45 Body Spec

Kamel
Guardian

Postby Kamel » Feb 15, 2017 04:16

What is the real viability of 45 body? One thing I was considering is that it comes with 50% heat and cold debuffs (well 46 for the cold). But what that means is if you are rolling with an ice theurg or fire wizard, they will unload massive amounts of damage. Could having this duo included in an 8v8 grp work?

moha
Myrmidon

Postby moha » Feb 15, 2017 11:45

If you want to play hybrid, cab + mind/body sorc is a way better duo than body sorc + wizard/theurg.

If you want to play a caster group, a body sorc as debuffer is only working if you stack some wizards. Once again I think cab debuffing + body sorc assisting is way stronger. More utility, more pets.

Also if you use a body sorc you will need a second mind sorc for cc, so you're almost forced to use a body debuff train already.

Body sorc makes sense as an assist nuker to a cab in caster group, but not so much as an debuffer for wizard/theurg.

Nunki
Myrmidon

Postby Nunki » Feb 15, 2017 14:15

Kamel wrote:What is the real viability of 45 body? One thing I was considering is that it comes with 50% heat and cold debuffs (well 46 for the cold). But what that means is if you are rolling with an ice theurg or fire wizard, they will unload massive amounts of damage. Could having this duo included in an 8v8 grp work?

It could theoretically work, to explain why and in which situations I would like to explain something.

Theurg:
If an Alb 8 man grp has 1 Theurg in it, his job would be everything but not doing damage. :D Petspam for everyone + Single Root, DD is rarely used. ;) Also there would be only 1 theurg, therefore the viability of Cold Debuff is quite low (you debuff for only 1 person).
Quite No Value.

Wizard:
Wizards are rare in RvR. I don't know a single guildgroup running with a wizard. Therefore you won't find many wizards to use it with. If you would build up some kind of 2x wiz (either fire or ice) group, with a proper assist and play, this could be viable. ;)
I mean 2 Vulcanic Pillar could be nice. ;) Same with high rr MOC ice wizards. :D
Value, but not existing, yet.

Body Sorc in a body dd group:
I have always dreamed of a 2x sorc, 2x caba group, as Raif is running it. (amount of sorcs/cabs variating)
In such a group, yellow/purple body debuff + 209dd of body sorc could hit like a truck. ;)
Debuffing for 3-4 Body Nuker is more than viable. ;)
Due to ae-root giving snare timer, I am not sure how valueable a yellow/purple ae root could be.
High value, existing, but not common (I only know 1 group, while I don't even know if they run with a body sorc ;) edit: yes they do. :P ).

Conclusion:
It may be viable, unluckily none of the setups are common. 2/3 aren't even existing in the actual meta. :D I would only choose that spec, if you have a fixed group 8/small running with you.
If you want to be viable for nearly every 8man grp, go Mind. ;)

terme
Warder

Postby terme » Apr 15, 2017 04:10

well first there is really no reason to stop at 45 body. you don't get anything from mind spec for the points you saved from not speccing 47 body. you want to get 47 body for the red dex/qui debuff, and 26 mind.

but don't knock the power of a body sorc / 2x fire wiz assist train. mind sorc / body sorc / 2x fire wiz / 2x cleric / theurg / minstrel.

i'd like to see any group go up against me on my body sorc running this setup with a group of good players.

body sorcs are also very good for body assist trains yes.

even just a single body sorc assisting one cabalist can be potent.

if you are comfortable with it, you can even run as the only sorc with blue mez. the duration on it really is pretty good. on support classes the duration is more than long enough. on det tanks the duration is long enough to let you reposition, and what else can you really expect out of casting CC on a det tank? I would be curious to know anyway, what the actual difference in duration is between a blue mez and a purple mez cast on a det tank with yellow resist buffs.

as a sorc you really want to go body spec and maximize your dps. here is why:

the other two mez classes have a function besides mezzing! healing. but sorcs are not a mez/heal class but rather a mez/dps class. so if you ignore your dps then you are not playing the class to it's full potential. meanwhile healers and bards have WAY more survivability, and much more utility than just mezzing. sorcerers over here are still wearing cloth armor, and are easy to pick off. but the sorcerer does have strengths. sorcerers cast a lot faster, and have a longer mez range. but you also need to maximize your dps to bring your group the most utility that you can.

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Apr 15, 2017 15:09

terme wrote:well first there is really no reason to stop at 45 body. you don't get anything from mind spec for the points you saved from not speccing 47 body. you want to get 47 body for the red dex/qui debuff, and 26 mind.

but don't knock the power of a body sorc / 2x fire wiz assist train. mind sorc / body sorc / 2x fire wiz / 2x cleric / theurg / minstrel.

If you go 45 body, you gain access to the blue mezz dampening shield, which is still 25% i think... question is whether purple dq debuff is worth losing that 25%.

There are no firewizards so the debuffs are just wasted util for the specs, for other reasons, view my thoughts here:

viewtopic.php?f=110&t=42075

terme
Warder

Postby terme » Apr 16, 2017 16:26

red dex/qui debuff op

you lose 15% mez dampening.

that is maybe 10 seconds. if you are already sitting in a mez for 40-50 seconds, I doubt that 10 more seconds is really going to make much of a difference. i'm afraid with the mez dampening it's all (purple) or bust. I really can't recall any times in the last week that I have been sitting in a mez for the entire duration of the mez.

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Apr 16, 2017 19:18

terme wrote:red dex/qui debuff op

you lose 15% mez dampening.

that is maybe 10 seconds. if you are already sitting in a mez for 40-50 seconds, I doubt that 10 more seconds is really going to make much of a difference. i'm afraid with the mez dampening it's all (purple) or bust. I really can't recall any times in the last week that I have been sitting in a mez for the entire duration of the mez.

Its 25%, (http://play.nixian.eu/index.php?page=ch ... s=sorcerer)

Anyway, my opinion is they are not worth it, unless you have a very strict setup and maybe some relics :) (which i never had)

terme
Warder

Postby terme » Apr 26, 2017 00:42

but you still get the 10% one. so you lose a net of 15%

Return to Sorcerer