Earthlord testing results

wonshot
Gryphon Knight

Postby wonshot » Nov 20, 2017 22:00

Hello folk.

So while leveling up my Theurg I was trying to do some research on what spec to use while leveling and what spec to settle with later on. I came across several statements about the Earthlords (48earthspec) had some improvements over the Supreme Earth Elementals (40earthspec)

So I did a little rough test on a guildie minser

- At level 48 (48earthspec) and with 20% melee relic bonus Supreme pets were hitting for average 200 per swing, and had around 280hp. And couldnt catch him on speed 5.
- At level 48 (48earthspec) and with 20% melee relic bonus Earthlord pets were hitting for average 250 per swing, and had around 300hp ish the results were not too clear about the hp. And could catch him after after about 7-10sec on speed5. We didnt get to test if they could catch him on speed6 sprinting.

So if anyone is out there wondering about wether or not to get 40earth or 48 earth, I hope some of these testresults will be of any help.

The arguement of going 40earth for melee rupt and adding ice pets on top for ranged rupt, to make it harder to clear the rupt of an enemy caster still stands. But the added movementspeed on earthlords have some value I would say, they reach the target faster and can catch up to some people fleeing getting them into combat.

Have a good day, and FU Mentalists <3
<<Bombling>> - Supp SM Lvl 50 - RR 7L0
Bombling Saga part I - VI.
Magnetling Part I&II.
Retired on Uthgard for now. Warhammer RoR private server, and CU beta testing.

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Dec 07, 2017 19:06

Well is speed really that big of a deal? They reach targets a bit faster but you renounce on the level 25 ice pet.

Rumonice
Warder

Postby Rumonice » Dec 08, 2017 06:08

speed helps, can't CC pets as easy for healer/bard before on them. Also hitting harder/higher hp is good.

bruts
Myrmidon

Postby bruts » Dec 08, 2017 06:39

Someone told me the Pets of a Theurg hit harder than they should (or do on live).
-.-

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Dec 08, 2017 09:12

I would not do without lvl 25 ice pets. Their permasnare on tanks is just to good, and their nuke on casters from range makes it harder to aoe the whole bunch.

It's all down to playstyle though, and either is fine.

Some even go for 35, 25, 32 for the air pets as well, I like this spec as well.
Albion and having fun

Warriston
Myrmidon

Postby Warriston » Mar 12, 2018 12:58

As A theurg player who often solos, here is my advice to all people curious about their prospective theurg spec

Lets say you are chiling at Druim Ligen. Squarely hidden away. No one who runs solo or duo out of there will see you. Here is the problem. getting to *them* will be "very" difficult. so, you run towards them (from the side) and cast.... what? If you do not have a good wind mezz, then next best thing is an earth pet. This is because it has a good chance of reaching your opponent IF your earth pet is at leat lvl 40. If you are not 45 wind rest whatever, I recommend 45 earth 25 ice. Why? Here is why.

You run towards your tasty RP's. An Ice pet will have a lower likelihood of reaching your opponent, because most solo classes have some sort of speed. They simply run off. Your ice pet gets in range, followed by it casting its "slow" spell. By the time the cast is finished, hib has run out of range. earth pet is different, it will eventually reach your opponent and hit him (not a bard, but most other stuff)

While this is happening, you will run along and once your earth pet has caused dmg, remain undetected and cast 1-3 ice pets to the opponent who has speed no longer. Now they are slowed.

This is a good plan. Remember that 45 earth 25 ice is not a solo spec. But if you are doing a good job - as described above - you will still be able to solo kill some folks, given that they do not see you when you cast that high speed 40 earth pet :)

:-D

PoisonClovers
Warder

Postby PoisonClovers » Jun 26, 2018 19:02

failing to mention that the air nuke completly and utterly obliterates people is funny. air/ice is the only way to go for rvr. AE mez,AE ROOT, chain stun,interupt not to mention the cast rate on this nuke is if i remember correctly 2.8. :hammer:

Return to Theurgist