RM Power !

Adaaom
Guardian

Postby Adaaom » Dec 23, 2015 12:12

Cant wait to RMing again on Uthgard !!!!

See yaa all ! :wall:

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Dec 23, 2015 16:08

[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

boborg
Warder

Postby boborg » May 10, 2016 00:08

I read on uthgard's forum that bolts are bug and miss most of the time when the target is in a melee combat with an another char. That's why runecarving specc was not popular on uthgard 1.0 .
But according to dev, no proof of bugs have been given yet.
someone made tests on the current beta?
Thx

Capass7x1
Myrmidon

Postby Capass7x1 » May 11, 2016 22:33

boborg wrote:I read on uthgard's forum that bolts are bug and miss most of the time when the target is in a melee combat with an another char. That's why runecarving specc was not popular on uthgard 1.0 .
Thx

From what I remember, bolts were never supposed to hit a target engaged in melee

loopz
Warder

Postby loopz » May 12, 2016 06:31

Capass7x1 wrote:
boborg wrote:I read on uthgard's forum that bolts are bug and miss most of the time when the target is in a melee combat with an another char. That's why runecarving specc was not popular on uthgard 1.0 .
Thx

From what I remember, bolts were never supposed to hit a target engaged in melee

That's right, I played daoc until toa came out, and bolt did not hit a target engaged in melee. It systematically missed. So we can consider it as a normal behavior.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » May 12, 2016 06:33

loopz wrote:
Capass7x1 wrote:
Thx

That's right, I played daoc until toa came out, and bolt did not hit a target engaged in melee. It systematically missed. So we can consider it as a normal behavior.

bolt can miss and be blocked. but that has nothing to do with beeing in combat.

loopz
Warder

Postby loopz » May 12, 2016 07:24

pweet wrote:
loopz wrote:
Capass7x1 wrote:[quote="boborg"]I read on uthgard's forum that bolts are bug and miss most of the time when the target is in a melee combat with an another char. That's why runecarving specc was not popular on uthgard 1.0 .
Thx

bolt can miss and be blocked. but that has nothing to do with beeing in combat.[/quote]

Thought it had way more chance to miss when the target is in combat... Well that was about 15 years ago hard to remember accurately!
Anyway I think I've never seen a blocked bolt.. Or the combat log does not tell us everything

Llaw
Gryphon Knight

Postby Llaw » May 12, 2016 08:27

loopz wrote:
pweet wrote:
loopz wrote:[quote="Capass7x1"][quote="boborg"]I read on uthgard's forum that bolts are bug and miss most of the time when the target is in a melee combat with an another char. That's why runecarving specc was not popular on uthgard 1.0 .
Thx

bolt can miss and be blocked. but that has nothing to do with beeing in combat.[/quote]

Thought it had way more chance to miss when the target is in combat... Well that was about 15 years ago hard to remember accurately!
Anyway I think I've never seen a blocked bolt.. Or the combat log does not tell us everything[/quote]
You could definitely block bolts. Engage was the ****** vs bolts.
Siege - Warrior
Envoy - Bard
Aegis - Blademaster
Ethical - Mentalist

boborg
Warder

Postby boborg » May 12, 2016 20:45

I dont know how we can test that during the beta. And if its confirm that bolts Miss on engagéd target, dev wont do anything because this problem was already there at 1.65? I am not going to try runecarving specc after the release

Kaozium
Myrmidon

Postby Kaozium » Jun 20, 2016 01:33

I also remember bolts to systematically miss on a melee engaged target :/
Darkness ftw anyway! :o)

amiga1200
Warder

Postby amiga1200 » Jun 20, 2016 12:06

Kaozium wrote:I also remember bolts to systematically miss on a melee engaged target :/
Darkness ftw anyway! :o)

So darkness is fotm? I am RC at the moment and like it. But iirc xp groups wanted pbt back in the days so that means full sup to 50? What are you guys specing to get groups? Soloing is ZZZzzz....

OGCFTW
Warder

Postby OGCFTW » Jun 20, 2016 20:53

Yay Runies!

Is Suppression the most popular/preferred group leveling spec? Seems like AOE DD/Snare would be a great help with AOE groups, and obviously PBT.

tamiko
Warder

Postby tamiko » Jul 08, 2016 08:33

most group orientated spec i found was 44supp/31darkness youll end up with a 7+ DA which is still twice as good as the shamans,

randomeclipse
Warder

Postby randomeclipse » Feb 07, 2017 23:48

All aboard the Runie train! :hammer:
| Runemaster |

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Feb 08, 2017 21:37

I played a Runemaster back in the SI days. I'm almost positive that bolts were intentionally affected by being in combat, just like archer crit shots.
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

Next

Return to Runemaster