Solo berserker leveling?

Colwyn
Warder

Postby Colwyn » Jun 17, 2016 07:48

Anyone here successful in running their zerker solo while leveling?

Thinking about making one but I'm concerned if when I don't have a group I won't be able to chain yellows for example. Never played one, could use some advice or input.

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Jun 17, 2016 11:57

Well,

Like most melee early on you will have very little defense. Parry and Evade 3 are all a zerk gets - and you won't be having much parry early doors either as your pts will be going into LA & weapon line of choice.

No speed means kill tasks are a slow pain (unlike say Skald). When you get higher level it will be a bit better - but overall I would think there will be a fair bit of downtime. Shield is much better in PvE ultimately (later on) when compared to Parry.

'Chaining yellows' will be Endurance-limited, as I am sure you will run out of that long before you run out of hit pts on yellow mobs.

All in all lvling solo on this server is probably going to be a bit of a chore:) And lvling solo tanks with no buffs / heals / endu will be painful.

(as bad as waiting for power to regen? who knows:)

Colwyn
Warder

Postby Colwyn » Jun 17, 2016 15:24

Thanks for taking the time to write such a good reply. Appreciate it

Cipherr
Myrmidon

Postby Cipherr » Jul 17, 2016 17:53

morry1000 wrote:Well,

Like most melee early on you will have very little defense. Parry and Evade 3 are all a zerk gets - and you won't be having much parry early doors either as your pts will be going into LA & weapon line of choice.

No speed means kill tasks are a slow pain (unlike say Skald). When you get higher level it will be a bit better - but overall I would think there will be a fair bit of downtime. Shield is much better in PvE ultimately (later on) when compared to Parry.

'Chaining yellows' will be Endurance-limited, as I am sure you will run out of that long before you run out of hit pts on yellow mobs.

All in all lvling solo on this server is probably going to be a bit of a chore:) And lvling solo tanks with no buffs / heals / endu will be painful.

(as bad as waiting for power to regen? who knows:)

I can second this having gotten my savage and bers to both 36 and 37 now. Endu is an issue for the bers. With the free respecs I have tried every lines anytime style and even the Axe front positional in PvE. Havoc in the Axe line edges the other choices out damage wise, and costs 10 end per use with a slow mainhand. while Doublefrost hits harder but costs 12 end per use (you get 100 endurance on a full bar).

Yellows are more or less fine if you have decent gear and at least a 89% qua weapon, but low oranges are where I see my zerk start to run OOE before a mob dies unless I get an evade/parry and I can let off some reactionaries that have high growth rates but only cost 5 endurance each.

The Hammer taunt style is the most endurance friendly only costing 6 endurance per use with a slow mainhand, but it doesnt hit as hard as Havoc nor Double Frost. Using hammer you might be able to ensure that you are able to style all the way until a mob is dead as opposed to using DoubleFrost/Snowblind/Havoc/Drawout/PolarRift which all cost 10 end per use or more (Polar Rift costs 12 end per use with a 3.8+ speed mainhand just like DF).

After all this testing Im coming to the same conclusions most folks did. Hammer is preferred. Without endurance regen, having an anytime that costs 6 endurance vs one that costs 10 endurance (but does more damage) seems preferable. Being able to use a style 16 times per endurance bar vs 10 is a pretty big deal, and likely closes the gap of damage dealt over time with something like Havoc. Having a rear snare for PvP is just icing on the cake.

Return to Berserker