Ice wiz for keep defense & casual zerging... will I be sad?

Drastix
Warder

Postby Drastix » Feb 13, 2017 03:12

After years of exclusively playing 8v8 and solo stealthers, I broke down and decided to make my end game goal here on Uthgard just to be, well... a casual. I'm going to stop pretending I'm not a husband/dad with a career now, and face the fact that when I get on at nights, I'll likely have the most fun just running with the mindless Alb zerg.

So I rolled an ice wiz. Obviously what I have in mind here is fast leveling to 50, and then keep defense in RvR with PBAE. What do you guys think about this vision of PBAE keep defense? Will I be effective and valuable, or is this just a pipe dream?

What say you experienced Alb zerglings & RvR lemmings? ;)

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Feb 13, 2017 03:54

Hi and welcome :)

I feel your casual pain friend, we all have gotten older.

I think you may enjoy Fire more at least at lower RR. Ice pbaoe leaves you pretty vulernable. At least with Fire you can bolt casters and still aoe in a zerg fight well. Don't forget Volcanic Pillar!
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Drastix
Warder

Postby Drastix » Feb 13, 2017 05:37

Was VP good at this patch level?

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Feb 13, 2017 06:50

Drastix wrote:Was VP good at this patch level?

Yeah I think its pretty strong: Bolt range, instant, 500 radius and only a 15 minute timer. I am really looking forward to some coordinated Wizard strikes with a pack of these :D
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Elodus
Myrmidon

Postby Elodus » Feb 13, 2017 17:21

How hard does it hit?
Motark - Runemaster
<Shocker>

Elodus
Myrmidon

Postby Elodus » Feb 13, 2017 19:03

Drastix wrote:After years of exclusively playing 8v8 and solo stealthers, I broke down and decided to make my end game goal here on Uthgard just to be, well... a casual. I'm going to stop pretending I'm not a husband/dad with a career now, and face the fact that when I get on at nights, I'll likely have the most fun just running with the mindless Alb zerg.

So I rolled an ice wiz. Obviously what I have in mind here is fast leveling to 50, and then keep defense in RvR with PBAE. What do you guys think about this vision of PBAE keep defense? Will I be effective and valuable, or is this just a pipe dream?

What say you experienced Alb zerglings & RvR lemmings? ;)

Ice Heathen! Repent and embrace the cult of Holy Mother Fire! Even the most frigid of bolt-less heretics can hear her call if they only pause their arrogance and listen!
Motark - Runemaster
<Shocker>

Return to Wizard