Spec while XP

Thaevia
Warder

Postby Thaevia » Jan 10, 2017 17:29

Hello,

which Spec would work better, to XP with a Healer and Shaman together?

RC to kill monsters with Bolts or Dark for straight DD?
Does Supp gives me a strong DD too?

borog
Phoenix Knight

Postby borog » Jan 10, 2017 18:18

swings and roundabouts my friend.

Dark for more damage
RC does OK too

Supp is fun for the pbt and confusion spell.

you cant really go wrong with any of them... until you want to RVR, then you need to make a choice.

Equade
Gryphon Knight

Postby Equade » Jan 10, 2017 18:33

Spec RC to 20, speed around and bolt the killtasks then respec to supp at 20 to prepare for PBT and keep it going to 40 where you can respec again if you wish. I will down supp to 26 at level 40 and put rest in darkness for a final spec of 47 dark 26 supp

You're flying through levels with killtasks and bolts. It's wicked efficient - and you obviously have speed on top of that.
Uth1: Equade rr10 ranger, Fight rr7 sb, Sinwar rr6 thane
Genesis: Swift rr7 champ, Reaperinho rr6 vw, Sinwar rr5 eld
Uth2: NS, VW and Eld

Thaevia
Warder

Postby Thaevia » Jan 10, 2017 19:00

What kind of DD does Sup give me, compared to RC/Dark?

Cause I will xp most time with 2 friends (healer and shaman),
so the runemaster need max dps, and not max utility.

tharid
Myrmidon

Postby tharid » Jan 10, 2017 19:51

Thaevia wrote:What kind of DD does Sup give me, compared to RC/Dark?

Suppression gives a Snare DD.

Even with two supporters I'd go full Darkness. WIth Shaman and Healer you'll find groups in no time, and Darkness' Damage Add is what makes t he spec so much more valueable, especially at this stage of the game/server. Melees have ****** weapons, and DA will always do 25-50% of their damage.

You'll have no bolts, and no bubble, but right now it should be the best call to go Darkness. You still hit like a truck with your main DD and you are more versatile than the other two specs.

Plus, even Sham/Healer do decent damage in melee with DA!

randomeclipse
Warder

Postby randomeclipse » Jan 22, 2017 17:03

I am only level 10 at the moment, but am solely Darkness and have had zero issues finding groups and doing respectable damage.

Plus the damage add is always in demand, regardless of its potency.
| Runemaster |

Simimi
Warder

Postby Simimi » Jan 22, 2017 18:06

During xp time you will be in groups, and probably not the highest lvl in those group, so most of the time you will face purple mobs.
So what is the best, dark spells who will be resist most of the time, an add dmg that is fine but dont stack with the shaman AD, so its half the gain for a group, ou the bubble that works agains puple mobs and offer a speedier protection than the most speed reacting healer ?
I want to be a mage, a damage dealer, so RM is the natural choice, but its hard to go that way in xp time :(

Muggsi
Warder

Postby Muggsi » Jan 22, 2017 19:27

tharid wrote:
Thaevia wrote:What kind of DD does Sup give me, compared to RC/Dark?

Suppression gives a Snare DD.

Even with two supporters I'd go full Darkness. WIth Shaman and Healer you'll find groups in no time, and Darkness' Damage Add is what makes t he spec so much more valueable, especially at this stage of the game/server. Melees have ****** weapons, and DA will always do 25-50% of their damage.

You'll have no bolts, and no bubble, but right now it should be the best call to go Darkness. You still hit like a truck with your main DD and you are more versatile than the other two specs.

Plus, even Sham/Healer do decent damage in melee with DA!

This is a pretty solid approach in general. However, since you mention you will be playing with a Healer and Shaman all the time, kill tasks might not be the best option.

If you think it is going to just be the 3 of you playing in a group most of the time, then I would go Dark for max DD.

If you think you and your two friends are going to be looking to join 8-man XP groups most of the time, then Supp is the best bet, as red/purple mobs you will be fighting will resist most of your spells.

patouch
Myrmidon

Postby patouch » Feb 15, 2017 15:37

Simimi wrote:During xp time you will be in groups, and probably not the highest lvl in those group, so most of the time you will face purple mobs.
So what is the best, dark spells who will be resist most of the time, an add dmg that is fine but dont stack with the shaman AD, so its half the gain for a group, ou the bubble that works agains puple mobs and offer a speedier protection than the most speed reacting healer ?
I want to be a mage, a damage dealer, so RM is the natural choice, but its hard to go that way in xp time :(

even though the add dmg can be a tremendous addition to a melee group, most groups are looking for supp rm to compensate for poorly geared tanks.

Being lvl 26 dark at the moment, I totally feel the road to 40 is going to be solo.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 15, 2017 17:11

with supp spec if you put pbt and throw some bubbles to the targets with agro the healers can go afk
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

AngryShoe
Guardian

Postby AngryShoe » Feb 16, 2017 05:01

The unfortunate fact is unless you have pbt the VAST majority of pugs want nothing to do with you. I solo so much i really wanted to max dark to 47 so i opted not to use the respec at 40 to get 26 supp/rest dark that some people recommend. The times I have wanted to group its almost impossible to get one because everyone wants pbt. I've been in several groups where everyone was on point and we slaughtered stuff without pbt being necessary. The sad fact though is most of the time people all want pbt so half the group can be on afk auto pilot mode. So FWIW to anyone who reads this I'd highly recommend just getting pbt asap like most people recommend doing and cruising to 50 then just do whatever you want after.

astigo
Guardian

Postby astigo » Sep 10, 2017 15:31

I personally went solo RC spec to 20 doing kill tasks. Great money and I leveled faster than any group unless being Pled due to speed. Bolts would most the time 2 shot mobs unless they missed. Could also solo oj mobs. Respecced pure supp at 20 for group pb. Havnt had much luck getting groups but I'm sure that will change especially at 26. It does hurt losing bolts to a small hitting snare dd when your forced to solo.

Return to Runemaster