Pet spam + power regen: questions

Maxim Corvinus
Warder

Postby Maxim Corvinus » Jun 14, 2017 11:10

Hey all,

I'm thinking of creating a Theurgist and have been theory crafting a bit, problem is that I lack hard facts on game mechanics which makes it all a bit difficult :P

Here's my main question, everything derives from that:

- Is power regen affected by total power or Int? Does having more power or more Int increase the power/second recharge or is it a fixed number only affected by pom/Serenity etc?

If it's NOT affacted by int or power then to me it seems that a pet spamming theurg is actually better off with really low Int, because 12% of a lower amount means less power used per pet cast meaning it regens faster.

Second question, assuming the above is true:

- how much non-pet casting will an earth/ice Theurg really do in high lvl PVE and large group RVR? does the extra power/int that's used for non-pet casting, resulting in more DD dps and more casting, outweigh the increased pet spam cost?

Or simply put: does it really make sense to put points into Int if the plan is to pet spam a lot?

Arinmir
Warder

Postby Arinmir » Jun 14, 2017 17:56

Int/Powerpool does not increase mana regen. Only PoM/Serenity.
However: the 12% Mana cost is base mana, so more mana means more pets (and other cass)! So geht Int (and Powerpool - but it is nearly nothing. about 1 spell)! (and Focus on Staffs reduces manacost as well).

Return to Theurgist