Dark Carver spec

Zebul1n
Warder

Postby Zebul1n » Aug 28, 2016 17:59

Hello guys,

i quickly tested darkcarver spec , it looks like very efficient on yellow/orange mos in PVE but couldn't test it in RvR as i couldnt find a group to roam with.
i went 48rc/22dark/11supp
Anyway i think i remember this spec has been nerfed as some point but can't remember if it's before 1.65 or after.
Do you think it's a viable spec ?

cougar
Warder

Postby cougar » Aug 28, 2016 21:15

iirc it works best when your paired with another RM (dark) or sm (dark)

uses a lot of pow

best at high RR (base nuke dmg will flux quite a bit with 22+11)

Zebul1n
Warder

Postby Zebul1n » Aug 28, 2016 21:55

cougar wrote:best at high RR (base nuke dmg will flux quite a bit with 22+11)

what i though also , but i tested in raumarik very quick , and as a result , after debuff is applied i was maxing out damage almost everytime , at least on yellows/orange

the RC bolt would do 700ish dmg , while the base dark nuke with debuff would hit for 600 .

Fiordiluna
Myrmidon

Postby Fiordiluna » Jan 13, 2017 23:06

cougar wrote:uses a lot of pow

THIS !!!!

and
cougar wrote:iirc it works best when your paired with another RM (dark) or SM (DARK)

Darkcarver debuffs darkness for the darkSM
DarkSM debuffs ENERGY for the RM
YAY DAMAGE!!!
(and dealing with power regen issues)

(little note: real high RR needed to lower the variance on baseline dark nuke for the darkcarver.. Mastery of Focus helped there, but it's new RA system. Therefore, if you really want a darkcarver duo, go with someone who can debuff energy (<-- the dark sm) and use your baseline RC DD and bolts)

Belga
Warder

Postby Belga » Feb 07, 2017 17:06

I played long time ago a darkcarver, It was really fun.
The carving nuke is good, when playing with other casters the debuff is Crazy!!!
And you still have bolt and carving aoe

For sure dark maybe be better, but darkcarver was a good spec
URKRAFT !

Exercia Devoras
Myrmidon

Postby Exercia Devoras » Apr 09, 2017 03:52

Just q quick question: Do i nedd +11 Runecarving in my sc as a Dark Caver with 48 in RC?
Exercia - RR11 - Shadowblade - Lyonesse/Midgard
Drexe - RR10 - Bonedancer - Lyonesse/Midgard
Drechse - RR9 - Valkyrie - Lyonesse/Midgard
Wummz - RR8 - Savage - Lyonesse/Midgard
Kalirien - RR7 - Hunter - Lyonesse/Midgard
Exercio - RR6 - Warlock - Lyonesse/Midgard
Gorbard - RR5 - Thane- Lyonesse/Midgard

Never forgotten and forever missed: Froedel - Buffbot Shaman - Lyonesse/Midgard

Fiordiluna
Myrmidon

Postby Fiordiluna » Apr 11, 2017 13:57

it helps, but it is much more needed the +11 in darkness, as a darkcarver
Of course, if both, even better !

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Apr 23, 2017 16:56

Belga wrote:I played long time ago a darkcarver, It was really fun.
The carving nuke is good, when playing with other casters the debuff is Crazy!!!
And you still have bolt and carving aoe

For sure dark maybe be better, but darkcarver was a good spec

I'd love to see Mid start running caster groups with darkcarvers. Practically every Mid caster uses a cold DD and 2 classes have spec cold DDs. A darkcarver could potentially be debuffing for 3 other casters besides itself at the same time. Enemies would melt so fast. I dunno why Mid is so obsessed with running full tank groups instead.
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

Fiordiluna
Myrmidon

Postby Fiordiluna » Apr 26, 2017 20:09

Power management.
And zerk mentality.
Me Hammah. Me squish lurikeens.

tharid
Myrmidon

Postby tharid » Apr 26, 2017 21:54

Fiordiluna wrote:Power management.
And zerk mentality.

Power management is the last of the main problems.

- Full caster setup means two Healers, and that is hard to play
- Full caster setup means only BD pets in comparison to Alb (five pets in caster setup) and Hib (four to five pets in caster setup)

These two main points cause weaknesses against pretty much every enemy setup and is only countered by stellar play and individual control. I talked so much about this topic because I played the setup quite a bit with at least ten of the Top 15 Runemasters on Mid.

It's not played because Tank/Hybrid setups are easy; it's not played because it is so hard to play. It's the hardest setup to pug, especially the Darkcarver needs to be very experienced. There are also no real set groups on Midgard, and if we had any, they would have a lot more success with a hybrid 1BD/3H setup.

Oh, and Dark SM literally sucks donkeyballs on 1.65, so these double debuff group fantasies may sound very neat, but they are not neat at all.
The only thing that they do is raw damage at high RRs; every other RM spec is superior to Dark SMs below RR6. You boys can dream about your setups all you want, but some people played it, and there is a reason that there's exactly one SM that is RR4+.

Ruckuz1983
Myrmidon

Postby Ruckuz1983 » Apr 27, 2017 08:33

tharid wrote:
Fiordiluna wrote:Power management.
And zerk mentality.

Power management is the last of the main problems.

- Full caster setup means two Healers, and that is hard to play
- Full caster setup means only BD pets in comparison to Alb (five pets in caster setup) and Hib (four to five pets in caster setup)

These two main points cause weaknesses against pretty much every enemy setup and is only countered by stellar play and individual control. I talked so much about this topic because I played the setup quite a bit with at least ten of the Top 15 Runemasters on Mid.

It's not played because Tank/Hybrid setups are easy; it's not played because it is so hard to play. It's the hardest setup to pug, especially the Darkcarver needs to be very experienced. There are also no real set groups on Midgard, and if we had any, they would have a lot more success with a hybrid 1BD/3H setup.

Oh, and Dark SM literally sucks donkeyballs on 1.65, so these double debuff group fantasies may sound very neat, but they are not neat at all.
The only thing that they do is raw damage at high RRs; every other RM spec is superior to Dark SMs below RR6. You boys can dream about your setups all you want, but some people played it, and there is a reason that there's exactly one SM that is RR4+.

I'm not sure why people are talking about double debuffing as a mid caster group. It has and will always be debuff cold. Dark SM is a dmg dealer/dex debuffer with weak pbaoe for pet clear. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by having a sm debuff energy. Its an extra cast time of not doing dps...at some point you need to just drop stuff, and debuffing for 1 caster doesn't make sense, debuffing for two + does.
Infection 50 Shaman
Alliant 50 Runemaster

Return to Runemaster