Aug healer

XiaN^^
Myrmidon

Postby XiaN^^ » Feb 08, 2017 01:36

Kanaille wrote:
XiaN^^ wrote:
3. spec
37aug 39mend 4pac

I have been debating with myself over this for a bit now. The other possible spec that comes to mind would be 40 mend 36 aug. You would be trading the yellow energy-resist with a 100% rez.

I know you should be aiming for keeping the group alive in the first place - but people will die anyhow and i've heard that people can drop very quickly on this patch level, so the 100% rez would be very useful.
Also, resists don't make you able to resist spells more do they? So the sorc-mezz for example would only be a few seconds shorter on duration?

I can't really decide on this but have been thinking that the rez could be way more useful than a little bit shorter sorc-mezz-duration and a little less hib-bomb-damage perhaps.

What do you think?

go the 40 mend spec on your backup paci. much better than sacrificing energy resist. the main purpose of having an aug healer is actually resists so you shouldnt sacrifice those. having a 40mend 36pac healer also gives your group 2x yellow spreadheal which helps your survivability quite abit.
Bigboyo <Los Boyos el Grande> Grand Overlord of Midgard and Slayer of Virgins

Kanaille
Guardian

Postby Kanaille » Feb 08, 2017 02:13

XiaN^^ wrote:go the 40 mend spec on your backup paci. much better than sacrificing energy resist. the main purpose of having an aug healer is actually resists so you shouldnt sacrifice those. having a 40mend 36pac healer also gives your group 2x yellow spreadheal which helps your survivability quite abit.

There will always be occasions where you don't have that backup paci though. I understand that augies are for resists but do you think the energy buff for those 2 occasions (hib pbaoe and sorc-mez) is really more important than the 100% rez? At least you would have the 2 other yellow resists which seem like the important ones.

Really hard to favor one side but I'm still tending to the rez by now. Not 50 yet so I have a bit more time to think about it. :P

XiaN^^
Myrmidon

Postby XiaN^^ » Feb 08, 2017 05:37

Kanaille wrote:
XiaN^^ wrote:go the 40 mend spec on your backup paci. much better than sacrificing energy resist. the main purpose of having an aug healer is actually resists so you shouldnt sacrifice those. having a 40mend 36pac healer also gives your group 2x yellow spreadheal which helps your survivability quite abit.

There will always be occasions where you don't have that backup paci though. I understand that augies are for resists but do you think the energy buff for those 2 occasions (hib pbaoe and sorc-mez) is really more important than the 100% rez? At least you would have the 2 other yellow resists which seem like the important ones.

Really hard to favor one side but I'm still tending to the rez by now. Not 50 yet so I have a bit more time to think about it. :P

if i had to chose between 100% rezz and yellow energy i would take yellow energy everytime. you have 3 PR´s in group so its super rare you actually use a casted rezz anyway.

Minaor
Warder

Postby Minaor » Feb 08, 2017 11:22

XiaN^^ wrote: having a 40mend 36pac healer also gives your group 2x yellow spreadheal which helps your survivability quite abit.

Since you talk about that : viewtopic.php?f=61&t=40983

In short : what about resists on the lvl 34 AoE mez ? Really wanna tri spec on my pac (33/19/38) but I fear there'll be too much resists.
Last edited by Minaor on Feb 08, 2017 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

XiaN^^
Myrmidon

Postby XiaN^^ » Feb 08, 2017 12:22

Minaor wrote:
XiaN^^ wrote: having a 40mend 36pac healer also gives your group 2x yellow spreadheal which helps your survivability quite abit.

In short : what about resists on the lvl 34 AoE mez ? Really wanna tri spec on my pac (33/18/38) but I fear there'll be too much resists.

havent tested it myself and ppl i talk to/play with have divided opinions on it. the biggest advantage on the trispec however is that you get a self s/c. if you´d run the oldschool healer combination such as 44pac 31mend / 40mend 36pac / 37aug 39 mend you would be forced to run a couple s/c charges in the group or run without s/c on your pacs cos shaman wont have enough buffs for everyone. the 33/19/38 spec is definitaly viable and most pacs i know use it. if you´re running a set group with same support all the time id go 44pac on your main pac tho.

Snakemonster
Guardian

Postby Snakemonster » Feb 24, 2017 17:51

XiaN^^ wrote:
Minaor wrote:

In short : what about resists on the lvl 34 AoE mez ? Really wanna tri spec on my pac (33/18/38) but I fear there'll be too much resists.

havent tested it myself and ppl i talk to/play with have divided opinions on it. the biggest advantage on the trispec however is that you get a self s/c. if you´d run the oldschool healer combination such as 44pac 31mend / 40mend 36pac / 37aug 39 mend you would be forced to run a couple s/c charges in the group or run without s/c on your pacs cos shaman wont have enough buffs for everyone. the 33/19/38 spec is definitaly viable and most pacs i know use it. if you´re running a set group with same support all the time id go 44pac on your main pac tho.

I use 33/19/38 and it works very well. My yellow AoE Mezz does not get resisted as much as I thought it would.

Eventually, however, I think I will end up respecing 44 pac.

Previous

Return to Healer