Hunters Be Warned:

Pop
Myrmidon

Postby Pop » Jan 15, 2017 21:21

I've got 3 level 10's now (well 2 technically). I feel like you don't really know how a class plays until you get it to level 10 and that takes a while...

1st char = Minstrel, wanted an op class but honestly just didn't like the play style
2nd char = SM Supp, again wanted to be op, tried it out, and while i LOVED the damage of the pbaoe, I HATED having to be in melee range to pull it off. I didn't know what "pb" was in the pbaoe...

So I said screw it, I'm just going to play for fun, not be hardcore. What was my favorite play style in Skyrim? = Archer. I didn't wanna delete another char just to switch realms so I rolled a Hunter and man I LOVE HUNTER! Soooooo Much fun and sooo me. And Yes i read all of the warning signs = ALL OF THEM.

Now my hunter is level 12 and as I was grouping I started more and more to realize and to obsess about how under-powered they are; Gimp might be a better word. My SM was doing 60 INSTANT damage AoE (at level 8) but my hunter is only doing 10-15 (20 if i'm lucky) damage per mob and some mobs die before i can even get a shot off...

I was in a group last night and I honestly felt bad because I wasn't hitting anything and when I did hit it it was for 10 maybe 15 and was only once per mob something nothing (total miss). I backed off and watched everybody else mow the mobs down without me and was like crap... This class is useless. I "Aquired" 10 gold, I have all the best obtainable gear and weapons and arrows but holy cow = gimp.. Idk if i've ever played such a underpowered class in any game. I mean in EQ, yes the Ranger was meh but this hunter is meeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

HulkGris
Phoenix Knight

Postby HulkGris » Jan 15, 2017 21:46

Spec ? Race ? Maybe you did something wrong.
RIP : Ectoplasme
My own version of Uthgard Character Builder

JeremiahN
Warder

Postby JeremiahN » Jan 15, 2017 22:16

Pop wrote:My SM was doing 60 INSTANT damage AoE

No, it wasn't. Soul Dissipation, level 8 "op" Supp spell, has a cast time of 2.5 seconds, which is interruptible. Not instant. Well, you can Quickcast it, but you better kill the target because after that you're dead meat, otherwise.

but my hunter is only doing 10-15 ... and some mobs die before i can even get a shot off

You can do that damage at range with bow; don't have to be in their face with an interruptible spell. Look, the bow is too slow to be of any use in typical group PvE scenarios. What I do in groups is use my spear to add DPS to whatever is being targeted, and to keep an eye on adds, using my pet or spear to keep them off healers.

This class is useless...Idk if i've ever played such a underpowered class in any game.

Ahh now this is really like the old VNBoards! Useless--no. Hunters are Midgard's scouts in the frontier. Sure they are not the key to a successful pve xp group. But the appeal of Hunters is their versatility. They have stealth, ranged attack, good melee dmg, a pet, and even a speed shout. So, lots of tools and can solo, even in the frontier. But like any jack-of-all-trades class, it cannot excel at them, it is mediocre at them. So, key to success as a Hunter is being clever, choosing the right tool for the particular opponent (selecting thrust arrows vs chain armor for example.) It is definitely an underdog class, though, which also has appeal to some.
Last edited by JeremiahN on Feb 03, 2017 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
---> Shifa Sharp
Spitzboop Snicklefritz
Merchant Adventurers Company

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Jan 15, 2017 22:46

Just some questions:

Weapon used? Quality of the weapon?

Gear? Stats on gear? Stats on char at all?

You are most likely in CRAP gear with a CRAP weapon. So you get only CRAP.
Albion Forever!

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Feb 02, 2017 21:51

There are some concerns archery damage in general might be off. I just submitted an Issue Tracker item. More evidence/comments would always be nice. Maybe we can get dev to at least take a look at the formulas to make sure they are working as intended (maybe they are but would be nice to at least get confirmation).

Stoertebeker
Eagle Knight

Postby Stoertebeker » Feb 03, 2017 11:28

I`m fine with my Hunter (atm lvl 32).
Played one on Dartmoor and on Gareth and i don`t see much difference.

Good gear/spec and some knowledge which mobs to hunt is a big advantage. :)

bigdaddy
Warder

Postby bigdaddy » Feb 04, 2017 22:25

Just dinged 50 on hunter, class is fine. dont listen to this nonsense

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Feb 04, 2017 23:26

so i guess your power leveling session didnt go too well if you are still stucked to 3lvl 10 chars.
the rest of your post is just of no value. comparing dmg of super low lvl chars without gear, bomb vs archer. wtf

Belga
Warder

Postby Belga » Feb 06, 2017 09:58

Just done lev 15, so far a great class to play in solo, of course it's mandatory to chose the rights mobs.
A good list of mobs/spot would be a plus
URKRAFT !

Numak3
Warder

Postby Numak3 » Feb 06, 2017 13:22

Very hard to find a group as a hunter, due to ppl like this OP. But then again, do you really want to group with those people, they're not very good groupmates to have, lots of pve failure, I ll stick to solo just fine.

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Feb 11, 2017 03:00

Torgo wrote:There are some concerns archery damage in general might be off. I just submitted an Issue Tracker item. More evidence/comments would always be nice. Maybe we can get dev to at least take a look at the formulas to make sure they are working as intended (maybe they are but would be nice to at least get confirmation).

Archery dmg is a bit low.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Return to Hunter