Air stun pet question

Rumonice
Warder

Postby Rumonice » Dec 21, 2017 22:06

Hello,

How is the air stun pet proc on uth2? Is the proc rate accurate and works at range like on uth1?

I am considering going tri-spec but wanted some feedback if the air pets were good still. The ice pets are very good with improved AI and I would recommend all theurgists to get them at the cost of earthlords.

KyleSaysThings
Warder

Postby KyleSaysThings » Dec 21, 2017 23:47

They don't stun at range here. The issue has been assigned in the bug tracker for quite some time now(Issue 4147), but no progress.

Regarding the air pets: I find them to be a tad too situational, or underwhelming when compared to their other spec line counterparts. I play Air Ice, and pretty much even situation in which I cast an air pet, I find myself wishing it were an earth pet, however you can only get a Max L37 Earth pet while getting 45 air for final nuke.

That being the case, I'd caution away from going tri-spec, as the shining aspect of air is the 209 nuke, and to a lesser extent the mezz.

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Dec 22, 2017 00:41

Lots of different oppinions.

I prefer the tri-spec, because my theurg does not nuke, he pets people, as I view theurg as a support class and not dps in any way.

I use earth/ice pets as combo to interrupt healers, ice pets to snare tanks and air/ice as combo to interrupt/break QC in casters.
The air pets means even a QC pbaoe, or aoe can fail, with some luck...

I find it rare that earth pets are allowed to live 30+ secs anyway, and kinda feel that when they do, the fight is won anyway.

But anyway, few specs are really bad as theurg, as long as you have either ice or earth pets, and understand how to pre-kite, pick targets and not waste mana, because damn you will be oop most of your fights.
Albion and having fun

Return to Theurgist