Error casting pet dex/qui or str/con buffs?

Geawiel
Warder

Postby Geawiel » Feb 16, 2017 23:26

So something I've been noticing is that if you have a mob or another player selected (there may be other instances as well) when you cast your non targeted pet buffs, they won't cast on the pets. You go through the animation, you're charged power and endo, but the spell never goes on the pet. You don't get an error message like you would expect either.

So here is my question to all of you. How is the mechanic supposed to work? Is it supposed to ignore the fact you have something targeted and cast them on the pets anyway? Is it supposed to say "Hey stupid, you can't cast that on that target"? I took some screen shots of it, but I want to be sure I'm writing the bug report for the right thing before I put one up.

Chickenstew
Warder

Postby Chickenstew » Feb 17, 2017 00:34

If you have something else targeted and your pets are not in front of you it won't go on them. It is a frontal cone buff, but if you have them selected it will go on them even if they are behind you.

Geawiel
Warder

Postby Geawiel » Feb 18, 2017 19:37

I just tried specifically casting with a mob selected and pets in front of me. It still does the same thing. Cast animation, power cost, endo cost and no spell cast on the pets. Also no "you can't do that stupid" error message.

Geawiel
Warder

Postby Geawiel » Feb 19, 2017 02:31

Just found another thing to it. If the pets are in combat, the non target buff spells won't land either. Tested twice, happened twice.

Fiordiluna
Myrmidon

Postby Fiordiluna » Feb 22, 2017 14:14

It is a known bug for the BD community. We learned not to cast it mindless, without focusing.
After all, as with the other BD issues (and there ARE), it is not going to be fixed 'soon'.

Return to Bonedancer