Lack of Wizards!

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » Jan 18, 2017 14:09

People seem to avoid creating Wizards in general, which is really depressive, at least from my perspective.

I have yet to see 1 Wizard in all the groups I have participated until now (40 level).
I have even tried many times to find and invite a Wizard (Ice preferably but Fire as well) in order to create a fast pace xp group, without any luck.

This is something that really hurts the realm in so many ways.

From what I've seen so far, people got really depressed about creating Classes that are not considered as RvR "L337" from the Pro players.
Either it was forum posts or just chat "advice" in general.
I'm 100% convinced that most of these "L337" players will most likely get their face down in mud because they are soo much dogmatic and narrow minded to see other options apart from their setup.

Being a player that have re-rolled 3 Wizards and played in every patch aspect of the game since EU Beta (Excal EU when Wizards wasn't FOTM RR9L7, Merlin US when Wizards got Util RR8L3, Ywain cluster when Wizards were UBER RR11L1).

I really can't understand why people avoid to choose a class that they find fun to play and just go along the "stream".
Unless people just disregard Wizards and never liked them in general and I'm kinda romantic and nostalgic...

P.S. Of course we are all familiar and know that Wizards are not OP in this patch and they don't bring great utility like other casters, but still they are fun to play and can level / group very good in many setups (RvR and PvE alike).
P.S. 2 Are there any other people feeling / thinking the same as I do?

TLDR; People avoid to create Wizards because it's considered as a "worthless" class for RvR (premade 8v8) and that really hurts the realm!

Renork
Warder

Postby Renork » Jan 21, 2017 21:31

Just started leveling mine, and yes, there is a lack of wizzies.

SnoRb
Warder

Postby SnoRb » Jan 22, 2017 00:20

if I beat the queue today then i will create one as well.
But I will probably stay fire till 20, then respect to ice just to be able to kill something solo and do task till 20.

ACrispyTaco
Myrmidon

Postby ACrispyTaco » Jan 22, 2017 10:09

I made a Wizard focused guild called Wiz Biz :) Gonna do focus bolt pull groups and other Wizard shenanigans whenever possible. Message Crispy if you're interested in a guild for Albion's least favorite class.

Troma
Guardian

Postby Troma » Jan 22, 2017 10:49

I'm brand new to the game and rolled a wizzy as they have always been my favorite class. Even if they do get shafted in most mmo's. Not sure what the fuss is. So far i'm only lvl 8 but love the damage output. I do hope buffs become a bit longer as 10 minutes is a bit short. But yeah anyways would love to see some noob info posted in this sub. Hard to find any decent information on this class.

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » Jan 23, 2017 11:08

Troma wrote:I'm brand new to the game and rolled a wizzy as they have always been my favorite class. Even if they do get shafted in most mmo's. Not sure what the fuss is. So far i'm only lvl 8 but love the damage output. I do hope buffs become a bit longer as 10 minutes is a bit short. But yeah anyways would love to see some noob info posted in this sub. Hard to find any decent information on this class.

It's kinda hard to find since most albs tend to disregard this class.
I assure you tho, that it's a very rewarding class and can have lots of fun if you get into the mentality of how to play it.
There are some cons but all classes have, so it's all about on how to work around them.
Always remember to not drop below 50% of your power, since regeneration drops significantly and you don't want that.

The general rule of thumb is:
- Fire
1. Great single damage with it's Bolts and single spec spell (you need to pay attention not to use bolts when mob is on melee, because they tend to miss).
2. Good AoE spell that is very handy in group pulls.
3. Great for solo, you just need to have a staff with Fire Focus (more focus on the staff = less power you spend per spell)

-Ice
1. Good single damage spells and an ice debuff spec spell that synergy really well (you can solo really good when combined with the spec slow spell)
2. Best PBAoE spell in the realm and one of the fastest way to level up via a group.
3. Good for solo. Not as good as fire but ice spells cost a bit less power, so you can benefit from that (also need a staff with Ice Focus).

-Earth
Not a good spec to level either as solo or in group.
It has some benefits in RvR and PvE but avoid it for now.

Renork
Warder

Postby Renork » Jan 23, 2017 15:07

Yes please don't level as earth. At least on live you have nearsight/matter debuff and aoe dot, but 1.65 earth is not very useful.

Troma
Guardian

Postby Troma » Jan 23, 2017 18:22

Appreciate the advice. I have been using fire. So far I can nuke down orange and yellow mobs before they can even reach me most of the time. Having a blast with the class. Where would I get this fire focus staff? Is their a player market/bazaar in this game? Or are they sold from npc merchants?

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » Jan 24, 2017 10:23

Troma wrote:Appreciate the advice. I have been using fire. So far I can nuke down orange and yellow mobs before they can even reach me most of the time. Having a blast with the class. Where would I get this fire focus staff? Is their a player market/bazaar in this game? Or are they sold from npc merchants?

There is a player Housing area where you can check items other players have listed for sale.
Just exit Camelot, pass the outer gate (don't pass the bridge) and turn right. Keep heading right till you see a Stone House like Entrance, this is the Housing Area.

There are also Staff Merchants in Camelot that sell Staffs with Focus. Don't remember their names, but search a bit around and you'll find them for sure.

Vlalkor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Vlalkor » Jan 24, 2017 20:48

+1 Wizzard here bois... lets do this@!

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » Jan 25, 2017 13:04

Vlalkor wrote:+1 Wizzard here bois... lets do this@!

Let's recreate the Wizard community we all loved back in the days!
VP and Bolt mayhem all over the RvR!

\0/

Renork
Warder

Postby Renork » Jan 25, 2017 15:15

onizukasensei wrote:
Vlalkor wrote:+1 Wizzard here bois... lets do this@!

Let's recreate the Wizard community we all loved back in the days!
VP and Bolt mayhem all over the RvR!

\0/

20 Wizards VP'ing = <3

Cottoncandycannon
Warder

Postby Cottoncandycannon » Jan 26, 2017 19:54

Epicburn fire flinger extrordinaiire leveling...

Message me in game

#Cashmeoutsidehowboutdah
Epicburn Fire Wizard DELETED!

Keenidea enchanter uthgard

Former Cottoncandycannon of Mordred

Komaf
Warder

Postby Komaf » Mar 28, 2017 01:34

Cottoncandycannon wrote:Epicburn fire flinger extrordinaiire leveling...

Message me in game

#Cashmeoutsidehowboutdah

The saddest aspect of this post is this fire wiz ^^ became an enchanter.

Heskey
Warder

Postby Heskey » Apr 14, 2017 23:20

Totally making an Earth Wizard, because ****** the boring meta.
"We accept only optimal classes into XP groups then wonder at 50 why we have a realm full of meta." - Random Player

Next

Return to Wizard