Weapon Styles

Atreiu
Myrmidon

Postby Atreiu » Jan 10, 2017 02:51

Hello, I've rolled a berz, I am liking it so far.

But I am having an hard time understanding all these styles u unlock. Most of them seem completely worthless, am I doing it wrong or? Since I've specced into Left Axe and Axe I've been mainly spamming PLAGUE (it's the axe taunt), because the tooltip says HIGH dmg and because it helps me get the mobs away from the PaperGuys.

What style do you use? Or should I use / should be looking for to use.

Can someone also clarify the style's tooltips? Some of those are not clear to me.

Opening - how/when I can use it
Fatigue - how much endurance it uses
Damage - how much dmg it does
Attack - hit chance bonus maybe ?
Defense - No idea!
Special - if it's a DoT/snare/taunt/whatever

Mad Mike
Warder

Postby Mad Mike » Jan 10, 2017 18:31

Taunt is usually decent for low levels. Styles you want to have are reactionary (evade, parry) cuz they do more damage, styles with slow, snare, and stun, and styles with high growth rates.
Search on the internet which styles have higher growth rate. Higher growth rate = higher dmg.
Double frost lvl34? Style in LA has one of the highest growth rates on an anytime style. Rest of the styles are mostly garbage and you can ignore them.

HulkGris
Phoenix Knight

Postby HulkGris » Jan 10, 2017 19:33

Have a look to my builder : http://genuapp.appspot.com/char/class/berserker.html
There's tooltip on each style with all info about style, including a real damage data indication called GR (Growth Rate). The higher GR is, the higher you will do damage with the style.
BUT the higher you spec in a combat skill, the higher will be the styled damage. If you have 2 in Axe skill and 20 Left Axe, you will do less damage with Axe styles, even with higher GR.
I suggest you to put maximize one skill and use style from this skill.

For ingame tooltip :
Opening - how/when I can use it -> Yes
Fatigue - how much endurance it uses -> Yes
Damage - how much dmg it does -> Not really, this info is :gaga: .
Attack - hit chance bonus maybe ? -> reduces the chance to miss the target (the log saying you try to hit but miss your target)
Defense - No idea! --> Increase (or decrease if penalty) the chance of being missed by a target attacking you.
Special - if it's a DoT/snare/taunt/whatever -> Yes

Mad Mike wrote:Double frost lvl34? Style in LA has one of the highest growth rates on an anytime style. Rest of the styles are mostly garbage and you can ignore them.

Positionnal style are always better ! But indeed, Zerk can spam Double frost and still win :D
RIP : Ectoplasme
My own version of Uthgard Character Builder

Atreiu
Myrmidon

Postby Atreiu » Jan 17, 2017 01:32

thanks, now I am lvl 37 and most of the things are clear, I have now a good setup of styles to use.

What is not clear tho:

I have a 15 dps sword, and a 12 dps Hammer (and ofc a left hand axe).
Now since my spec is currently HAMMER/LEFT AXE, BUT atm im mostly using LA styles in PvE.

Does it even matter to have an hammer in main hand if I am not using any hammer style? If I am using SnowSquall would I do more dps with the 15 dps sword but no skill point into sword, or with the 12 dps Hammer but with 29 hammer Skills points.

I guess it's still better the hammer? Since I've noticed higher weapon skill.

HulkGris
Phoenix Knight

Postby HulkGris » Jan 17, 2017 02:02

Atreiu wrote:Does it even matter to have an hammer in main hand if I am not using any hammer style? If I am using SnowSquall would I do more dps with the 15 dps sword but no skill point into sword, or with the 12 dps Hammer but with 29 hammer Skills points.

That's a little bit complicated, but to sum up, by speccing your skill you can raise your damage from 75%-125% to 125%-175%.
So you can increase your damage by 50%.
12dps specced hammer should be better than 15dps unspecced.

But check ingame to be sure :)

Atreiu
Myrmidon

Postby Atreiu » Jan 17, 2017 06:21

but when I am increasing let's say hammer by 10...what am I actually increasing ? The damage done by my Hammer style? OR the ability to use an hammer in my main hand so that it actually increase damage even if I am not using hammer styles but something like Squall which is Left Axe

HulkGris
Phoenix Knight

Postby HulkGris » Jan 18, 2017 00:14

Atreiu wrote:but when I am increasing let's say hammer by 10...what am I actually increasing ? The damage done by my Hammer style? OR the ability to use an hammer in my main hand so that it actually increase damage even if I am not using hammer styles but something like Squall which is Left Axe

Total damage = base damage + style bonus.

+10 in hammer skill increase
-> the base damage you are doing but hitting with a hammer.
-> the style bonus from hammer style only

It won't change the style bonus of Left Axe style but total damage will be higher, due to the increased base damage.

Base the damage is not increased anymore if your skill is higher than the level of your target. Reach 51 in weapon, including bonus, and ou will have the best base damage in PvP.
Style damage is still increased after 51 in spec line.

By the way, the "style bonus" is calculated according to skill, weapon speed, quickness, and a GR (Growth Rate) of style (a hidden value defining the power of the style).
Two weapon of same speed will give same style bonus, even a 1 dps weapon vs a 16.5 dps weapon :)

You can check all GR on my builder.

Atreiu
Myrmidon

Postby Atreiu » Jan 23, 2017 03:40

here I am back with some other questions:

Is there a post somewhere that explain the mechanics behind Defenses? Like evade/parry/block.

Is there a cap? I've read somehwere 50% cap in rvr, but dunno if that's current state uthgard.

How much parry % is a point into the Parry line? Or how much parry does a lvl 50 berzerker with something like 30 parry have?

BodyguardTheGreat
Guardian

Postby BodyguardTheGreat » Jan 27, 2017 12:49

parry is 50% cap in RVR. each point in parry is 0.5%

There is some dexterity that comes into play which ups it further. your average spec zerker is 50/50 28 parry so 14% from that with +11 as max bonus another 5.5% so 19.5% total from 28+11parry...., then you can get more from dexterity being maxed out, then more from mastery of parry. (Saying you wish to solo etc.)

Guru
Warder

Postby Guru » Jan 27, 2017 14:34

BodyguardTheGreat wrote:parry is 50% cap in RVR. each point in parry is 0.5%

There is some dexterity that comes into play which ups it further. your average spec zerker is 50/50 28 parry so 14% from that with +11 as max bonus another 5.5% so 19.5% total from 28+11parry...., then you can get more from dexterity being maxed out, then more from mastery of parry. (Saying you wish to solo etc.)

If the formulas I've been using are correct, the math behind it are as follows:

From parry-skill:
Base parry chance: 5%
Skill Bonus = 0.5 * (parry spec + realm rank bonus + template bonus)%

for 28+11, that would be:
.5 x (28 + 11) = 19,5

From dex-stat:
Dex Bonus = 1 / 40 * ((dex * 2) - 100)%

For a trolls lvl 50 with no + in dex, that would be:
58 + 75 (items) + 70 (buff) = 198 = 7,4%

So if you were a troll, fully buffed in RvR and all capped from items, that would be:
5 + 19,5 + 7,4 = 31,9% parry chance

And for evade-chance:

Evade (%) = ( ([Dexterity] + [Quickness]) / 2 - 50) * 0.05 + [Evade Level] * 5

So for a troll with + 10 quickness, and capped dex/qui, that would be:

((198 + 190) / 2 - 50) x 0.05 + 3 x 5 = 22,2%

bm01
Gryphon Knight

Postby bm01 » Feb 01, 2017 05:05

I'm pretty sure the parry rate is also divided by the number of opponents. I don't really know the details though.

Return to Berserker