Best 2nd line for Ice Wizard?

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 04, 2019 13:30

I'm leveling my ice wizard and not sure what will be the best second line for it, this char will be mostly used in keep siege
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Feb 09, 2019 01:02

None of the spells in Earth or Fire specs are great at low level, but there are arguments to be made for both lines. In Fire, you don't get any useful new spells, but you will reduce the variance on your baseline fire bolt's damage. In Earth, you get a 26 seconds AoE root, which, due to resists, will be a very short duration, it could still be worth it.

For keep sieges, I would go for the Fire line. You'll be using that bolt very often, and your single target Ice root should be sufficient for other purposes.

Return to Wizard