Insta Stat Debuffs - do resists interrupt?

Rokiater
Warder

Postby Rokiater » Jun 23, 2017 16:08

Hey, just some general questions about the insta debuffs -

1. Do resisted insta-debuffs interrupt and give cast timer? I know they break mez, not sure if they rupt as well.

2. If they interrupt, is it feasible to use grey debuffs on casters to rupt them?

3. If I toss a red/yellow debuff on someone, and then later hit them with a grey debuff of the same type... what happens? Does it fail to affect? Can this be used to rupt?
ALBION - Knights Hemplar
Medusin McVondelastname - Sorcerer 50
Ruptian StarPets - Theurgist 49
Musicish Name - Minstrel 30

Samirane
Eagle Knight

Postby Samirane » Jun 23, 2017 16:11

insta stat debuffs should not rupt. The only one i know from live was from ench for haste..
here only resist debuff should rupt (not sure if the ench debuff does, i play mid and never got the debuff from ench here so far)

but the normal str str/c dex etc whatever should not rupt. they never did
Langsam und stetig ernährt sich das Murmeltier

WishYouWereHere

emotep
Warder

Postby emotep » Jun 26, 2017 00:53

Resisted stat debuffs broke mez, on live, in OF era. But I don't recall them ever causing interrupts when resisted. Amnesia did, though.

No clue on Uthgard mechanics, tho.

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Sep 03, 2017 10:06

Install stat debuffs do not interrupt, only things are amnesia and root. I think mezz rupts too even if they cannot have that effect again. Been 10 years since I touched a sorc though
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Sep 08, 2017 19:52

As someone who has been on the receiving end I can say that if you resist a stat debuff it will interrupt.. at least an archer shot.

(my ranger in the BG resisted a debuff and I got the message (xyz is attacking you and your shot is interrupted).

I know it was a stat debuff because it was an insta cast from a sorc...I'm not aware of any other instas a sorc has but stat debuffs?

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Sep 08, 2017 19:54

As someone who has been on the receiving end I can say that if you resist a stat debuff it will interrupt.. at least an archer shot.

(my ranger in the BG resisted a debuff and I got the message (xyz is attacking you and your shot is interrupted).

I know it was a stat debuff because it was an insta cast from a sorc...I'm not aware of any other instas a sorc has but stat debuffs?

Pao
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pao » Sep 09, 2017 10:48

So time to put the grey debuffs on the bar?
Hope GMs are fine with what they have stated, that they are fine with just 80 people (300ppl was Trishin Statement long time ago) playing the game under their vision.
Its important to leave this server running doesn't matter how low the numbers will be. The other servers can fail but Uthgard still will be there, thats Uthgards only chance.

Edit 19/09/21: Well Uthgards chance has come.

Return to Sorcerer