Solo Sorc Spec?

Lionheart-
Guardian
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Feb 14, 2017 03:13

Postby Lionheart- » Feb 21, 2017 09:35

Hi all,

Unfortunately given the time zone I am in, I mostly have to solo in RvR.

With my wizard this doesn't go very well. So I am thinking of rolling a sorc.

Therefore, what spec would people advise here for a solo sorc for RvR?

Thanks!

User avatar
wla
Gryphon Knight
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Aug 13, 2006 00:00
Location: Bonn/Cologne, Germany

Postby wla » Feb 21, 2017 09:59

viewtopic.php?f=110&t=37922

tl;dr - most common specs:
grp cc: 44 mind / 31 body
hybrid / solo: 36 mind / 40 body (<- my suggestion for you)
dmg / wizz debuffer: 27 mind / 46 body
Image

Don't argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

FifthDuke
Warder
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Jan 25, 2017 07:07

Postby FifthDuke » Feb 23, 2017 08:32

wla wrote:https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=37922

tl;dr - most common specs:
grp cc: 44 mind / 31 body
hybrid / solo: 36 mind / 40 body (<- my suggestion for you)
dmg / wizz debuffer: 27 mind / 46 body


The thing about the hybrid is that it gives 2nd tier debuff (good), 2nd best body dd (cheaper than lifetap on manas) and still allows a fairly good mezz, final pet charm and 4th tier pom.

Nunki
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Jan 06, 2017 17:01

Postby Nunki » Feb 23, 2017 11:49

FifthDuke wrote:
wla wrote:https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=37922

tl;dr - most common specs:
grp cc: 44 mind / 31 body
hybrid / solo: 36 mind / 40 body (<- my suggestion for you)
dmg / wizz debuffer: 27 mind / 46 body


The thing about the hybrid is that it gives 2nd tier debuff (good), 2nd best body dd (cheaper than lifetap on manas) and still allows a fairly good mezz, final pet charm and 4th tier pom.

So you want to invest 3-5p+++ for a respec before running 8man RvR (if thats the plan)? :D

On 1.65 with those kind of mana problems,
no TOA boni to compensate radial-dropoff and Root = Snare = Peeltimer, I would never go so deep into hybrid specc.

If you are planning to run 8 man RvR, you have to invest 3-5p+ for a respec stone (if buyable) to be viable. No way with 36 mind (as only Sorc in group)!
Either 44 mind (better 46 mind) for quite all group setups
OR
45/47 body for last nuke for specialized groups with high body debuff (Have fun finding one, those running with this setup usually have a guild pug).

In my opinion, the Sorc Spec is quite unimportant in solo PvE. Higher POM + higher charm (with the right pet) compensates less damage easily. Mind/Body/Hybrid doesn't make a big difference solo, while Mind is the most usefull for group PvE (which you should set your focus on, especially lvl 40+).

Regarding the Fire Debuff on Body. There are are only lvl 50 wizards (full scd) that I have seen right now and only one group running with a wizard, while they couldn't really compete with other groups.
Without nearsight for wizards, I don't really see that many Fire assist DD groups in the near future (while 2-3 VP could be amazing).

Therefore I would always go 44/46 mind and choose the 45/47 body spec, if you have a fixed / planned group where this spec fits in. Is there a timezone where no one is playing on Uthgard, so that you are forced to solo? Just curious. :D

There are free line respecs at 20 and 40. Try out and choose. ;)

Greetings

User avatar
wla
Gryphon Knight
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Aug 13, 2006 00:00
Location: Bonn/Cologne, Germany

Postby wla » Feb 23, 2017 16:32

Nunki wrote:
FifthDuke wrote:
wla wrote:https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=37922

tl;dr - most common specs:
grp cc: 44 mind / 31 body
hybrid / solo: 36 mind / 40 body (<- my suggestion for you)
dmg / wizz debuffer: 27 mind / 46 body


The thing about the hybrid is that it gives 2nd tier debuff (good), 2nd best body dd (cheaper than lifetap on manas) and still allows a fairly good mezz, final pet charm and 4th tier pom.

So you want to invest 3-5p+++ for a respec before running 8man RvR (if thats the plan)? :D

On 1.65 with those kind of mana problems,
no TOA boni to compensate radial-dropoff and Root = Snare = Peeltimer, I would never go so deep into hybrid specc.

If you are planning to run 8 man RvR, you have to invest 3-5p+ for a respec stone (if buyable) to be viable. No way with 36 mind (as only Sorc in group)!
Either 44 mind (better 46 mind) for quite all group setups
OR
45/47 body for last nuke for specialized groups with high body debuff (Have fun finding one, those running with this setup usually have a guild pug).

In my opinion, the Sorc Spec is quite unimportant in solo PvE. Higher POM + higher charm (with the right pet) compensates less damage easily. Mind/Body/Hybrid doesn't make a big difference solo, while Mind is the most usefull for group PvE (which you should set your focus on, especially lvl 40+).

Regarding the Fire Debuff on Body. There are are only lvl 50 wizards (full scd) that I have seen right now and only one group running with a wizard, while they couldn't really compete with other groups.
Without nearsight for wizards, I don't really see that many Fire assist DD groups in the near future (while 2-3 VP could be amazing).

Therefore I would always go 44/46 mind and choose the 45/47 body spec, if you have a fixed / planned group where this spec fits in. Is there a timezone where no one is playing on Uthgard, so that you are forced to solo? Just curious. :D

There are free line respecs at 20 and 40. Try out and choose. ;)

Greetings


Therefore, what spec would people advise here for a solo sorc for RvR?


'nuff said.
Image

Don't argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Nunki
Myrmidon
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Jan 06, 2017 17:01

Postby Nunki » Feb 27, 2017 21:11

wla wrote:
'nuff said.


Wow, how could I overread that? :D
Dual Spec can be amazing for straight solo RvR.
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UMGBcnWYY0&t=1067s

Good luck. ;)

FifthDuke
Warder
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Jan 25, 2017 07:07

Postby FifthDuke » Feb 28, 2017 11:27

Nunki wrote:
wla wrote:
'nuff said.


Wow, how could I overread that? :D
Dual Spec can be amazing for straight solo RvR.
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UMGBcnWYY0&t=1067s

Good luck. ;)


Great demonstration of the power of split spec.

Kedelin
Guardian
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Jan 23, 2018 21:28

Postby Kedelin » Jan 27, 2018 02:00

On live server I ran 40 body 36 mind from launch tell lab... did everything from solo, duo, small man and 8man.... I tried every spec and this was the best... I took my sorc to rr9 and ran everything from tank groups to 6 caster groups... you get good dps and cc

danever2
Warder
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mar 25, 2013 01:19

Postby danever2 » Oct 23, 2018 20:10

Kedelin wrote: 40 body 36 mind


Interesting, thanks for sharing your experience...
Just curious. What are the arguments for 40 body over 33 body - better dmg variance? Does that weigh more than the 44 AE mezz spell?


Return to Sorcerer

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Thursday, 02. February 2023

Artwork and screen shots Copyright © 2001-2004 Mythic Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission of Mythic Entertainment. Mythic Entertainment, the Mythic Entertainment logo, "Dark Age of Camelot," "Shrouded Isles," "Foundations," "New Frontiers," "Trials of Atlantis," "Catacombs," "Darkness Rising," the Dark Age of Camelot and subsequent logos, and the stylized Celtic knot are trademarks of Mythic Entertainment, Inc.

Valid XHTML & CSS | Original Design by: LernVid.com | Modified by Uthgard Staff