Pros and cons of going 50 bow.

Aaryn
Warder

Postby Aaryn » Mar 16, 2017 01:22

Hi guys, be to daoc but getting close inn level where I have to start worrying about end game spec. I hear that bow damage will ever only do 75 percent of level and 50 points inn bow is a waste. But occasions see some are doing it. Please discuss the pros and cons.

tivook
Warder

Postby tivook » Mar 16, 2017 09:57

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again, afaik the damage / weapon skill gain from acquiring a point over 50 in anything gives you almost nothing.

Going 50 in anything is useless unless you get a really good style from it, 50 spear for example is something that I wouldn't ever do.

I remember getting a new realm rank on my skald on which I had 50 sword, I believe the damage cap was increased by 3 damage.

I believe 40 bow is enough, get the rest from + composite to get the most out of it.

Laberintica
Warder

Postby Laberintica » Mar 17, 2017 01:34

tivook wrote:Well I've said it before and I'll say it again, afaik the damage / weapon skill gain from acquiring a point over 50 in anything gives you almost nothing.

Going 50 in anything is useless unless you get a really good style from it, 50 spear for example is something that I wouldn't ever do.

I remember getting a new realm rank on my skald on which I had 50 sword, I believe the damage cap was increased by 3 damage.

I believe 40 bow is enough, get the rest from + composite to get the most out of it.

So much misinformation here:

2h weapons benefit from going over 50 + spec line, they gain a damage bonus and ws; While scouts and rangers as they gain ranks they will lower and lower their 1h weapon spec line points to free up points, hunters unfortunately have to raise it to gain their 2h damage bonus on swords or spears.

Going 50 bow you gain more WS and damage (but very little); some people say its not worth it due to the amount of spec points that are needed to invest into it.

But if you're playing a sniper and set up yourself for maximum bow damage 45-50 bow is where you want to be at the cost of giving up other lines; However, I think the strength of the current Hunters (RIP elder hunters avatar) is being a hybrid and being able to do a bit of everything well.

tivook
Warder

Postby tivook » Mar 23, 2017 18:23

Laberintica wrote:
tivook wrote:Well I've said it before and I'll say it again, afaik the damage / weapon skill gain from acquiring a point over 50 in anything gives you almost nothing.

So much misinformation here:

2h weapons benefit from going over 50 + spec line, they gain a damage bonus and ws; While scouts and rangers as they gain ranks they will lower and lower their 1h weapon spec line points to free up points, hunters unfortunately have to raise it to gain their 2h damage bonus on swords or spears.

Going 50 bow you gain more WS and damage (but very little); some people say its not worth it due to the amount of spec points that are needed to invest into it.

But if you're playing a sniper and set up yourself for maximum bow damage 45-50 bow is where you want to be at the cost of giving up other lines; However, I think the strength of the current Hunters (RIP elder hunters avatar) is being a hybrid and being able to do a bit of everything well.

Misinformation? I'd say your reading skills are poor because you just confirmed what I originally wrote which is that any point above 50 in anything gives you almost nothing.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Fiordiluna
Myrmidon

Postby Fiordiluna » Mar 25, 2017 16:23

Pro and con of going 50 bow?

pro: you can be a somewhat efficient sniper, considering that midgard bow has the lowest damage and lowest range compared to the other realms. Nonetheless, you can be a somewhat efficient sniper.

con: you lack everything else, and i mean it

Muggsi
Warder

Postby Muggsi » Apr 04, 2017 22:50

I started heavy bow on my hunter but the reality is the current state of RVR is not very conducive to a sniper spec. There is little to no keep siege, little to no soloing in RVR so the chance of finding someone to snipe before you get ganked by someone else is slim. Sniping spec versus most stealthers is useless, except for maybe once every 30 minutes if you pop True Sight and find a stealther at range enough to put several arrows into them before they close on you.

You are far more useful and viable, imho, with a more balanced spec giving you enough spear damage to atleast be somewhat competitive in melee fights which you will find more often than ranged.

I respecced to:

34 beast (best doggie)
39 stealth
39 spear (5s back stun)
40 bow

I feel much more effective both solo and on the odd chance that I run with a group in RVR.

Return to Hunter