BD RA's + Leveling

mickle87
Myrmidon

Postby mickle87 » Feb 22, 2017 06:20

I've been playing a BD lately and i would really like some things confirmed without the normal response "Trust me", because i think theyre too easily dismissed as "not worth it" when in reality, i think it can really be worth while.

So 2 things i think are/will happen on Uthgard that support my proposed theory.

1. Leveling to 50 is the hardest part of the game and requires a lot of RL sacrifice i.e. anything to speed this up will make me (and probably a few others) very welcomed - and im not talking about a change in rules/ coding, im talking RA's.

2. Killing the dragon will become more and more frequent, and most people will be hanging for those Skill respecs, but RA respec, probably wont be that high on peoples hit list (esp not this early into the servers life).

Therefore, i need the following confirmed:

1. Do EACH of the BD pets take exp when leveling? or it is like a "All your pets have 30% exp no matter how many you have up"
2. Is 'Wild Minion' RA available to BD's?

My proposed situation is,

1. Get some RR's as you level, and put this in the Minion control RA while you level.

I know this sounds redundant, but if RA respec stones are cheap, i would happily sink 1p+ into one for when i hit 50 to take this RA out.

Second to that, if your pets take 3% (seen 5% on another site) less exp (which can go a lot higher per level of this ability), that could potentially be 9% less per kill (3x3%). I dont need to do the math for anyone here as you should all know (if you have a high 40's char) that 9-10% extra per kill is def going to be worth your money (assuming stones are around 1p in time).

So what are peoples thoughts on this?

Second to this, there is a lot of talk about PL swapping lately, but (and please confirm if this is how it works) if you have a BD who is "PLing" and his pets are taking A LOT less exp, and that impacts the group/ lowbie.....could this not be seen as one of the preferred methods of leveling lowbies? I can see a potential huge advantage here if the systems works the way im thinking (probably doesnt though)

Maybe im off on a stupid tangent and its all stupid theory, but would love some feedback on it to someone who knows a little bit more on the coding/ rules.

Thanks in advance!

Fiordiluna
Myrmidon

Postby Fiordiluna » Feb 22, 2017 14:24

Common misunderstanding of 'normal classes' towards pet classes is that 'If they have a pet, they will steal xp to us too'.
Not true. Pets steal xp only to pet owner. And they steal xp only if they participate in the fight and actually DEAL damage. Or, in the case of suppression BD, if they heal the pet owner.
Since it is much more easy for a pet to heal the pet owner, than to deal enough damage to the monster, it is much more common for a suppression BD to see his/her xp gain be cut to about 30% to 50%. The devs are still working on it (i think), since MY ISSUE was posted on the tracker during beta in august, and the issue is still there, unfixed.

What should you then do to prevent the xp cut? Waste RA skillpoints? That could be an idea. But i don't like it, personally.
Avoid using healer pets? Another idea. Difficult but doable with kiting or by being the healer of the pets yourself.
Resign and accept your fate? Most likely the path many choose, even unconscious of the problem. because they don't care, they can afk xp with agro pets, because the suppression BD is sooo easy to play with no focus at all on what you're doing.

Wild minion RA is available, yes. And in fact is a nice one for Bonearmy specced BDs, i tried that out during the beta. Having a mix on Wild Minion and Wild Arcana is even better. Critting with your dots (which normally will never crit, if you don't open up that chance with RA purchase) and critting with your pet/pets lets you kill monsters much faster.

TRUST ME

mickle87
Myrmidon

Postby mickle87 » Feb 23, 2017 01:32

really appreciate your response,

very interesting and im glad someone else has had a run at this, it seems like the heals will be the big problem with the exp steal then.

I still think that grind 40-50 will be worth spending RA's into these though.....

I'll def be hitting up the crit for dots as well, as i expect do go some supp and mostly BA till 40 at least.

I kinda like the approach of pet on aggro and afk too though :) be great for some DF farming :P

Return to Bonedancer