Theurgist leveling tips?

Roamer05
Warder

Postby Roamer05 » Jan 06, 2017 15:02

Will be starting a Theurgist for the first time today. Will be going 41 ice 35 earth.

Any leveling tips? I heard Theurgists are decent solors. Also what am I to expect for my role in 8 man RvR? Thanks guys

emanius
Warder

Postby emanius » Jan 06, 2017 19:58

i was reading in the forum, people seems to like the earth spec for pve/group

Roamer05
Warder

Postby Roamer05 » Jan 06, 2017 20:07

emanius wrote:i was reading in the forum, people seems to like the earth spec for pve/group

Oh ya? Wow that's exciting. I can save my free respec I get at 40? Use it to respec at 50.

emanius
Warder

Postby emanius » Jan 06, 2017 20:10

Roamer05 wrote:
emanius wrote:i was reading in the forum, people seems to like the earth spec for pve/group

Oh ya? Wow that's exciting. I can save my free respec I get at 40? Use it to respec at 50.

im not a theurg expert, but if you are going to play in group, people will love the bladeturn skill in the earth line.

you can look at it here: http://play.nixian.eu/index.php?page=ch ... =theurgist

Jott
Warder

Postby Jott » Jan 06, 2017 20:14

Roamer05 wrote:I can save my free respec I get at 40? Use it to respec at 50.

No, you cannot. The respec is gone once you level.

Roamer05
Warder

Postby Roamer05 » Jan 06, 2017 20:22

emanius wrote:
Roamer05 wrote:

im not a theurg expert, but if you are going to play in group, people will love the bladeturn skill in the earth line.

you can look at it here:

Thank you.

So if I want to go full earth until 40. Then respec to go into 41 ice and 35 earth I want? That's plausable you think? Or is even going earth for RvR okay as well

Condottier
Warder

Postby Condottier » Jan 07, 2017 06:18

I suggest Ice spec until your mid 30s if not 40.

Hideurkids
Warder

Postby Hideurkids » Jan 10, 2017 23:52

Does anyone have insight into the difference between ice pets at different spec lvls? For example, if I wanted to keep my ice spec at 18, and focus on earth after that (such that I get pulsing blade turn at lvl 32), will I lose any dmg in my ice pets from not getting the later specs of the ice pet cast? The lvl 18 ice pet spec has a max pet lvl of 37 I believe so the pets should be on lvl until that point, but I wanted to see what disadvantages exist from not speccing ice pets any further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northon
Guardian

Postby Northon » Jan 18, 2017 19:20

as far as i know: A specific level of the ice pets spell, has a max. pet level.

eg: Lvl 7 Ice Elemental spell is able to create a max. lvl 15 pet. lvl12 Spell, lvl 25 pet and so on.
In addition to that, the spell cost of the lvl 1 spell is 15% and the higher ones only use 12% of your mana.

But to be honest: i don't know the difference between the lvl 32 and lvl 40 spells (for ice spec), because both of the pets could have a max lvl of 50.

In earth spec, the higher spells also create pets for 60 seconds instead of 30 seconds. In ice it's always 25sec and wind is always 20sec...

Please correct me if i'm wrong :)

Pezzor
Warder

Postby Pezzor » Jan 19, 2017 17:16

Northon wrote:as far as i know: A specific level of the ice pets spell, has a max. pet level.

eg: Lvl 7 Ice Elemental spell is able to create a max. lvl 15 pet. lvl12 Spell, lvl 25 pet and so on.
In addition to that, the spell cost of the lvl 1 spell is 15% and the higher ones only use 12% of your mana.

But to be honest: i don't know the difference between the lvl 32 and lvl 40 spells (for ice spec), because both of the pets could have a max lvl of 50.

In earth spec, the higher spells also create pets for 60 seconds instead of 30 seconds. In ice it's always 25sec and wind is always 20sec...

Ok. You're wrong. All earth pets are 60 sec. Ice pets are 25 sec and air pets are 20 sec. Leveling, ice is far easier to go with imo b/c range pet is easier for pulling from agro camps, tank better than any other pet, and do more damage + their spells have a snare. I also like ice more for leveling b/c we get the DD snare too.

If you want to mostly group, you may consider going ice til 20 and respeccing earth. You get your first PBT at 26 earth, and once you hit about 30+ groups want a theurgist for da/haste but needs to have PBT. I'm very fortunate that I have friends/guildies that didn't mind that I didn't have PBT, as I stayed full ice until 40 because I did a fair amount of soloing.

If you have PBT you have a good chance of basically being PL'ed by groups looking for a theurg. I got invites to groups of people that were 5-7 levels higher than me until I told them I didn't have PBT.

It all comes down to preference in the end though. Some people really like air and thinks it's the best. I just see too many flaws with it.

Hideurkids
Warder

Postby Hideurkids » Jan 19, 2017 18:19

Pezzor wrote:
Northon wrote:as far as i know: A specific level of the ice pets spell, has a max. pet level.

Ok. You're wrong. All earth pets are 60 sec. Ice pets are 25 sec and air pets are 20 sec. Leveling, ice is far easier to go with imo b/c range pet is easier for pulling from agro camps, tank better than any other pet, and do more damage + their spells have a snare. I also like ice more for leveling b/c we get the DD snare too.

If you want to mostly group, you may consider going ice til 20 and respeccing earth. You get your first PBT at 26 earth, and once you hit about 30+ groups want a theurgist for da/haste but needs to have PBT. I'm very fortunate that I have friends/guildies that didn't mind that I didn't have PBT, as I stayed full ice until 40 because I did a fair amount of soloing.

If you have PBT you have a good chance of basically being PL'ed by groups looking for a theurg. I got invites to groups of people that were 5-7 levels higher than me until I told them I didn't have PBT.

It all comes down to preference in the end though. Some people really like air and thinks it's the best. I just see too many flaws with it.

Pezzor and I have talked about split spec before, but basically what I have decided to do is what I said in my post above:

I've kept ice at 18, which is the spec at which you get ice pet cast that has a max lvl of 37. I have since put all of my points into earth (I'm lvl 28). I am still able to solo yellows and oj easily with the lvl 18 ice pet cast (ice pets are still blue to me). This way I get pulsing pbt at lvl 32, which is 6 levels behind full earth spec, but you maintain solo and dmg capability. Also, you can have a lower lvl focus staff to cast the ice pets.

The only downsides I've noticed are:

1. You won't have an ice dd snare on lvl (but you do have your ice baseline dd for dmg and your ice pets cast snare)
2. You won't have aoe root on lvl, it will be about a 30 sec duration
3. You get pbt 6 lvls behind full earth (but maintain almost all dmg output whereas full earth is all utility)
4. Your ice pets have less hp than they would otherwise have if you went full ice.

So far, happy with my decision to split spec while leveling.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jan 19, 2017 18:25

Go 19ice then 26earth then 25ice from there it doesn't matter if you go first higher ice or earth. Won't make a big difference I suggest 35earth first since you will start grouping more over 40.
With that progression you should always have blue ice pets on your side and grps will like you for 10s fend.
Not sure what the advantages of higher than lvl25 ice pets ist since they con blue at 50

Hideurkids
Warder

Postby Hideurkids » Jan 19, 2017 18:31

pweet wrote:Go 19ice then 26earth then 25ice from there it doesn't matter if you go first higher ice or earth. Won't make a big difference I suggest 35earth first since you will start grouping more over 40.
With that progression you should always have blue ice pets on your side and grps will like you for 10s fend.
Not sure what the advantages of higher than lvl25 ice pets ist since they con blue at 50

Why 19 ice?

Pezzor
Warder

Postby Pezzor » Jan 20, 2017 23:19

26 is your first PBT not 32. so 26 earth is enough through your leveling. cap at 35 earth for 8sec PBT which is plenty. gives you cap earth pets, and at least in beta earth pet speed was the same from 35 on so you don't really gain much advantage of 48 earth other than 6sec PBT and earth pets having slightly more hp/dmg (negligible)

so with my spec now at 41 I respecced at 40 to get 26 earth for PBT and will finish ice to 41 and then end with earth to 35.

41 ice gives you DD snare/strong ice pets/root

I like this spec b/c far too often in rvr you will find that only casting earth pets is not enough interrupt b/c they are only melee. so if I can get 1-2 earth pets + 1-2 ice pets on a healer/caster it is gg for them no matter what.

I like the strong dd snare for ice b/c have you ever played melee running at a caster than has a pet that snares + is casting DD snare? it is a huge pain the ass.

Edit: also 35 earth is enough for raids to spam earth pets to get the melee hit cap. so dragon/DF raids etc..

Hideurkids
Warder

Postby Hideurkids » Jan 20, 2017 23:32

Pezzor wrote:26 is your first PBT not 32. so 26 earth is enough through your leveling. cap at 35 earth for 8sec PBT which is plenty. gives you cap earth pets, and at least in beta earth pet speed was the same from 35 on so you don't really gain much advantage of 48 earth other than 6sec PBT and earth pets having slightly more hp/dmg (negligible)

so with my spec now at 41 I respecced at 40 to get 26 earth for PBT and will finish ice to 41 and then end with earth to 35.

41 ice gives you DD snare/strong ice pets/root

I like this spec b/c far too often in rvr you will find that only casting earth pets is not enough interrupt b/c they are only melee. so if I can get 1-2 earth pets + 1-2 ice pets on a healer/caster it is gg for them no matter what.

I like the strong dd snare for ice b/c have you ever played melee running at a caster than has a pet that snares + is casting DD snare? it is a huge pain the ass.

Edit: also 35 earth is enough for raids to spam earth pets to get the melee hit cap. so dragon/DF raids etc..

I agree w/ all of this and am going the same spec end game. I only differ slightly in preference on how to spec while leveling.

The reason I said get pbt at lvl 32 is bc I already have 18 points into ice bc I wanted to maintain Dmg output, therefore I couldn't get pbt at 26. The soonest I can get it is lvl 32 which is later than full earth spec, but it is earlier than respeccing at 40.

Just personal preference.

Next

Return to Theurgist