Berserker dmg on patch 1.65

darmas
Myrmidon

Postby darmas » May 06, 2016 14:55

Hi, as it is soon beta i was curios if this was discussed before.
I look at the char builder for Uthgard server and notice that every <<Left Axe>> style is "low" in damage, except a third followup style and the last level 50 followup style.

no i didnt play berserker in the old days, i played against them, remembering how they could rip my armsman apart quite easily.
although i remember this, it seems that this patch is post the nerf of their dmg?

Sztyk
Myrmidon

Postby Sztyk » May 06, 2016 18:27

darmas wrote:Hi, as it is soon beta i was curios if this was discussed before.
I look at the char builder for Uthgard server and notice that every <<Left Axe>> style is "low" in damage, except a third followup style and the last level 50 followup style.

no i didnt play berserker in the old days, i played against them, remembering how they could rip my armsman apart quite easily.
although i remember this, it seems that this patch is post the nerf of their dmg?

yes it's post-nerf. maybe take a look here

http://talsyra.tripod.com/daocmechanics/midgard_styles.html

for growth rates, which, are pretty damn ok so dont worry too much bout your LA damage :)

Capass7x1
Myrmidon

Postby Capass7x1 » May 06, 2016 19:10

Sztyk wrote:
darmas wrote:Hi, as it is soon beta i was curios if this was discussed before.

for growth rates, which, are pretty damn ok so dont worry too much bout your LA damage :)

That link is great, but I wanted to ask which patch its from? Aurora Borealis says its a reactionary after the target parries, while nixian's char builder says its the last of the snowquall chain with a cold DD proc. Can we assume the growth rate is the same? Idk

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » May 06, 2016 19:16

Capass7x1 wrote:That link is great, but I wanted to ask which patch its from? Aurora Borealis says its a reactionary after the target parries, while nixian's char builder says its the last of the snowquall chain with a cold DD proc. Can we assume the growth rate is the same? Idk

There is a list of sources on the top but it's from before 1.65
1.62 was when the DD proc was added to Aurora Borealis, then the growth and damage of the proc were upped in 1.65.

Probably accurate for Doublefrost though, as there are no specific changes to it (besides the 1.62 Zerker overall nerf) until much later (1.90 for endo usage and 1.91 for damage).

And let's be real, that's all you're gonna use right? 8)
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

darmas
Myrmidon

Postby darmas » May 06, 2016 19:21

Sztyk wrote:

Thanks for the link, but if i take a look the overall dmg is Low low low on all styles. and svg has High on all of them. wtf?

Capass7x1
Myrmidon

Postby Capass7x1 » May 06, 2016 19:35

Nezix wrote:
Capass7x1 wrote:That link is great, but I wanted to ask which patch its from? Aurora Borealis says its a reactionary after the target parries, while nixian's char builder says its the last of the snowquall chain with a cold DD proc. Can we assume the growth rate is the same? Idk

There is a list of sources on the top but it's from before 1.65
1.62 was when the DD proc was added to Aurora Borealis, then the growth and damage of the proc were upped in 1.65.

Probably accurate for Doublefrost though, as there are no specific changes to it (besides the 1.62 Zerker overall nerf) until much later (1.90 for endo usage and 1.91 for damage).

And let's be real, that's all you're gonna use right? 8)

What is so great about df? 0.75 GR, high end and low dmg. What am I missing?

edit: I guess .75 gr is good for an anytime style?

Sztyk
Myrmidon

Postby Sztyk » May 06, 2016 22:40

yeah avg is 0.6 or something so kinda good.

dunno for the "low" thing tho cause the damage wasnt and wont be "low" in any of the high growthrate styles :>

Myrmidon

Postby Top » May 06, 2016 22:50

Berserker damage you say?

<Telus>

Capass7x1
Myrmidon

Postby Capass7x1 » May 07, 2016 04:20

Sztyk wrote:yeah avg is 0.6 or something so kinda good.

dunno for the "low" thing tho cause the damage wasnt and wont be "low" in any of the high growthrate styles :>

oic, its a "low attack bonus" now it adds up

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » May 07, 2016 10:26

Capass7x1 wrote:oic, its a "low attack bonus" now it adds up

attack bonus increase damage or chance to hit?
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Capass7x1
Myrmidon

Postby Capass7x1 » May 07, 2016 14:02

Ilerget wrote:
Capass7x1 wrote:oic, its a "low attack bonus" now it adds up

attack bonus increase damage or chance to hit?

Couldn't tell you, between nixian's character builder and the allakhazam style guide, it just says attack = low. If I had to guess, I'd say to-hit bonus

Return to Berserker