A few questions about Hunter Charm

Torgen
Myrmidon

Postby Torgen » Jun 28, 2016 13:32

Hey,

I got a few simple questions about charm animal/insect.

1.What is the max level you can charm on Uthgard? Uth charbuilder says max lvl 50 but ppl told me Hunter can only charm low level mobs.
2. Are there any pets besides arachite priests which have nice utility for pve? Any pets with nukes/dots or something?
3. Are there good insects/animals to charm in the rvr zones? Id love to hide a nuke or dot pet in a tree :P

Sivle
Myrmidon

Postby Sivle » Jun 30, 2016 14:33

1) lvl 41 is the max. lvl for charmed pets
2) There are some spiders with dot proc (afair in Nisse and Myrkwood) and Ants with Fire DD (Muspelheim). Icestriders in Raumarik and frontier have a root and DD - but I cannot remember, that I ever had used such a pet. I think their lvl was 42+
3) Nope. Sometimes I was charming a lynx in the frontier, sending it on my enemy and after it got attacked by my opponent, I did release the lynx (lynx kept on attacking the enemy) and casted my instant pet. That way he had to fight lynx, pet and my little hunter :wink:
Elvis, Nightshade
"Das Tribunal"

Torgen
Myrmidon

Postby Torgen » Jun 30, 2016 16:56

Sivle wrote:1) lvl 41 is the max. lvl for charmed pets

Are you sure about that? Uthgard Char Builder says max lvl 50. My memory might be fooling because its like 10 years ago I last played DAoC but somehow I remember being able to charm mobs 42+ on my Sorc. If its really 41 max then RIP my hunter dreams ;).

Sivle
Myrmidon

Postby Sivle » Jun 30, 2016 19:45

Well. Sorc pet charm is another Case. Your instant dog has max lvl 42 and even on live servers with buffed beastcrafting hunters cannot have pets with higher level.

I know from old times that my charmed pets have always been at least one level below the instant pet. Maybe the cap for charming is lvl 42 - but this will change nothing for your plans.
Elvis, Nightshade
"Das Tribunal"

Torgen
Myrmidon

Postby Torgen » Jun 30, 2016 22:25

Thx for the answers. Yeah it really seems like the Uthgard Char builder is wrong and sorcs could charm higher pets.
Why did mythic hate Hunters back then so much? Lowest evade, lowest range, lowest bow dps and ontop of that I cant even charm yellow or at least lvl 45 pets ;)

Return to Hunter