Specs? thoughts?

tamiko
Warder

Postby tamiko » Jun 22, 2016 15:48

Hey fellow RMs

ive been going over all the possible specs in my mind and i just can't decide on what i wanna do when the server comes out for real.

right now im 44 suppression 31 darkness for the dam add

but i wanna tell my self that the 31 dmg add isnt that needed and i should just go 50 supp for the better snare nuke and put the 19 into RC for the gtaoe (df stairs, this is amazing) not to mention the better variance on base bolt,

i like to solo, and when i do the 31 points into darkness does absolutely nothing for me, the higher snare nuke would be huge and i playd with /groundset + gtae macros since forever so im realy good at popping sneaks with it,

regardless of the dmg add, i still think ill get grouped cus of the red ns/pbt so what are ur thoughts??

other specs ive considered are...:
47rc 26supp
48rc (for red cold debuff, but dont have a set group/guild to play with enough to go for this spec, but the option is there)
49dark 12 supp 19rc

as i said above atm im 44supp/31dark and i like suppression, the dmg add is a big thing but i sooo do miss the 50 snare nuke =)
share ur specs, thoughts and opinions =)

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Jun 22, 2016 16:26

Funny thing is darkness was the only way to get into xp and RvR groups on Uthgard 1. Only one rm would be invited to a xp group for the DA back then. With OP LA and less useful skald I was expecting dark rms to be even more wanted. Now every single rm is 50 sup spec at rvr. I also hear that mids invite rms as support to xp groups and expect them to spam bladeturn on tanks lol. I'm not sure what happened but I guess many ''red pbt'' addicted albs and hibies migrated to mid and changed the meta.

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jun 22, 2016 19:03

Personally I like 47 dark, 26 supp.

You wont have the GTaoe that you mentioned but you will have a powerful spec nuke and still keep the level 26 pulsing BT. Also will have the blue NS which will still be pretty powerful at this patch level.

Sounds like you wanted to rely on RC a little more than you would with my suggested spec. But I would most likely play with my spec if I was to roll a RM here.

The snare from the supp line will still be decent but of course you wont use it as your main dmg line.

This is all group circumstantial of course and I saw that you said you liked to solo. Personally I wouldn't solo with a RM but only because I like to solo other classes more-so.. Each to there own. Perhaps the snare may be more beneficial to you than me and the GT also.

If you are set on your play style for the future then perhaps more Supp would be a good idea. Not sure if 44 would be the best way to go though. Maybe 41 would be enough with 35 in RC, or you could just go straight for 50 supp leaving 19/20 in RC for the first GT spell.

Think about what play style you want to be playing and pick I guess. My spec for grouping would be great though imo.

GL.HF
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

tamiko
Warder

Postby tamiko » Jun 24, 2016 20:01

imamizer wrote:Funny thing is darkness was the only way to get into xp and RvR groups on Uthgard 1. Only one rm would be invited to a xp group for the DA back then. With OP LA and less useful skald I was expecting dark rms to be even more wanted. Now every single rm is 50 sup spec at rvr. I also hear that mids invite rms as support to xp groups and expect them to spam bladeturn on tanks lol. I'm not sure what happened but I guess many ''red pbt'' addicted albs and hibies migrated to mid and changed the meta.

its not so much as hibs and albs migrated over :p but the current 'meta' is based off off people rolling on a server without any economy, crafters or a reliable source of items, and bladeturn is priceless when ur entire group is based off of trolki lvl 10 hammer and gray merchant gear, and the occasional armor drop here and there, not to mention u can do alot higher mobs alot earlier with the pbt, a 44+ group with red pbt could easily go chain pull hulks/knights/trees in raum, whereas without you'd have healers sitting between pulls.

i killed a rank 3 merc at lvl 41 with snare nukes, i solo on mentalist on live and i like the whole... controll the situation and i feel with supp thats deffinitely the tools you're getting, pbt doesnt do anything for me solo as im running speed then but its invaluable in groups, and the spec i am now (44supp/31dark) still offers a 7,8da which is about 2.1x better then shammy yellow one.

i have no doubt that unless you go full on casters with debuff train, 44+supp is must have,

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Jul 08, 2016 11:26

I will go 50 supp on my runie, but still have no idea which of the other two lines will take as secondary, most ppl I asked tell me to take darkness, but Ive been checking what both lines offer and I don't see the light yet :roll:
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jul 08, 2016 11:36

For RvR I really like 47 dark 26 supp. It gives you blue NS and the first pbt which is 10 second pulse. My opinion is that if you are running a mid tank train (which you definitely should be) with a runie then blue NS will be more than enough and a 10s pbt isn't even really necessary but still nice to have. You'll have some über damage too and a badass damage add.

For PvE and stuff then perhaps a higher supp spec. Not my forte though sorry.

Edit: sorry I didn't even realise that I already commented on this post before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 22, 2016 20:21

i am fairly new to mid, so how hard is it to level as runemaster? will there be a space for pvm and pvp group for him? he got the nearsight spell, so is he just being doing that all day long instead of doing damage? is he good for raids? i tested a runemaster yesterday and someone told me to specc on supp, not dark. :?

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Dec 22, 2016 20:48

CowwoC wrote:i am fairly new to mid, so how hard is it to level as runemaster? will there be a space for pvm and pvp group for him? he got the nearsight spell, so is he just being doing that all day long instead of doing damage? is he good for raids? i tested a runemaster yesterday and someone told me to specc on supp, not dark. :?

Supp RM is incredibly easy to level up as almost every group wants one, in RvR you'll be welcomed by most as well. Try going 47 dark // 26 supp if you want to have more offensive spells, 10s pbt + spammable group bubble + dark spec dmg add is still pretty good for pve too.

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 23, 2016 12:03

isocleas2 wrote:
CowwoC wrote:i am fairly new to mid, so how hard is it to level as runemaster? will there be a space for pvm and pvp group for him? he got the nearsight spell, so is he just being doing that all day long instead of doing damage? is he good for raids? i tested a runemaster yesterday and someone told me to specc on supp, not dark. :?

Supp RM is incredibly easy to level up as almost every group wants one, in RvR you'll be welcomed by most as well. Try going 47 dark // 26 supp if you want to have more offensive spells, 10s pbt + spammable group bubble + dark spec dmg add is still pretty good for pve too.

I was 47 dark and 26 supp, but like i mentioned before - as i was testing with my toon on the dummys, someone told me its better to skill supp, he did about 1k damage on the grey dummy, with the aeo spell(?). dunno where the damage was with single nuke on my toon, about 400+ i guess. the thing is, i realy dont want to be the ns bot and i guess the blue(?) ns spell isnt enough - at least the dummy(strange enough the dummy was orange for my runemaster, instead of yellow 8O) resited ns relatively often - for rvr and iam also concerned about pvm raids if i dont have the red bubble. :hammer:

udsevenzz
Warder

Postby udsevenzz » Jan 02, 2017 03:23

47 dark and 26 supp looks really nice for pvp later on, however it feels 50 supp will be preferrable at first.

Pbt will be a big deal for pve/pvp when everyone is using poor gear, especially in melee heavy midgard.

Guru
Warder

Postby Guru » Jan 02, 2017 14:02

CowwoC wrote:I was 47 dark and 26 supp, but like i mentioned before - as i was testing with my toon on the dummys, someone told me its better to skill supp, he did about 1k damage on the grey dummy, with the aeo spell(?). dunno where the damage was with single nuke on my toon, about 400+ i guess. the thing is, i realy dont want to be the ns bot and i guess the blue(?) ns spell isnt enough - at least the dummy(strange enough the dummy was orange for my runemaster, instead of yellow 8O) resited ns relatively often - for rvr and iam also concerned about pvm raids if i dont have the red bubble. :hammer:

All casters that are welcomed in standard rvr-groups have some sort of utility as their primary objective, whether it's mezzing (sorc), ns'ing (rm, eld, caba) or spamming pets (theurg). I dnt think you should worry about being a ns bot though. Will be nuking and rooting plenty on the side

Azoazial
Myrmidon

Postby Azoazial » Jan 02, 2017 14:07

barto22 wrote:Personally I like 47 dark, 26 supp.

You wont have the GTaoe that you mentioned but you will have a powerful spec nuke and still keep the level 26 pulsing BT. Also will have the blue NS which will still be pretty powerful at this patch level.

Sounds like you wanted to rely on RC a little more than you would with my suggested spec. But I would most likely play with my spec if I was to roll a RM here.

The snare from the supp line will still be decent but of course you wont use it as your main dmg line.

This is all group circumstantial of course and I saw that you said you liked to solo. Personally I wouldn't solo with a RM but only because I like to solo other classes more-so.. Each to there own. Perhaps the snare may be more beneficial to you than me and the GT also.

If you are set on your play style for the future then perhaps more Supp would be a good idea. Not sure if 44 would be the best way to go though. Maybe 41 would be enough with 35 in RC, or you could just go straight for 50 supp leaving 19/20 in RC for the first GT spell.

Think about what play style you want to be playing and pick I guess. My spec for grouping would be great though imo.

GL.HF

This is rare, but I have to agree with Barto22 on this..

47 dark - 26 supp is the best RM RvR spec, if ur a lone caster, in a tank grp, which most will be.
Tho the 44sup spec 31darkness will be most comon to begin with Id reckon.

Spec Supp for lvling, get a respec stone, and go dark for rvr.

Muggsi
Warder

Postby Muggsi » Jan 13, 2017 21:32

47 Dark / 26 Supp imho (my planned spec and what I ran in classic)
If you want to be a heavy nuker with some utility (dmg add, 10 sec PBT, blue NS). Debuff dark then nuke away with your dark spec DD drops people quick.

If you want to be a utility Runie with some mediocre nuking, spec high Supp.

PBT will not do much for your group against Hib caster groups. 6 sec PBT would be a higher priority if you were Alb or Hib going against Mid melee groups.

Having the best dmg add in the realm full of melee groups seems more useful than a little bit better NS.

And dark is easy leveling.

My 2 cents...

Snowalker
Myrmidon

Postby Snowalker » Jan 24, 2017 07:25

Muggsi wrote:PBT will not do much for your group against Hib caster groups. 6 sec PBT would be a higher priority if you were Alb or Hib going against Mid melee groups.

No offense .. but you really dont know much about runies ..

Supp spec its the prefect anti-caster runie . Solo or grouped .
Nearsight at 2300 range .. range from which they cant even bolt you .. and then nuke/snare = dead enemy caster ( root pet if they have one )

Now .. im not here to bash Muggsi but because im still undecided about my final spec

44/31 or 50/20

Is the 3 dps increase in DA worth losing damage and only have yellow single target and yellow aoe ?
Im inclined to say no but i want to hear what you guys think too .

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Jan 24, 2017 16:04

Snowalker wrote:
Muggsi wrote:PBT will not do much for your group against Hib caster groups. 6 sec PBT would be a higher priority if you were Alb or Hib going against Mid melee groups.

No offense .. but you really dont know much about runies ..

Supp spec its the prefect anti-caster runie . Solo or grouped .
Nearsight at 2300 range .. range from which they cant even bolt you .. and then nuke/snare = dead enemy caster ( root pet if they have one )

All ranks of NS has the same range. And he has a fair point on hib caster groups (you won't see them often thou). A caster group always kites and you can't simply spam dmg snare on kiting casters without getting CCed, interrupted, NSed or diseased.
Last edited by imamizer on Jan 25, 2017 23:21, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Runemaster