Solo Sorc Spec?

Lionheart-
Guardian

Postby Lionheart- » Feb 21, 2017 09:35

Hi all,

Unfortunately given the time zone I am in, I mostly have to solo in RvR.

With my wizard this doesn't go very well. So I am thinking of rolling a sorc.

Therefore, what spec would people advise here for a solo sorc for RvR?

Thanks!

wla
Gryphon Knight

Postby wla » Feb 21, 2017 09:59

viewtopic.php?f=110&t=37922

tl;dr - most common specs:
grp cc: 44 mind / 31 body
hybrid / solo: 36 mind / 40 body (<- my suggestion for you)
dmg / wizz debuffer: 27 mind / 46 body

Don't argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

FifthDuke
Warder

Postby FifthDuke » Feb 23, 2017 08:32

wla wrote:https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=37922

The thing about the hybrid is that it gives 2nd tier debuff (good), 2nd best body dd (cheaper than lifetap on manas) and still allows a fairly good mezz, final pet charm and 4th tier pom.

Nunki
Myrmidon

Postby Nunki » Feb 23, 2017 11:49

FifthDuke wrote:

The thing about the hybrid is that it gives 2nd tier debuff (good), 2nd best body dd (cheaper than lifetap on manas) and still allows a fairly good mezz, final pet charm and 4th tier pom.

So you want to invest 3-5p+++ for a respec before running 8man RvR (if thats the plan)? :D

On 1.65 with those kind of mana problems,
no TOA boni to compensate radial-dropoff and Root = Snare = Peeltimer, I would never go so deep into hybrid specc.

If you are planning to run 8 man RvR, you have to invest 3-5p+ for a respec stone (if buyable) to be viable. No way with 36 mind (as only Sorc in group)!
Either 44 mind (better 46 mind) for quite all group setups
OR
45/47 body for last nuke for specialized groups with high body debuff (Have fun finding one, those running with this setup usually have a guild pug).

In my opinion, the Sorc Spec is quite unimportant in solo PvE. Higher POM + higher charm (with the right pet) compensates less damage easily. Mind/Body/Hybrid doesn't make a big difference solo, while Mind is the most usefull for group PvE (which you should set your focus on, especially lvl 40+).

Regarding the Fire Debuff on Body. There are are only lvl 50 wizards (full scd) that I have seen right now and only one group running with a wizard, while they couldn't really compete with other groups.
Without nearsight for wizards, I don't really see that many Fire assist DD groups in the near future (while 2-3 VP could be amazing).

Therefore I would always go 44/46 mind and choose the 45/47 body spec, if you have a fixed / planned group where this spec fits in. Is there a timezone where no one is playing on Uthgard, so that you are forced to solo? Just curious. :D

There are free line respecs at 20 and 40. Try out and choose. ;)

Greetings

wla
Gryphon Knight

Postby wla » Feb 23, 2017 16:32

Nunki wrote:
FifthDuke wrote:

So you want to invest 3-5p+++ for a respec before running 8man RvR (if thats the plan)? :D

On 1.65 with those kind of mana problems,
no TOA boni to compensate radial-dropoff and Root = Snare = Peeltimer, I would never go so deep into hybrid specc.

If you are planning to run 8 man RvR, you have to invest 3-5p+ for a respec stone (if buyable) to be viable. No way with 36 mind (as only Sorc in group)!
Either 44 mind (better 46 mind) for quite all group setups
OR
45/47 body for last nuke for specialized groups with high body debuff (Have fun finding one, those running with this setup usually have a guild pug).

In my opinion, the Sorc Spec is quite unimportant in solo PvE. Higher POM + higher charm (with the right pet) compensates less damage easily. Mind/Body/Hybrid doesn't make a big difference solo, while Mind is the most usefull for group PvE (which you should set your focus on, especially lvl 40+).

Regarding the Fire Debuff on Body. There are are only lvl 50 wizards (full scd) that I have seen right now and only one group running with a wizard, while they couldn't really compete with other groups.
Without nearsight for wizards, I don't really see that many Fire assist DD groups in the near future (while 2-3 VP could be amazing).

Therefore I would always go 44/46 mind and choose the 45/47 body spec, if you have a fixed / planned group where this spec fits in. Is there a timezone where no one is playing on Uthgard, so that you are forced to solo? Just curious. :D

There are free line respecs at 20 and 40. Try out and choose. ;)

Greetings

Therefore, what spec would people advise here for a solo sorc for RvR?

'nuff said.

Don't argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Nunki
Myrmidon

Postby Nunki » Feb 27, 2017 21:11

wla wrote:
'nuff said.

Wow, how could I overread that? :D
Dual Spec can be amazing for straight solo RvR.
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UMGBcnWYY0&t=1067s

Good luck. ;)

FifthDuke
Warder

Postby FifthDuke » Feb 28, 2017 11:27

Nunki wrote:
wla wrote:
'nuff said.

Wow, how could I overread that? :D
Dual Spec can be amazing for straight solo RvR.
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UMGBcnWYY0&t=1067s

Good luck. ;)

Great demonstration of the power of split spec.

Kedelin
Guardian

Postby Kedelin » Jan 27, 2018 02:00

On live server I ran 40 body 36 mind from launch tell lab... did everything from solo, duo, small man and 8man.... I tried every spec and this was the best... I took my sorc to rr9 and ran everything from tank groups to 6 caster groups... you get good dps and cc

danever2
Warder

Postby danever2 » Oct 23, 2018 20:10

Kedelin wrote: 40 body 36 mind

Interesting, thanks for sharing your experience...
Just curious. What are the arguments for 40 body over 33 body - better dmg variance? Does that weigh more than the 44 AE mezz spell?

Return to Sorcerer