Good scout camps from 5-45

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Aug 28, 2018 16:23

This is just a quick list for fremster. It's basically just camps I've found in Alb that work good for a scout, especially with the new potion changes which, I think, turn the scout into a PvE machine to rival the necro. I just did full bow spec, and kept gear in good shape. And a 99% crafted bow is important...and best arrows too. The fact that the scout can dish out all 3 physical damage types open up a lot of good camps.

1-9: I just did a mix of kill tasks and blue mobs around starting loction, and then PKB after the long horse ride to Camelot.

10-12: Armed with end pots now, you can easily chain kill boulderlings, bandit camps, and the dragon ant camp north of Mithra.

sshot057.jpg

13-14 The tomb raider camp and slaver area (Salisbury) is nice. You'll have to switch arrow types as slavers and diggers/scouts all have different weaknesses.

sshot058.jpg

15-16 Ebony fellwoods in Camp Forest. Also mud golems in Avalon Marsh are great for 13-15ish...they have lots of health but move very slowly.

sshot059.jpg

16-17 Wood ogre camp NW of Witrin.

sshot062.jpg

18-20 The spriggarn camp by the southern tower in Salisbury is nice.

sshot080.jpg

20-22 Ashen fellowood camp in camp. forest.

23-24/25 Abermenai has some easy forest creature mobs. I found a group here also and we all got some quick levels after we took the CK

***Around level 25 (before going to Llyn barfog/cornwall) I took a break to level fletching up to 500, for best arrows and mithril salvaging....can start making back some of the money all the potions you've been chugging cost!***

sshot092.jpg

25-26 Elder beeches in cornwall

sshot095.jpg

27-28 Wicked Cythrauls in Llyn Barfog

sshot104.jpg

29-31 Moor boogeys in cornwall (also the giant skellys at night time) The boogey camp by Cordova has I think the higher level ones.

sshot112.jpg

31-33 Dunters in Lyonesse

sshot114.jpg

33-34.95 Arachites in Thirdranki. Wait for the wee packs to form, then kill the Oppunger and kite away. With the Oppunger dead, the str/con buff drops from the pack and you can easily 2 shot them as they walk back to their spot. Just before 35, suicide out and gather enough supplies to re-enter and farm them again until lvl 37. The 30% bonus on top of maybe having 15% bonus from CK *and* the nice group bonus on all 4 mobs makes this hard to beat...and you'll have good faction for a later camp...
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Aug 28, 2018 16:30

sshot140.jpg

37-40 I went for the spiders in snowdonia. You can actually start farming some plat now...just make sure Jaond isn't online. It's handy if Albs don't have hurb too...becuase the pikes will take up lots of space and possibly encumber you...so a quick suicide on guards to drop a load of salvage off is handy. If you want to be safe, hamadryads in cornwall/lyonesse would be fine, and Dartmoor ponies also.

sshot155.jpg

40-44? Bone-eater Oracles. I found out about this camp on the old critshot forum. It's the promised land. First of all, the mobs have stayed friendly despite the batches I've killed (vendos hate the arachites) so aggro chances stay low at first. Second, they have low HP, and third they frequently stop and try to cast. I'm only 41 now, but this camp should stay good for a while I suspect. It's in Yggdra forest...I've never seen a mid hunting here...and most of the xp gankers you see are in fact...albs :lol:

One could probably fare well killing hollow men around these levels too.

Well, that's about as far as I am on my scout...happy hunting!

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Aug 31, 2018 18:32

Some good / interesting info in this post (and with pictures as well :grin: ) bit surprised no one responded tbh.

Thanks for the informative post.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Sep 01, 2018 09:47

Agree this was an amazing post!

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Sep 01, 2018 11:17

I was holding off posting so Grahmdal could continue his posts to 50 without having spam inbetween (considering it is not possible to edit).

Agree, really nice post.. I will definetly be checking some of these spots.

Thanks!

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Sep 02, 2018 23:06

Must confess curiosity at how, in the later levels, you managed to carry enough arrows :grin:

And what will your final spec be? Have you decided yet?

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Sep 03, 2018 07:27

morry1000 wrote:Must confess curiosity at how, in the later levels, you managed to carry enough arrows :grin:

the best way is to be fletcher and carry the mats to do the arrows in the field
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Sep 05, 2018 00:52

Thanks for the kind words! I think it's very peaceful and fun to level a scout. I'm still just 41...sort of taking it slower now.

I really think the oracle camp will be good up until I can kill grim woods/fell woods near xcal/bold. So maybe change camps around 44-46ish I guess. The tree mobs move slow so that should be a nice spot. I'd love to search SI for some fun spots too!

As far as ammo goes, 50 wood/metal/feathers has been enough for a whole level...but I think after I ding 42 I'll bring out 100 of each /flex. 1 bub of 41 to go, and the ammo is running out!

Spec has just been full bow and split the rest into slash and shield. The 29 shield style is nice to have. With a haste pot my scout can numb, side snare and run too, if you get an add from a fast mover like the spiders...so that's handy.

Not sure about spec at 50...don't know if full bow us worth it, or if stealth at 50 is worth it...I know I'll definitely get slam...I'd love to have ammy slash...honestly the 44 thrust style could be interesting too...even 50 shield sounds nice. Undecided :D

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Sep 05, 2018 19:37

Grahmdal wrote:Thanks for the kind words! I think it's very peaceful and fun to level a scout. I'm still just 41...sort of taking it slower now.

I really think the oracle camp will be good up until I can kill grim woods/fell woods near xcal/bold. So maybe change camps around 44-46ish I guess. The tree mobs move slow so that should be a nice spot. I'd love to search SI for some fun spots too!

As far as ammo goes, 50 wood/metal/feathers has been enough for a whole level...but I think after I ding 42 I'll bring out 100 of each /flex. 1 bub of 41 to go, and the ammo is running out!

Spec has just been full bow and split the rest into slash and shield. The 29 shield style is nice to have. With a haste pot my scout can numb, side snare and run too, if you get an add from a fast mover like the spiders...so that's handy.

Not sure about spec at 50...don't know if full bow us worth it, or if stealth at 50 is worth it...I know I'll definitely get slam...I'd love to have ammy slash...honestly the 44 thrust style could be interesting too...even 50 shield sounds nice. Undecided :D

45 Bow
50 Shield
15 Thrust
35 Stealth

I have been messing around with the Uthgard Char Planner and came up with that (this assumes the extra pts from auto-train still apply?).

Melee with shield tbh, crush damage :grin:

15 Thrust gives Beartooth 6 sec off block stun (and you have slam & brutalize too).

35 + RR3 (Caledonia?) + 11 to skills - lets face it, assassins are going to see you anyway.

Not sure 50 bow is worth it really, not much difference for a lot of extra pts.

Return to Scout