Template help (+ SUPP?)

Ironicles
Myrmidon

Postby Ironicles » Jul 16, 2016 02:14

Hey all! Currently trying to put together a template for BDs and having trouble finding an answer. Assuming I go 47 Supp/26 Dark...

1. Does +Darkness skill make sense in template to lower variance in baseline nuke?
2. What about +Supp? Do I need to get it to 50?
3. Does anything over 50 (in Supp or Dark) add to damage?
4. Are there any good BD items you have found that are must haves for a BD template?
5. Is it important to add + power to the template if able to?
6. Is having +STR suggested as a kobold incase you get str debuffed/rooted?

dabri0n
Gryphon Knight

Postby dabri0n » Jul 16, 2016 02:58

Ironicles wrote:Hey all! Currently trying to put together a template for BDs and having trouble finding an answer. Assuming I go 47 Supp/26 Dark...

1. Does +Darkness skill make sense in template to lower variance in baseline nuke?
4. Are there any good BD items you have found that are must haves for a BD template?

1. always
2. LT damage, so yes for your target spec
3. yes
4. idk
5. power a last concern in the template, you can do the + power on offhand change trick to squese in another cast
6. really -.-
uwu ~ orz
https://tinyurl.com/y75vcqqm

Ironicles
Myrmidon

Postby Ironicles » Jul 16, 2016 04:11

dabri0n wrote:
Ironicles wrote:Hey all! Currently trying to put together a template for BDs and having trouble finding an answer. Assuming I go 47 Supp/26 Dark...

1. always
3. yes
4. idk
5. power a last concern in the template, you can do the + power on offhand change trick to squese in another cast
6. really -.-

Thanks for the answers! Although for 6 yes I am serious lol, its been YEARS since i've played and as an unbuffed solo running around with 50STR, it's a question I have. Being str/con debuffed making you encumbered/rooted. Any advice?

dabri0n
Gryphon Knight

Postby dabri0n » Jul 16, 2016 11:17

Ironicles wrote:
dabri0n wrote:

1. always
3. yes
4. idk
6. really -.-

Thanks for the answers! Although for 6 yes I am serious lol, its been YEARS since i've played and as an unbuffed solo running around with 50STR, it's a question I have. Being str/con debuffed making you encumbered/rooted. Any advice?

ad 6: If debuff calc is correctly implemented this can only happen if you are unbuffed and close to encumbered. Afaik debuffs work against buffs first, then half the excess value is applied towards your base stats. Guess this can happen, but should not be a regular issue. Find a SM buddy and a shaman buddy and test it out.
uwu ~ orz

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jul 16, 2016 13:09

you can not get below your starting stats. so as long as you dont carry more than 50, you cant get encumbered.

Ironicles
Myrmidon

Postby Ironicles » Jul 16, 2016 18:16

Thanks for the help guys! So if I'm at say 40 out of 50 STR base stats, and get STR debuffed, I won't drop below 50?

Also, any other thoughts on #3-5?

Fiordiluna
Myrmidon

Postby Fiordiluna » Jul 17, 2016 09:03

6 is worth if you use the bd as a farmer.. you can carry more ;)

dabri0n
Gryphon Knight

Postby dabri0n » Jul 17, 2016 12:38

pweet wrote:you can not get below your starting stats. so as long as you dont carry more than 50, you cant get encumbered.

Pweet seems to be right. It is part of the 1.62 patch notes:

1.62 Patch Notes wrote:Strength (and strength only) debuffs and disease spells should no longer reduce a player's encumbrance below their unbuffed maximum. Debuffers were using the fact that you could reduce an enemy to 0 movement speed as an effective one minute total snare with no counter, which was not the intention of strength debuff spells.
uwu ~ orz

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jul 17, 2016 12:48

ok so if you put str in your temp its higher. but well if you stay below 50 you dont need to increase that
3 yes it will increase your dmg
4 no idea
5 power is not really nessesary. its very expensive to put it in since it costs as much as resis to SC. add as much as you can as your last priority, if you end up with 0/26 it is also fine. it is like 1spell less you can cast :D

dabri0n
Gryphon Knight

Postby dabri0n » Jul 17, 2016 12:51

Esp. since it is power "points" not percentage pool.
uwu ~ orz

Return to Bonedancer