Am I sorcerering right?

MrDAoC
Warder

Postby MrDAoC » Mar 13, 2017 05:11

So each night I log in I PLAN to solo, but if I can get a group, awesome! That being said, many nights I'll be on for an hour just soloing. Currently, I am lvl 20 with a respect available. At the moment I am 13 Matter - 12 Mind. Here is how I typically kill:

Send pet to mob. Once pet hits, cast two dots, then confuse. I keep a distance and my pet is usually at 60% health by the time the mob dies, and I am at about 75% power. Do this again, then rest until I'm at 100% power and pet is mostly healed.

I've been told that Body/Mind is a great spec. I'm curious how the levelling would differ. Would I use more or less power. Would I be more or less beneficial in groups? Should I go high Mind to get PoM and rely on groups more than solo?

Hoping someone can shed some light on this. Thanks!

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Mar 13, 2017 15:28

Matter / Mind is a better solo spec. It's okay for grouping too if you increase your mind a bit more compared to an even split. Once you start grouping your job will be:
1) aoe mez
2) power regen
3) charm a cool pet that heals or buffs

A mind and body combo is the only viable spec @ 50 if you ever want to RvR.

Before 20 there wasn't a ton of grouping because most people do tasks. After 20 there will be FAR more. Sorcerer's are popular for groups but usually it's just 1 per.

You could either:
1) continue the way your going (maybe with a little more mind emphasis) and solo or group pretty well until 40. Then use that respec to go 36 Mind, 17 Body.

2) just use make the switch now @ 20 to have at least 15 mind with the rest in Body.

It's up to you, but if you want to group you definitely are going to need more mind.

Don't forget to use the LFG tool!
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Nietz
Warder

Postby Nietz » Mar 15, 2017 16:18

I also went matter/mind until 20. But at 20 i respecced to full mind for groups. If you have the time and patience for grouping, full mind is the way to go.
Nietz - 50 Runemaster

Return to Sorcerer