Why not lvl 50 mind spec?

Clovar
Guardian

Postby Clovar » Feb 26, 2018 15:47

Hi all,

I have been playing Uthgard for some months now. I play sorcerer, and have no experience with other classes.

From what I've read it seems that the normal way to train a sorc is either 42 or 46 mind. I am considering going full mind (50 mind). Can someone answer the following questions.

Does the level of mind-magic affect the succes-rate of mesmerisation spells? Is it the same for baseline and AoE? Please elaborate if possible.

Does the level of mind-magic affect the power cost of debuffs and mesmerisation spells?

Is the level 49 15% mes-dampening chant not any good? I haven´t found a single thread even mentioning the chant.

Please elaborate on any answers if possible

trademark
Myrmidon

Postby trademark » Feb 26, 2018 22:17

Not a sorc, or even an Alb, but hopefully this helps.

Clovar wrote:Does the level of mind-magic affect the succes-rate of mesmerisation spells? Is it the same for baseline and AoE? Please elaborate if possible.

No, stick rate of spells is determined by spell level. Baseline mez of 50 vs. AoE of 44 means the 50 will land (slightly) more often. Skill in a magic tree (for casters) affects power cost (by way of Focus) and variance -- higher skill means less variance in whatever is being applied (damage, duration of mez, etc). As a note, I've never tested nor even thought of how that variance affects debuffs, so open question on that.

Clovar wrote:Does the level of mind-magic affect the power cost of debuffs and mesmerisation spells?

Power cost is determined largely by the focus of your staff relative to the level of the skill used, while also factoring in your aggregate skill. I believe this caps at 50, so you'll see the same results of 50+11 as you would with 49+11 Mind.

Clovar wrote:Is the level 49 15% mes-dampening chant not any good? I haven´t found a single thread even mentioning the chant.

I didn't even realize sorcs had this, tbh. In most fights your mez will either be cleansed or broken before the mez has come to its full duration, so I'd suggest no. That said, every bit helps. So that's pretty cool. But if I were speccing a sorc I'd rather put those points-beyond-44 into Body for the improved damage on lifetap and more reliable duration on Root.
Alainna

Clovar
Guardian

Postby Clovar » Feb 27, 2018 14:10

Thanks alot Trademark

That clears up a lot for me

Return to Sorcerer