A few questions about hunters

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Dec 03, 2019 20:37

I had a hunter alt a long time ago on Bors server...really fun stuff.

I'm curious how pet mechanics work here....minstrel and ment both can get themselves out of a lot of CC with releasing their charmed pets, is that also something the hunter can do? Even if both the pet and character are mezzed, is it possible to release the pet and then get effectively demezzed yourself?

And then as well, it's possible to stealth while you have a pet charmed right? And can the pet attack something without that destealthing the hunter?

And...what happens if you have a charmed pet, and use the insta summon? Does that effectively release the charmed pet? or does the wolf not come out?

Is there a range of the charm working? Or is it like the sorc charm where the pet can be a long ways away and still function?

If all that stuff "works" (or is broken...depending who you ask!) my last question would be...would the original charmed pet have mezz/root immunity if for example:

Hunter & charmed pet get AoE mezzed
Hunter releases charmed pet (or just summons wolf?) charmed pet becomes demezzed and aggro hunter.
(Summon wolf)
Wolf attacks old charmed pet, to free up hunter
-at this point, does the original charmed pet now have immunity to the original CC?-

Seems strong if then you can send your wolf to attack somebody, while the original charmed mob is keeping your wolf un-cc-able...

I've been meaning to make a lvl 5 hunter and test this stuff for about two years now...figured I should just ask :lol:
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Dec 05, 2019 12:51

Grahmdal wrote:I had a hunter alt a long time ago on Bors server...really fun stuff.

I'm curious how pet mechanics work here....minstrel and ment both can get themselves out of a lot of CC with releasing their charmed pets, is that also something the hunter can do? Even if both the pet and character are mezzed, is it possible to release the pet and then get effectively demezzed yourself?

And then as well, it's possible to stealth while you have a pet charmed right? And can the pet attack something without that destealthing the hunter?

And...what happens if you have a charmed pet, and use the insta summon? Does that effectively release the charmed pet? or does the wolf not come out?

Is there a range of the charm working? Or is it like the sorc charm where the pet can be a long ways away and still function?

If all that stuff "works" (or is broken...depending who you ask!) my last question would be...would the original charmed pet have mezz/root immunity if for example:

Hunter & charmed pet get AoE mezzed
Hunter releases charmed pet (or just summons wolf?) charmed pet becomes demezzed and aggro hunter.
(Summon wolf)
Wolf attacks old charmed pet, to free up hunter
-at this point, does the original charmed pet now have immunity to the original CC?-

Seems strong if then you can send your wolf to attack somebody, while the original charmed mob is keeping your wolf un-cc-able...

I've been meaning to make a lvl 5 hunter and test this stuff for about two years now...figured I should just ask :lol:

Hunter charm works like the sorc charm, it's not a pulsing effect like minstrel's. Also, you can't have 2 pets up at the same time. Hunter is garbage on this patch level, due to 1.65 and idiotic old RAs and is probably even more gimped than other archers, because midgard doesn't get really slow bows and overall dmg is ****** than scout or ranger. Courtesy of Blue the genius. You basically need rr7 or so to be somewhat ok in fights against assassins if you go for a hybrid spec. And well, if you're fighting an assassin of a similar rank, it won't help you much. Evade 2 - same as Bard...L O L. No physical defence, idiotic prerequisites for abilities that are essential to you etc.

However, since the only action these days is keep action, if you have a shaman buddy you can group with inside a keep so you can disease and kill cabby pets that aggro you, you might have some fun against small groups who are taking keeps if you go full sniper spec.
It is what it is.

Return to Hunter