suppression RM.

Miiyomo
Gryphon Knight

Postby Miiyomo » Mar 20, 2017 12:51

bm01 wrote:I've actually never heard of any group looking for "pure" Suppression RM.

you get easy access to diamond hulk farming groups tho :D
Enjoy Life Miiyomo.
-DAoC- BIT
-WoW- Rock n' LoL
-DiabloIII- BIT
-GW2- XxX

EvilAragorn
Warder

Postby EvilAragorn » Mar 23, 2017 06:08

After the hibs coming out party today I could see Sup rms making more sense.

tharid
Myrmidon

Postby tharid » Mar 23, 2017 11:51

EvilAragorn wrote:After the hibs coming out party today I could see Sup rms making more sense.

It made sense before aswell, since 70-80% of Alb/Hib 8s run with 2-3 or more casters, and that only increases with relics now. My favorite caster-group setup actually contains Supp RM together with RC RM, Dark RM and Dark BD. Against Mids, Nearsight is the most powerful CC tool on this patch level, and having a good Supp RM in your group guarantees that you at least will not have NS on your supports 100% of the time.

Return to Runemaster