Specs? thoughts?

Simimi
Warder

Postby Simimi » Jan 24, 2017 21:55

If you cant spam dmg, may be bolts could be a good choice ?
2 bolts, average NS and BT, average AD, tri spec ?
I wana be a Midgard nuking wizard, not a cloth wearing shaman :?

tharid
Myrmidon

Postby tharid » Jan 25, 2017 12:19

That's why you play Darkness. You have the tools to both support and damage the enemy team heavily.

Muggsi
Warder

Postby Muggsi » Jan 31, 2017 03:38

Snowalker wrote:
Muggsi wrote:PBT will not do much for your group against Hib caster groups. 6 sec PBT would be a higher priority if you were Alb or Hib going against Mid melee groups.

No offense .. but you really dont know much about runies ..

Supp spec its the prefect anti-caster runie . Solo or grouped .
Nearsight at 2300 range .. range from which they cant even bolt you .. and then nuke/snare = dead enemy caster ( root pet if they have one )

Now .. im not here to bash Muggsi but because im still undecided about my final spec

44/31 or 50/20

Is the 3 dps increase in DA worth losing damage and only have yellow single target and yellow aoe ?
Im inclined to say no but i want to hear what you guys think too .

You are right, I only played a RM main in original. :roll:

I was talking about PBT specifically versus caster groups. And I like how you completely ignored my comment about speccing Supp if you want to be more of a utility RM versus a nuker.

Of course NS is important against caster groups and 47 dark 26 supp gives you blue NS. As the above poster mentioned, all NS ranks have the same range. The difference is how much range reduction it causes the enemy casters. In my experience as 47D/26S back in original, the blue NS was plenty to give your group the advantage.

IMHO

Durek
Warder

Postby Durek » Jun 28, 2017 10:11

Is the 47 Dark DD so powerful?
i meen, you don´t get any skill vom 40 to 47 in dark. And that only for one cast?
Would 40 Dark 36 Supp be a good spec? 8sec Bubble and the yellow NS jut lack a bit dmg with the dark DD.

tharid
Myrmidon

Postby tharid » Jun 29, 2017 13:15

30/36 has its place in hybrid setups with BD. However, playing as the only caster, especially without relics, 47/26 is still the way to go in the current meta.

buddhazeng
Warder

Postby buddhazeng » Jun 30, 2017 23:48

Durek wrote:Is the 47 Dark DD so powerful?
i meen, you don´t get any skill vom 40 to 47 in dark. And that only for one cast?
Would 40 Dark 36 Supp be a good spec? 8sec Bubble and the yellow NS jut lack a bit dmg with the dark DD.

im a fan of 47/26 but 40/36 is not bad but i would go 40 supp for the red ns and 36 dark
Buddhazeng

BobSauceJuicy
Warder

Postby BobSauceJuicy » Sep 05, 2017 12:47

I tried every spec and now I am 50 darkness and I don't regret it :D

The 10 sec pbt is worthless. You can die 2000 time in 10 sec.

The blue nearsight .. ugg. ( Seriously id rather nuke and root than nearsight . Green Nsight is enough .

The snare nuke in supp ?? With red pbt and red nearsight ... nuking ? :lol: Have fun being oop 90 % of the time. So no. If you're full supp. You're a bubble / Nsight bot.

Rune carving ? You do realize bolt has a 20 sec recast timer right right ? And half your bolt will miss, be absorbed or blocked. Right right ? Bolt are useless. They're only good if you're a fire wiz( Because spec nuke) . Don't get me started on the base rc nuke. It's so bad thats its existence is a crime. Look cool though. RC is good for one thing. Being annoying in keep defense.

Sure you have the 50% cold debuff if you spec 48 rc.. But thats all you gotta be. A debuff bot the few time you get a grp invite.

The true and only spec is 50 darkness. Sure go ahead and laugh at me.

You nuke hard and you have the 11.1 DA/ Everything else is a waste of your time ! go 50D or go home :D.

But seriously. being 50 darkness is not that bad. While you cast your nearsight and half of them are being resisted I already killed someone.

patouch
Myrmidon

Postby patouch » Sep 05, 2017 13:48

BobSauceJuicy wrote:I tried every spec and now I am 50 darkness and I don't regret it :D

Of course, the blue pbt won't save someone trying to escape a melee assist, but that chant puts an extra layer of protection once the casted bt pops and definitely saves time for your seers to react.

So you trade that group utility for what: 3 more points in your damage spec line and +2 dmg add on the melee train?
Also NS, even missed, does interrupt, and that's precious on midgard.

Previous

Return to Runemaster