Question on Dex debuff

Geawiel
Warder

Postby Geawiel » Mar 07, 2017 01:38

I was wondering today if it was worth my time to cast debuffs on mob targets (killing werewolf churls, mostly yellow). I took a sample size of 1 fight for each (yeah I know sample size is a lot small). I did a sample of no debuffing, 1 debuffing strength, no debuff again, and lastly debuff dex. I did nothing to interfere except to heal the pets if need be. There was a 29.92 decrease in damage to my commander with the strength debuff on.

My initial thought was the dex should allow my pets to bypass defenses a bit more and miss less. From the super small sample size, it is showing I actually miss more with the dex debuff on the werewolves.

No debuff, my commander hit 8 out of 8 times. Soldier 1 hit 6 out of 8 and soldier 2 hit 5 out of 8.

with dex debuff, my commander hit 3 out of 8, soldier 1 hit 4 out of 8 and soldier 2 hit 6 out of 8. There were a total of 14 attack cycles with this one because of all the misses but I wanted to keep the sample sizes the same for now.

So before I try and slowly gather data for a bigger sample size, how exactly is dex supposed to affect a melee mob? Does it help my pets bypass defense? Does it decrease the amount of times a mob can bypass mine? Both? Is it a known issue (I couldn't find it)?

Minaor
Warder

Postby Minaor » Mar 07, 2017 14:59

I think you shouldnt bother because of the mana it costs. Better cast 1 more damaging spell in most case.
It depends however on your spec and what you're doing, but for most spec & for solo xp phase just go for the damage.

mickle87
Myrmidon

Postby mickle87 » Mar 08, 2017 05:16

i dont think its fair to say dont bother.

Dex debuff should stop evade, but if the mob doesnt evade, im not sure what it will do?

I've been using dex buff under the same mentality and havent tested though, so would love to know some other true results.

thomasmgp
Warder

Postby thomasmgp » Mar 14, 2017 23:48

wouldnt Dex debuff be mandatory for tap tanking as Supp? Less dex means less Parry/Dodge/Block.

bluwaffle
Guardian

Postby bluwaffle » May 16, 2017 01:58

Mobs are only str based (including their chance of missing etc) like warriors etc, so dex debuff is useless vs them

linklink64
Myrmidon

Postby linklink64 » May 21, 2017 19:30

bluwaffle wrote:Mobs are only str based (including their chance of missing etc) like warriors etc, so dex debuff is useless vs them

uhh..that's BS.

It may not affect parry/block/evade...but the debuff will lower the damage output they do. smh.

mickle87
Myrmidon

Postby mickle87 » May 25, 2017 04:57

based on what ive read on this and tested....

only str debuff works on mobs.

It decreases dps on mobs.

any other debuff is useless unless its another player.

therefore, why do we have debuffs prior to lvl 20? i know in classic days you could pvp from 10, but even then most classes get first debuff at lvl 3-6, so this is pointless?

I had the same results, debuffing dex actually made it worse! i.e. mob hit more (not dps, just frequency) and i hit them for less.....

not sure if thats intended, seems like a weird way and i worry at lvl 50, if you debuff high lvl mobs, it may make it harder? when it shouldnt?

linklink64
Myrmidon

Postby linklink64 » Mar 29, 2018 21:18

mickle87 wrote:therefore, why do we have debuffs prior to lvl 20? i know in classic days you could pvp from 10, but even then most classes get first debuff at lvl 3-6, so this is pointless?

well for one, you can use it to pull a mob from distance with 0 agro. allowing your grp to peel without an issue.

Return to Bonedancer