Pets spells & behaviour

Minaor
Warder

Postby Minaor » Feb 28, 2017 15:38

Hello guys !

I have some questions on the sub pets spells & behaviour - all RvR related.
Hope you can answer some of them :)

1- Darkness Caster sub pet :
  1. Interrupt at each cast ?
  2. Deal some damage or is just really here to interrupt ?
  3. Will go to melee easily ?
  4. Real difference between level 24 and level 33 pet (in its survival or damage) ?

2- Darkness Debuffer sub pet :
  1. Only cast AE body debuff ? What is the Area of his debuff ?
  2. When you order him to attack, will it cast his debuff then immediatly go to melee each time ?
  3. What if I order him to attack with the commander, then put the passive mode for a second, and order a new attack (same or different target). Will it cast his debuff again ?
  4. If not I assume there is a CD on his debuff, any idea of this CD ?

Thx a lot !

Minaor
Warder

Postby Minaor » Mar 07, 2017 13:54

I was finally able to run some tests :

1- Darkness Caster sub pet :
  1. Interrupt at each cast ?
    => seems so
  2. Deal some damage or is just really here to interrupt ?
    => in between, more like a small damage add
  3. Will go to melee easily ?
    => no, even in melee range (if not hit) they'll cast often
  4. Real difference between level 24 and level 33 pet (in its survival or damage) ?

2- Darkness Debuffer sub pet :
  1. Only cast AE body debuff ? What is the Area of his debuff ?
    => no, disease + atk speed debuff
  2. When you order him to attack, will it cast his debuff then immediatly go to melee each time ?
    => chain cast debuff until applied to the target, then go to melee
  3. What if I order him to attack with the commander, then put the passive mode for a second, and order a new attack (same or different target). Will it cast his debuff again ?
    => no, will go to melee as long as target still got the debuff
  4. If not I assume there is a CD on his debuff, any idea of this CD ?
    => no CD

Thx !
You're welcome.
/dance

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Mar 11, 2017 08:25

Thanks so much for testing this out! You didn't come to any conclusion about 1d?
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

Minaor
Warder

Postby Minaor » Mar 13, 2017 15:55

joshisanonymous wrote:Thanks so much for testing this out! You didn't come to any conclusion about 1d?

Not yet, more tests coming as soon as I reach lvl 50.

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Mar 17, 2017 22:01

Learned a couple things related to darkness pets.

I tried the level 15 caster pet when I was level 40 and found that it was resisted 100% of the time when fighting against a blue con mob. However, from asking two different level 50 BDs who I saw using caster/debuffer pets in RvR, apparently these pets will hit enemy players regularly enough regardless of level. I find it hard to believe that even the level 15 caster will, but that was the claim by one of the two BDs. This would be easy enough to test by dueling someone, but I haven't had the chance to yet.

I also learned from one of the BDs, who I assume did a test, that any pets below level 24 die in one hit from a dark RM nuke, but any over this level can survive one hit, which is not surprising.

All in all, it sounds like going high in dark is pretty viable for group RvR. Personally considering 34 dark 38 supp 17 BA if the resist rates on the low level pets really aren't a problem. If they are, 36 dark 38 supp 12 BA might work out for the higher level debuffer.
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

Return to Bonedancer