Want to try Theurgist but..

mordakane
Warder

Postby mordakane » Feb 17, 2017 20:14

I'm concerned about Power regen. I've heard that Serenity is not worth it to take, just like Tireless. I am debating between a Theurgist and a Sorc. I like the idea of Sorc because at least you have PoM. Is there anything that can be done for Theurg to reduce downtime while soloing? How many kills can you get before having to sit down?

Charistoph
Warder

Postby Charistoph » Feb 17, 2017 21:08

Depends on what you use, where you are at, and what you're fighting.

Elementals do Slash damage in melee, and Spirit in Ranged. Power Pool won't help you with Elementals, as they use a percentage of your Pool rather than a set amount for DDs, but the Focus can and will help.

Going with a 4 Earth and 3 Ice at level 5, I can give a blue 3 Elementals, and I can do this for about three to four blues before having to recharge and no nuking involved. It should get a little better when I get my next Elementals (if the Uthgard Team hasn't changed this) as the ones above the initials cost less power.

If you go Air, your DDs are Spirit-based, so very few resist it and some Undead really take the hit (if I remember correctly).

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Feb 17, 2017 21:14

mordakane wrote:I'm concerned about Power regen. I've heard that Serenity is not worth it to take, just like Tireless. I am debating between a Theurgist and a Sorc. I like the idea of Sorc because at least you have PoM. Is there anything that can be done for Theurg to reduce downtime while soloing? How many kills can you get before having to sit down?

I don't know if Serenity stacks with power regen spells. However for soloing it is worth it. I had some guys tell me they tested two people with identical stats/class @ 50 (I think in beta). One with Serenity 1 and one without. They went down to zero power and compared. They said it was a pretty big difference because the guy with Serenity 1 got above 50% power faster he really pulled ahead.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Hideurkids
Warder

Postby Hideurkids » Feb 17, 2017 21:17

Power pots and mcl for soloing. Duo with a necro. Join a grp and pbt, buff, and dd while keeping pow above 50%.

These have been my solutions, but yes pow regen can be slow as it is for all casters. You get about 7 to 8 elementals per 50% pow with full focus. At lower levels it's no problem, at higher levels it's harder to predict how many elementals each mob will need to be killed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charistoph
Warder

Postby Charistoph » Feb 17, 2017 23:08

Serenity also helped with PBT, and can make the 6s one almost tolerable.

Return to Theurgist