Sorcerer ~

Hedra
Eagle Knight

Postby Hedra » Feb 27, 2014 23:02

Salandril wrote:
Xedie wrote:Specwise I'd most likely go for 40mind/36body in the early ranks (less mana intensive, less dmg variance on your nukes)

Doesnt higher mind skill reduce the mana costs of baseline spells like stat debuffs?
U might use those more often than the mana wasting baseline nuke.

Imlo in times of 30 mins purge the 80% mezz shield is the best thing u can have.
I dont see any advantage of a blue ae root. Might be funny for small grp or solo but almost useless in 8v8 besides u want to give snare immu to tanks.

So 46/28 > all ;)

This is all wrong ^^
Higher skill never reduced power cost.
Nuke is not a power waste in many cases (if you think otherwise you never played with a good caba or you don't play sorc right)
Highest mezz shield is 55%, not 80%
Ae root is far from useless (ofc you don't root det tanks with it).
46/28 is good but not the only option, depending on the setups you play with and against, 40 body is just as good or better. But thats just my point of view I guess:)
I am assuming direct control.

Salandril
Myrmidon

Postby Salandril » Feb 28, 2014 00:08

Hedra wrote:Nuke is not a power waste in many cases (if you think otherwise you never played with a good caba or you don't play sorc right)

No i played tank setups most of the time. Imlo mind sorc is for rupt/cc and not for dmg. Id rather spam amnesia on the sups then assisting the dd. 40 Body doesnt give u the mighty red spec nuke, only some points less variance :bored:

Hedra wrote:Highest mezz shield is 55%, not 80%

Yes the base value is 55%. U get a 25% spec bonus. Tested that on uthgard after the shield was fixed.

Hedra wrote:Ae root is far from useless (ofc you don't root det tanks with it).

Right those Req druids or any mid healers always standing 350 locs next to each other^^

Byun
Gryphon Knight

Postby Byun » Feb 28, 2014 00:09

Hedra wrote:This is all wrong ^^
Higher skill never reduced power cost.
Nuke is not a power waste in many cases (if you think otherwise you never played with a good caba or you don't play sorc right)
Highest mezz shield is 55%, not 80%
Ae root is far from useless (ofc you don't root det tanks with it).
46/28 is good but not the only option, depending on the setups you play with and against, 40 body is just as good or better. But thats just my point of view I guess:)

There is a 25% spec bonus for the shield, they implemented that a lil bit later on uthgard so you have 55% + 25% for the shield.
Ae is useless, why should you ae root them if you can single root them for a much longer time? red single root > blue aoe root
For rupt you use the aoe mezz most of the time anyways.
The base line nuke is actually really mana consuming, and your main job as sorc/main cc/only demezzer in grp, isnt dmg too :lol:

Just take the stuff Xedie wrote, he has to know it :D

Zerpi
Warder

Postby Zerpi » Feb 28, 2014 00:15

no ! everyone is wrong ! you need to spec 49 matter for the red aoe dex/quick debuff ! red base and aoe dex/quick debuff = no heals ! and you get a snare dd so you can peel of the tanks from yourself !

Salandril
Myrmidon

Postby Salandril » Feb 28, 2014 00:54

Zerpi wrote:no ! everyone is wrong ! you need to spec 49 matter for the red aoe dex/quick debuff ! red base and aoe dex/quick debuff = no heals ! and you get a snare dd so you can peel of the tanks from yourself !

OMG red d/q debuff is 47 body! noooooooooooooooooooob!

Xedie
Eagle Knight

Postby Xedie » Feb 28, 2014 01:24

Salandril wrote:
Zerpi wrote:no ! everyone is wrong ! you need to spec 49 matter for the red aoe dex/quick debuff ! red base and aoe dex/quick debuff = no heals ! and you get a snare dd so you can peel of the tanks from yourself !

OMG Matter also has a red d/q debuff! noooooooooooooooob! :D

Byun wrote:Just take the stuff Xedie wrote, he has to know it :D

:!:

Salandril
Myrmidon

Postby Salandril » Feb 28, 2014 01:28

Xedie wrote:
Salandril wrote:

OMG Matter also has a red d/q debuff! noooooooooooooooob! :D

Byun wrote:Just take the stuff Xedie wrote, he has to know it :D

:!:

At least i understood the sarcasm :P

Hedra
Eagle Knight

Postby Hedra » Feb 28, 2014 01:57

Salandril wrote:
Hedra wrote:Nuke is not a power waste in many cases (if you think otherwise you never played with a good caba or you don't play sorc right)

No i played tank setups most of the time. Imlo mind sorc is for rupt/cc and not for dmg. Id rather spam amnesia on the sups then assisting the dd. 40 Body doesnt give u the mighty red spec nuke, only some points less variance :bored:

Amnesia is a terrible spell honestly, why spam it? the only advantage it has is its range if you REALLY can't get closer, otherwise any other spell is better for rupting.

Salandril wrote:
Hedra wrote:Highest mezz shield is 55%, not 80%

Yes the base value is 55%. U get a 25% spec bonus. Tested that on uthgard after the shield was fixed.

Since when is spec bonus additive and not multiplied? And why would there even be a spec bonus on a spell that is already a percentage.. Sounds ridiculous tbh, but okay ^^

Salandril wrote:
Hedra wrote:Ae root is far from useless (ofc you don't root det tanks with it).

Right those Req druids or any mid healers always standing 350 locs next to each other^^

I've rarely played against Req or whatever but in some way you're right, in pure 8v8 it's not always useful. In some occasion you can throw a nice aoe but surely not every fight.
My groups were playing a kite heavy style, and there were plenty of fights being added, 8vsX etc. I assure you in all those situations my yellow aoe roots were not useless and neither was my damage:)

Byun wrote:The base line nuke is actually really mana consuming, and your main job as sorc/main cc/only demezzer in grp, isnt dmg too :lol:

Just take the stuff Xedie wrote, he has to know it :D

Didnt he say to not underestimate damage then ? :D

Anyway I don't care you play like you want, but no one insulted me for using other spells than mezz and demezz for the years I played :D

Salandril
Myrmidon

Postby Salandril » Feb 28, 2014 02:13

Hedra wrote:Amnesia is a terrible spell honestly, why spam it? the only advantage it has is its range if you REALLY can't get closer, otherwise any other spell is better for rupting.

A spell with 2300 range, 4 points mana cost, 2s castime and the chance to break qc and moc is terrible? :wall:

Hedra wrote:Since when is spec bonus additive and not multiplied? And why would there even be a spec bonus on a spell that is already a percentage.. Sounds ridiculous tbh, but okay ^^

I dont know why it is that way but it is livelike. There was a bugreport about the mezz shield and it got fixed so i guess its legit^^

Hedra wrote:Anyway I don't care you play like you want, but no one insulted me for using other spells than mezz and demezz for the years I played :D

And i realy dont care about your sorc playstyle either but about spreading wrong infos.

Hedra
Eagle Knight

Postby Hedra » Feb 28, 2014 02:52

Except my infos aren't wrong just because you disagree. For me it's just as wrong to say sorc is just a mezzer/demezzer and shouldn't nuke because it costs power. This is not a bard, sorc has loads of utility and a good sorc should use it.

I was maybe wrong on the mezz shield thing I guess, it sounds weird but I'm not going to investigate this so nevermind that:)

A spell with 2300 range, 4 points mana cost, 2s castime and the chance to break qc and moc is terrible? :wall:

Yes, in most situations it's terrible. You lock yourself while spamming on some guy while you can give rupt timers on at least 2 targets with anything else. Moc is an exception but it was used very rarely when I played. Will be different with 100% moc from old ras ofc, this will be the best reason to spam it!

Seksy
Eagle Knight

Postby Seksy » Feb 28, 2014 03:40

all main sorc's need to spec 46/28 that mez reduction just too good, Also sorcerer main roll is CC/demez/rupt and then if they can do some damage. Doing damage is not priority but sometimes it can add that extra damage needed to drop someone and turn the fight. If you want to spec higher in body then you need to go full body(45), but it will be in caster groups where you already have 1 mind sorc, If not you will always need a 46/28 sorc as main CC.

Hybrid spec are just not so good, you gain very little damage and lose alot of CC power and mez reduction.

Koleriker
Eagle Knight

Postby Koleriker » Feb 28, 2014 10:37

I guess you never played with Xedie. He never used debuffs but nuked all the time :D

IRC: 09.01.2013(15:16:36) Dotto: we zerg if other realm zerg in rvr,, we never start zerg thats all!

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Feb 28, 2014 13:40

46/28 damage is still good enough for debuff nuke.

There is nothing more annoying than a det5 sorc + none CCable minstrel duo in grp.
In Mid you got 3 healers, in Alb det5 sorc and in Hib you better find a good bard playing >> the mid/albs ;P
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

fiskgrodan
Myrmidon

Postby fiskgrodan » Feb 28, 2014 15:49

Go 46mind/28body or 45mind/29body. Nothing in body compares to the utility of the red mezz damp. The 400 radius red aoe mezz is a nice bonus too.

Infamous
Warder

Postby Infamous » Mar 20, 2014 19:10

Player speed.
Player positioning.

no purge3
concentration 3
no ichor etc

39 37, aoe root. And tolerable mana consumption.

Basically, you want one of your best players in this position. You don't put one of your best players as a mere mezz/demess interrupt bot. Theurgist and mercs can do plenty of interrupts, add in minstrel.

However, if you do a pure tank setup, sorc/theugist. Then yes, the sorc is just a bot, but then you don't need a good sorc.
Just somebody willing to play it.
Freeshard celebrity since Odin's Gate "Sup Warlord, Nova, Legion!"
Some Purga toons: Usa, Infamous, Hue, Pimpdaddy, Sonicboom.
Some i50 Genesis & Thidranki ones: Enders, Usa, Krazykobby, Defiance, Formidable.

PreviousNext

Return to Sorcerer