20-40 specs

Vkejai
Myrmidon

Postby Vkejai » Apr 10, 2017 13:50

Hi any recommendations on what spec to level up fastest with solo from 20-40 and why ? Thanks in advance.

Sisay
Warder

Postby Sisay » Apr 10, 2017 21:31

Vkejai wrote:Hi any recommendations on what spec to level up fastest with solo from 20-40 and why ? Thanks in advance.

As I hear, the best spec for levelling it's :

5-20 : Bone for dot (you don't get the healer pet before lv 18 in supp)

20-40 : 18 supp, rest bone, you get the healer for healing the commander, a little life tap and a good dot. It's can be hard at lv 30 +- with the 2 spec at half point of your level. but it's a safe spec with some interaction with dot on monster...

40 : Respec for your final spec... :)

Fiordiluna
Myrmidon

Postby Fiordiluna » Apr 11, 2017 14:03

full supp 20 onwards is the safest.
supp before 20 is slow, but after that level it is safest (cause you can deal much better with any adds) and probably faster killing.

benefit of BA spec with 18supp is downtime only to rebuff once each 20 minutes, and as one of the above said, in the middle between 20 and 40 it gets slower

Vkejai
Myrmidon

Postby Vkejai » Apr 11, 2017 23:35

Thanks for replies, I think I may go the full BA route as I don't have good gear at all, and dps with my current commander and soldier is quite good combined with dots, also I plan on going BA at 50 to do a bit of farming.

Virn
Myrmidon

Postby Virn » Apr 16, 2017 14:16

Hey,

To leveling between 20 and 40 I had use this spec in half afk with pet in aggro mode :

Darkness : 7
Suppression : 33
Bone army : 19

Then respect lvl 40.

Beardcage
Warder

Postby Beardcage » Apr 20, 2017 16:30

What about the best spec for 40-50 now that the respec stones arent to highly priced (1p)?

I respecced from 18 supp rest BA at level 40 for full supp spec but it seems like its alot slower than BA/supp. I need to rest every 2-3 mobs. With BA/supp I could chain yellow/ora as long as I wanted, surely the mobs didnt go down as fast but I didnt have any downtime.

Would it be better going for 18 supp rest BA for level 40-50 and then respec to rvr spec? Or what spec would be the best for fast solo leveling 40-50?

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Apr 21, 2017 16:34

Beardcage wrote:What about the best spec for 40-50 now that the respec stones arent to highly priced (1p)?

I respecced from 18 supp rest BA at level 40 for full supp spec but it seems like its alot slower than BA/supp. I need to rest every 2-3 mobs. With BA/supp I could chain yellow/ora as long as I wanted, surely the mobs didnt go down as fast but I didnt have any downtime.

Would it be better going for 18 supp rest BA for level 40-50 and then respec to rvr spec? Or what spec would be the best for fast solo leveling 40-50?

I've never tried BA spec at all, but I'm fairly convinced that there's no such thing as fast solo leveling on a BD. Everyone seems convinced that BDs are exceptional levelers, but I think that just comes from the fact that you can basically pull a mob and go AFK for several minutes while it dies without worrying about dying yourself, and because you have the ability to kill high level mobs, but that isn't efficient for leveling at all. To me, the only difference between Supp and BA is at 50, where Supp is better for farming single high level mobs and BA is better for farming hordes of greens.

FYI, you can definitely chain yellows/OJs as Supp. If you're running out of power, it's because you're relying on your lifetap to kill the mob, but in most cases you can just AFK while you staff it down then immediately pull the next mob. To speed things up, always make sure to have your guardian pet cast a damage shield on you, even if you're only gonna use healer pets. You can cast the guardian, wait for it to give you the DS buff, then release it and cast all your healers. In general, I tried to keep one high level guardian out and whichever combo of healers were working the best at that level (e.g. the highest level guardian and the second highest healer or the highest level guardian and 2 lower level healers). If you use a lower level guardian and higher level healer, your guardian probably won't be able to hit the mob at all so it's kind of a waste. Your guardian acts as a damage add and increases your to-hit bonus and having them out means that you always have a haste buff going. I would only use my lifetap until I was at ~60% power so as to never drop below 50% since power regeneration is slowed at that point. When MCL was up, I would just spam lifetap until I got to ~30% power and use MCL after the mob died. Depending on your level, sometimes you dark DD is also more efficient than your lifetap in terms of power to damage. At those levels, I wouldn't use my lifetap at all, I would simply pull mobs with DDs and staff them down the rest of the way, always keeping in mind my power levels like I would when using the lifetap.

I'm not sure if that's the most efficient way to level solo as Supp. Perhaps it is faster to just spam your lifetap and sit to regen power afterward, but I don't like the sitting, lol.
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

unty
Warder

Postby unty » Apr 27, 2017 19:33

I've been pretty much doing the method described above. But i think it depends on your play style. For me, LT mob , and do something on my other laptop top, occasionally glancing over as i slowing kill the mob incase of 2nd aggro ( died a few times not paying attention hehe)

at lvl 40, i bought the cheap AF 51 cloth gloves and boots, and spellcrafted melee resists on them, which helped alot. They get destroyed quick, but they cost under 20g for the cloth so no biggy.

hehe yeah I've tried the spam LT and sit down method... im not sure i like it either . I've had mcl2 since lvl 25 but i barely use it now as i just LT /afk mobs now

Return to Bonedancer